THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Stormfiends for Talos?

Go down 
+11
Count Adhemar
PartridgeKing
nexs
clively
Elzadar
Barnie25
Devilish
Rokuro
Slaven
barenone
Grub
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grub
Wych
Grub

Stormfiends for Talos? Empty
PostSubject: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 09:45

Looking at the new stormfiends, I find myself thinking these could be a nice talos substitute:

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Skaven-Stormfiends?_requestid=7527600

Anybody think that with a bit of work they could make for a nice Talos squad? They look a little to armoured for Grots but I'm not sure on the size? Any opinion's?

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 13:18

From what i understand they are huge models, way bigger then a talos.
Back to top Go down
Slaven
Slave
Slaven

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 14:21

Those are supposed to be 50mm bases, so they are a bit big. I haven't seen one in person, though, and there's a chance they are close to the Talos in size. The pictures with them next to other miniatures leads me to believe they are probably pretty close.
Back to top Go down
http://battletavern.blogspot.com/
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 14:30

http://spikeybitsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Copy-of-stromfiends-01.jpg

From this that I just found it could be reasonable. Plus 3 for £40 is not terrible if they can be utilised as talos perhaps. I think they might fit an "upgraded" grotesque fluff?

Also, on a practical note, the talos base is about 60mm diameter right, so a 50mm base isn't too much difference?

Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 19:27

I agree. After taking a closer look at the Stormfiends, I find them too heavily armored to be Grotesques. Using them as Taloi seems reasonable though.
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 19:40

They look more of the same size as regular ratogres.

With the armour and guns they'd make quite sweet looking wraithguards/blades with a coven touch.
Back to top Go down
Barnie25
Slave
Barnie25

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 20:26

I think I might buy a talos box and these models. I will use the stormfiends as talos while the other box I will build a Cronos. With the Talos bits from the Cronos box you can probably make some nice conversions. I rather like them as being monstrous infantry models.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 00:53

damn it, you guys are tempting me to buy a Corpsethief Claw formation

clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 01:47

I admit the first thig I thought when I saw those models was "Talos". Just need a different head...

Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 02:04

I haven't seen these in person yet, but I imagine that they are roughly the size of the new Doombull kit.
I'd be more inclined to use them as grotesques than a talos

Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 08:20

I have a box on order specifically for my Agony Engines project, still yet to entirely work out how they're going to get used but I'd quite enjoy turning up to the next game I play against my opponents who know me to have gunboat raiders supported by various others and instead use a Corpsethief Claw and a Dark Artisan, if only for the look on their faces.

A stitch in time, saves nine.

---

The Templar & The Alien - Battle Report

---

No Rest for the Wicked, a UK based Warhammer 40,000 LARP
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 09:19

PartridgeKing wrote:
I have a box on order specifically for my Agony Engines project

When they arrive, any chance you could post some pics to give us an idea of scale. I'd love to use them as Grots but worry they are too large.

PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 09:37

Of course, happy to do so. And the good news on that front is I found my camera again so the photos might be alright too.

---

---

Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 09:40

Yes some pictures would be amazing. If you could put them next to other dark eldar models that would be sublime!

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 09:44

PartridgeKing wrote:
Of course, happy to do so. And the good news on that front is I found my camera again so the photos might be alright too.

Thank you

DrakeHarkonnen
Hellion
DrakeHarkonnen

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25 2015, 21:36

i just purchased two boxes to use as grotesques, have not assembled them yet but on sprue they look to be rat ogre size
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26 2015, 06:00

I have my corpsethief claw formation XD

Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26 2015, 08:10

Waiting for my local games store to get their delivery in. Who know's hopefully I can pick it up today or tomorrow at the latest.

---

---

Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2015, 17:25

Seconding DrakeHarkonnen the Stormfiends - having now appeared - are indeed roughly rat ogre sized, photos below:

Compared to a plastic Wrack
Stormfiends for Talos? P1300010

Compared to the bombers cradle from a Voidraven
Stormfiends for Talos? P1300011

Compared to a Kabalite Warrior
Stormfiends for Talos? P1300012

And compared to a Kabalite Warrior standing up - the only addition to it's height would be its feet
Stormfiends for Talos? P1300013

---

---

Back to top Go down
Barnie25
Slave
Barnie25

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2015, 18:34

Wow, great job. I have to admit that they are quite bulky. If you add cronos bits it could probably work as a Talos. The biggest difference is that the Talos is on a fly base which makes him quite a bit higher but not necessarily bigger. Would the fact that these are footloggers count as modelling for advantage?
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2015, 19:33

Barnie25 wrote:
Wow, great job. I have to admit that they are quite bulky. If you add cronos bits it could probably work as a Talos. The biggest difference is that the Talos is on a fly base which makes him quite a bit higher but not necessarily bigger. Would the fact that these are footloggers count as modelling for advantage?

No, because they don't have any rules that say they are floating. So it's not the same as if you build a jetbike without a fly base.
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31 2015, 16:25

PartridgeKing wrote:
Seconding DrakeHarkonnen the Stormfiends - having now appeared - are indeed roughly rat ogre sized, photos below:
Have you assembled them fully yet? Because they look just a tad larger than rat ogres:

Stormfiends for Talos? 10351955_1453673998221339_1406423121016229156_n

Image courtesy of @Hero on Carpe Noctem forums.

Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31 2015, 16:41

Talos it is then, methinks.
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31 2015, 16:44

Wow, no, no I'd not, that's a massive size disparity, apparently rat ogres are much smaller that I'd remembered! Thank's for the comparison Erebus!

---

---

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31 2015, 22:07

@Erebus - any chance you could get a pic of an assembled Stormfiend next to say, a kabalite (or better still a GW Grotesque)? Pwetty pwease!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends for Talos?   Stormfiends for Talos? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stormfiends for Talos?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next