THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Competitive 1500pt list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gruyere
Slave
gruyere

Competitive 1500pt list Empty
PostSubject: Competitive 1500pt list   Competitive 1500pt list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21 2015, 19:44

Hey guys, I'm planning to purchase a new DE army but I don't know if I have the right idea. Ive never played DE but ive been looking around forums a lot, heres the idea.
My meta is mixed, so I want my list to be able to face all comers fairly decently, so I would really like to balance AT and AI fire. Notably there are some Tau players (which makes jink very sad), but otherwise I want to stay balanced.

Im running CAD, however Im open to switch to RsR if its a better choice.

CAD 1500 Pts
HQ:
Archon w/ Blaster, WWP (i dont know if i run the shadowfield and WWP, since he will die regardless if DSing)

Troops:
5x KW w/ 1 Blaster in Venom w/ Cannons
5x KW w/ 1 Blaster in Raider w/ DL
5x KW w/ 1 Blaster in Raider w/ DL
(3 venom squads for anti infantry poisoned spam, 2 min warrior raiders for more dark lances)

FA:
5x Scourge w/ 4x Heat Lance
Razorwing Jetfighter w/ 2x DL, SC
Razorwing Jetfighter w/ 2x DL, SC

Heavy Support:
Ravager w/ 3x DL
Ravager w/ 3x DL
Ravager w/ 3x DL

With this list, I get 15 DL shots and a unit of heat lance scourges, which should be able to take out armor. Hopefully this isnt too much AT, tho it does seem very possible. I am mostly considering this much AT since tau run skyrays, and markerlights from armor would cause my army to be unable to maneuver. Theres no real "horde" list in my meta, but if it changes I could add another venom instead of a raider.

The SCs on the flyers are because i had extra points, i realize they are a waste sometimes but i didnt know what else to upgrade

I am fully open to any changes as I havent bought any of this list yet. I chose the WWP archon since the other options I was considering (archon in his own venom w blaster, succubus w glaive w incubi venom) seemed less powerful than what I consider to be a guaranteed vehicle kill. I may be ignorant tho, since i havent actually played this army

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 1500pt list   Competitive 1500pt list I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 10:21

It's a start. and a good one. I have been playing competitively with new dex for four months now and I have a lot of same elements in my lists too. The fast section is totally different though.

I don't like 220pts unit that comes T2-4 and might destry a tank and then die during the next turn. There are not so many landraiders to justify that kind of waste of points. But thats just my way of thinking.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
gruyere
Slave
gruyere

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 1500pt list   Competitive 1500pt list I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 17:05

Thanks for the advice!

Vasara wrote:
I don't like 220pts unit that comes T2-4 and might destry a tank and then die during the next turn. There are not so many landraiders to justify that kind of waste of points. But thats just my way of thinking.

This is a good point, I didn't really think about how actually expensive they are. I'm sure there are ways I can game this, but 9/10 times its a suicide unit. I guess I should give the archon his own venom and give the scourges haywire blasters then?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 1500pt list   Competitive 1500pt list I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 17:44

Vasara wrote:
It's a start. and a good one. I have been playing competitively with new dex for four months now and I have a lot of same elements in my lists too. The fast section is totally different though.
Interesting - because I like the look of his FA selections, and they're pretty close to what I do. What are you going with from FA?

Vasara wrote:
I actually run stuff like that to oppose Imperial Knights moreso than Landraiders. LRs are a joke to our army because they are more expensive than a Chimera and just as easy to destroy. I bring DSing stuff to help me flank out Knights to force them to make hard shield choices and allow the kill - and Turn 2-4 isn't too bad for them because if it's a scary Knight force you can play pretty good 'keep away' while waiting for your hammer to drop and plinking away at them for the setup. So, basically I'm saying I'm okay with that build and find it one of the better HQ options we have, certainly at 1500.

@gruyere - it depends on your goals. HWB Scourges and a Blaster Archon in a Venom are also pretty solid options (you could also lob the Archon into one of the Raiders as well - depending on available points). The HWB Scourges are also a good tool against Knights, albeit a different sort of one - and they also do decent work to help finish off Wave Serpents, though I prefer to try to force the jink on them if at all possible, but a dead WS is still pretty clear win regardless.

There is also a pretty strong split of opinion about CAD v. RSR as the detatchment of choice. It is my opinion that, pretty clearly, the more tournament minded players favor the CAD - you may feel free to draw your own opinions and I am certain you'll hear some people claim that RSR is somehow brilliant.

That said, at 1500 - really unless you want 4+ FA options, you have no reason to even bother with the choice methinks. The only valid argument for it is that alone, really.

Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 1500pt list   Competitive 1500pt list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 06:44

Thor665 wrote:
Vasara wrote:
Interesting - because I like the look of his FA selections, and they're pretty close to what I do. What are you going with from FA?

I use Reavers. 2x6 with caltorps atm. They are more multipurpose than Scourges. And they are quite good invisibility counter if it's not on a real 6th ed deathstar. On the flier issue I'm in a go big or go home boat. I use grotesgues on the prteety much same role as razorwings.

Thor665 wrote:
Vasara wrote:
I actually run stuff like that to oppose Imperial Knights moreso than Landraiders. LRs are a joke to our army because they are more expensive than a Chimera and just as easy to destroy. I bring DSing stuff to help me flank out Knights to force them to make hard shield choices and allow the kill - and Turn 2-4 isn't too bad for them because if it's a scary Knight force you can play pretty good 'keep away' while waiting for your hammer to drop and plinking away at them for the setup. So, basically I'm saying I'm okay with that build and find it one of the better HQ options we have, certainly at 1500.

Knights are the new Land Raiders. I feel so old.  lol!   But thats a good point Thor.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
gruyere
Slave
gruyere

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 1500pt list   Competitive 1500pt list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 08:50

Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, I do think the turn one bonus is not as good as obsec, I was just wondering if other people take more FA than I do. If I dropped a raider or venom I could almost get another rwjf or a unit of scourges, but I didnt think it was worth but I was open to opinion. I think Id sac obsec if I was going for like 6 FA otherwise it doesnt seem worth.

I dont have a lot of knights players in my meta (thank god), so I dont have to worry about that, but general armor is pretty popular. I think ill try both loadouts and see which I like best.

I also thought about caltrop reavers, but I run chaos and our T6 nurgle bikers still get eaten alive by tau due to jink getting removed by markers, so I shy away from CC units that rely on jink and speed to gap close. Of course, Chaos is a very different beast in terms of playstyle than DE, but I still felt a stigma towards reavers. And they are expensive moneywise!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 1500pt list   Competitive 1500pt list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Competitive 1500pt list
Page 1 of 1