THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Stormfiends as Grotesques?

Go down 
+6
Bugs_N_Orks
Ciirian
PartridgeKing
Erebus
Tengu
Mr_Pink
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr_Pink
Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

Stormfiends as Grotesques?  Empty
PostSubject: Stormfiends as Grotesques?    Stormfiends as Grotesques?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31 2015, 18:56

Howdy Dark kids!

I was assuming someone would have already posted this size comparison, but as no one has, here it is for your viewing and converting pleasure >Smile

Stormfiends as Grotesques?  Img_2012

And here are some individual comparisons of my other favourite grotesque stand ins:

Stormfiends as Grotesques?  Img_2014
Stormfiends as Grotesques?  Img_2015
Stormfiends as Grotesques?  Img_2016

I'm sorry I can't show a size comparison against an actual grotesque, but--let's be honest--no one actually OWNS those models anyway as they are afronts to our dear Lord and saviour, Jes Goodwin.

By my eyes, they are a little large for your usual Grotesques, perhaps better suited for squad leaders or for the suped-up grots from the grotesquerie formation.

Alternatively, you could press them into service as a kick-ass basis for Ho rrific pain engines of your own devising! (which is what I'll be doing!)

Stormfiends as Grotesques?  Img_2017

The models are fantastic, though, and I think any coven would be happy to have them!

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends as Grotesques?    Stormfiends as Grotesques?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31 2015, 19:31

Ive promised not to buy myself anything this month...
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends as Grotesques?    Stormfiends as Grotesques?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31 2015, 20:16

Mr_Pink wrote:
I'm sorry I can't show a size comparison against an actual grotesque, but--let's be honest--no one actually OWNS those models anyway
@Evil Space Elves wants a word with you.

Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends as Grotesques?    Stormfiends as Grotesques?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31 2015, 20:39

Erebus wrote:
Mr_Pink wrote:
I'm sorry I can't show a size comparison against an actual grotesque, but--let's be honest--no one actually OWNS those models anyway
@Evil Space Elves wants a word with you.

Dude is a great painter, but I guess there's no accounting for his taste in models Wink

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends as Grotesques?    Stormfiends as Grotesques?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31 2015, 22:36

*chuckle* I may actually own one of them too... for posterity and/or completeness, but own it I do, and there were many sacrifices to the great god Goodwin in penance.

I look forward to seeing what you do with these as Pain Engines, I'm still planning exactly how to use the base models for mine, though the bits and pieces are far too useful for too many things.

A stitch in time, saves nine.

---

The Templar & The Alien - Battle Report

---

No Rest for the Wicked, a UK based Warhammer 40,000 LARP
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends as Grotesques?    Stormfiends as Grotesques?  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01 2015, 02:19

I think they look awesome as Grots. When I am beter off with money I might buy a box of Stormfiends. Thanks for making the post.
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends as Grotesques?    Stormfiends as Grotesques?  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01 2015, 23:10

Thanks for posting this. I too am planning on using them for something other than a grotesque, and from the pics online I wasn't sure they'd be big enough. Looks they'll work just fine though, which is awesome since they look like quite nice models. How pose-able are they? (I assume not very from the looks of the sprue)
Back to top Go down
Khalyxidae hybristoma
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends as Grotesques?    Stormfiends as Grotesques?  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02 2015, 21:11

Thanks Mr. Pink! I've been wondering this myself. I really dig these fiends. I'll probably use the more heavily armored one as a pain engine base and the other two as abberations.

I'd like to ask what the base model is for the one really thin dude with the ichor injector? All they way to the right on the initial lineup? That guy looks like a really great grot base.
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends as Grotesques?    Stormfiends as Grotesques?  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02 2015, 21:33

Look, Its next month now...I am weakening...
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends as Grotesques?    Stormfiends as Grotesques?  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02 2015, 21:48

Khalyxidae hybristoma wrote:
I'd like to ask what the base model is for the one really thin dude with the ichor injector? All they way to the right on the initial lineup? That guy looks like a really great grot base.

It's called a Bio-Terror and was made by Paulson Games as a Grot substitute (might have been released before grots had official models actually). Unfortunately they've been OOP for a good couple years now so are pretty tricky to find.
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends as Grotesques?    Stormfiends as Grotesques?  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16 2015, 21:49

How big are they compared to the plastic minotaurs?

and how tall in mm?

Im thinking the minotaurs might make great grots as they are seriously overmuscled
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends as Grotesques?    Stormfiends as Grotesques?  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17 2015, 10:45

They do look like they'd make fantastica Grots.
Does anyone know how they compare to actual Grots?

http://www.escelionfilms.com
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends as Grotesques?    Stormfiends as Grotesques?  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17 2015, 12:57

Squidmaster wrote:
They do look like they'd make fantastica Grots.
Does anyone know how they compare to actual Grots?

The official Grot model is ever so slightly shorter than the Crypt Horror used in the comparison above, and the Stormfiend is already good head taller than the Horror. The height difference between a Stormfiend and a Grot would verge on almost two heads.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends as Grotesques?    Stormfiends as Grotesques?  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17 2015, 19:59

I have a Minotaur as an abberition, and my normal grots are rat ogres and vargheist/crypt fiends. The Minotaur is a couple of heads taller than the other two.
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends as Grotesques?    Stormfiends as Grotesques?  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21 2015, 05:01

They really are fantastic models. Here's a preview of what my 6 stormfiends are turning into (any guesses on the name?):

Stormfiends as Grotesques?  Fullsi11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiends as Grotesques?    Stormfiends as Grotesques?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stormfiends as Grotesques?
Page 1 of 1