THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First 7th Edition Competitive 1500pt list - need help with remaining upgrade points!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mug7703
Sybarite

First 7th Edition Competitive 1500pt list - need help with remaining upgrade points! Empty
PostSubject: First 7th Edition Competitive 1500pt list - need help with remaining upgrade points!   First 7th Edition Competitive 1500pt list - need help with remaining upgrade points! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08 2015, 12:55

Hello all. Here is my first list in 7th for the consideration of the Dark City. I have 45 points remaining and can't decide between giving the warrior squads blasters, improving the hq and upgrading the Razor Wing/Reaver Jetbike leader or something else, Autarch upgrade?. What are your thoughts?

Haemonculus - Venom Blade

5 Warriors - Venom w/2xSC

3 Incubi - Venom w/2xSC
5 True Born w/4xBlaster - Venom w/2xSC

6 Reavers w/2xCC
Razorwing Jetfighter

Ravager w/3xDL
Ravager w/3xDL
Ravager w/3xDL

Autarch w/Banshee Mask

3 Wind Riders

45 points remaining. I don't know the best weapon for the Autarch and perhaps a Succubus would be better than a Haemonculi to go with the Incubi.

Before anyone suggests to have another Warrior squad, alas I don't have the models or the extra Venom right now but I think 4 scoring units will be fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

First 7th Edition Competitive 1500pt list - need help with remaining upgrade points! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 7th Edition Competitive 1500pt list - need help with remaining upgrade points!   First 7th Edition Competitive 1500pt list - need help with remaining upgrade points! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08 2015, 13:08

Shard of Anaris for the Autarch so he is actually useful in melee instad of beeing an expensive banshee mask service.

Also split the Reavers in 2x3

Also the Haemi can't get a Venom Blade. Take Scissors instead, so he gets poison and rending.

45 points done.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: First 7th Edition Competitive 1500pt list - need help with remaining upgrade points!   First 7th Edition Competitive 1500pt list - need help with remaining upgrade points! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08 2015, 13:50

I'll second the above - certainly the Autarch needs some teeth, as 3 Incubi is not exactly going to saw through anything it touches by themselves. With the idea of giving him a weapon.

I would also note that for the cost of the Trueborn, you could drop them and get Blasters on all of your Warrior squads and also buy another Warrior squad with blasters (and save points even)
That still gives you 4 Blasters on the board, still gives you 4 Venoms, gives you the ability to shoot Blasters at different targets, and doesn't allow your opponent to blow up one unit to kill all your Blasters. Also +2 Obj.Sec units is never a bad thing Wink

I am too lazy to crunch the points, but I would also vaguely lean towards getting lances on the Razorwing (I feel like the Trueborn switch ought to afford that, but can't recall what the upgrade cost for them is off the top of my head, it's 2pts yeah?) unless your local meta is very infantry heavy. Your army looks a little too good at killing infantry and a little soft at busting open vehicles.
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: First 7th Edition Competitive 1500pt list - need help with remaining upgrade points!   First 7th Edition Competitive 1500pt list - need help with remaining upgrade points! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08 2015, 21:21

Thanks for everyone's input. How about this new list?
I can't actually run 5 more warriors. I don't have the models. This has more AT:

Haemonculus: Scissorhand

5 Kabalite Warriors: blaster
• Venom: splinter cannon

3 Incubi

Razorwing Jetfighter: two dark lances
6 Reavers: 2× cluster caltrops; Arena Champion
5 Scourges: 4× haywire blaster

Ravager: 3× dark lance

Autarch: Shard of Anaris; Banshee mask

3 Windriders

Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First 7th Edition Competitive 1500pt list - need help with remaining upgrade points!   First 7th Edition Competitive 1500pt list - need help with remaining upgrade points! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First 7th Edition Competitive 1500pt list - need help with remaining upgrade points!
Page 1 of 1