THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tips for the following Army Lists, C&C please

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dracon Zobel
Slave
Dracon Zobel

Tips for the following Army Lists, C&C please Empty
PostSubject: Tips for the following Army Lists, C&C please   Tips for the following Army Lists, C&C please I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03 2015, 02:45

OK so I have made another post about how to defeat Basilisks in my friends IG army, thank you for the advice by the way, but now I need your help again Commanders of the True Kin. So my friend plays Ultramarines or Angels Revenant, but it doesn't matter because they're pretty much the same, anyway getting back to the point I need help against his army. Here's his army list:

HQ- Librarian in Terminator armor, Mastery 2, combi-plasma pistol, Melta bombs, Teleport Homer
       - Lord Commander Devin(he's a custom model worth 300 points) he wouldnt tell me the exacts
   Elites- 5 Sternguard Veterans with 2 combi-plasmas, 2 combi-meltas, Sergeant has storm bolter melta bombs and           power fist
       - 5 man Terminator assault squad with thunder hammers and storm shields
       - 10 Terminators with 2 assault cannons, and 8 storm bolters all with chain fists
 Troops- 10 man Tac squad 1 grav gun, 1 missile launcher, and the sergeant has a force sword and a plasma pistol
       - 10 man tac 1 missile launcher, 1 flamer, sergeant has plasma pistol and chain sword
       - 5 man tac squad 1 plasma gun, sergeant has chain sword and plasma pistol
Vehicles- 3 rhinos
       - 1 razorback
       - Land-raider crusader

And now for THE KABAL OF THE BURNING TOWER

HQ- Archon,Kabalite Armour, Husk Blade, Blast Pistol, Clone Field =, Haywire Grenades, Phantasm Grenade Launcher,             Soul Trap, Webway Portal ( If anyone could help me                  choosing the arcane wargear, that would be very apreciated)
            - Urien Rakarth
      Elites- 5 Incubi,Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain
            - 4 Wracks, Gnarlskin, Feel No Pain, Night Vision, Power from Pain, Acothyst has Scissorhand, and Stinger pistol
      Troops- 10 Kabalite Warriors Syrabite has Agoniser, Blast pistol, and Haywire grendaes, Dark Lance for Heavy Weapon, and Blaster for Special weapon
            - 10 Kabalite Warriors Syrabite has Power Sword, Splinter Pistol, Haywire Grenades, and           Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter cannon, and Shredder
            - 10 Wyches Hekatrix has Agoniser, Splinter Pistol, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Haywire Grenades, Wych with Wych Weapon has plasma grenades and two hydra gauntlets
 Fast Attack- Raider with Disintergrator cannon, chain snares, enhanced aethersails, Grisly trophies, nightshield, shock prow, splinter racks, and torment grenade launcher
            - 2x Razorwings  Dissies and splinter cannon, and 4 monoscythe missiles
Heavy Support- Ravager 2x dark lances, Disintergrator, chain snares, enhanced aethersails, grisly trophies, night shield, shock prow, splinter racks, torment grenade launcher
            - Reaper chain-snares, enhanced Aethersails, Grisly Trophies, night shield, shock prow, splinter racks, torment grenade launcher
            - Voidraven 4x implosion missiles, night shield, two void lances

I should mention I am fairly new to Dark Eldar, and only have a squad of Warriors and an Archon. This is just a plan for what I hope to get for my army.
Back to top Go down
fredpower
Hellion
fredpower

PostSubject: Re: Tips for the following Army Lists, C&C please   Tips for the following Army Lists, C&C please I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03 2015, 19:36

sry to say but your list need much to be worked
first lose all the characters from kabalites and lose the wyche but if you want then you need the Hekatrix (for my experience the wyches dont work well)
why im say to lose the characters they are expensive and not worth manly the Phantasm Grenade Launcher (this normaly only works againts xenos)
your vehicles are expensive keep them cheap just with you really need like for the kabalites you only need the racks and nightsheild. and i assume that the kabalites are in raiders and the wyches too.
you lack off fire power to take tanks 5 lance shots you will need 3 turns to take a 12av vehicle and if you dont need jink or both o them stay alive. you need at least 10-15 shoot off dark light. you cant let the marines come to you easy on their full force.

voidraven is to damm expensive and for me it work better with the darksyth the blast option fr the voidlance.
sry to say you least need to be fully changed.
sry for my english
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Tips for the following Army Lists, C&C please   Tips for the following Army Lists, C&C please I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03 2015, 20:02

Dracon Zobel wrote:
     HQ- Librarian in Terminator armor, Mastery 2, combi-plasma pistol, Melta bombs, Teleport Homer
       - Lord Commander Devin(he's a custom model worth 300 points) he wouldnt tell me the exacts
   Elites- 5 Sternguard Veterans with 2 combi-plasmas, 2 combi-meltas, Sergeant has storm bolter melta bombs and           power fist
       - 5 man Terminator assault squad with thunder hammers and storm shields
       - 10 Terminators with 2 assault cannons, and 8 storm bolters all with chain fists
 Troops- 10 man Tac squad 1 grav gun, 1 missile launcher, and the sergeant has a force sword and a plasma pistol
       - 10 man tac 1 missile launcher, 1 flamer, sergeant has plasma pistol and chain sword
       - 5 man tac squad 1 plasma gun, sergeant has chain sword and plasma pistol
Vehicles- 3 rhinos
       - 1 razorback
       - Land-raider crusader
That's a very basic list - clearly the core threat looks to be Librarian and Termies in the Landraider with the teleport homer built to bum rush up and allow him to port in the Chapter Master with other Termies. So, really, as long as you can kill a Landraider and Termies you'll do fine.

Dracon Zobel wrote:
HQ- Archon,Kabalite Armour, Husk Blade, Blast Pistol, Clone Field =, Haywire Grenades, Phantasm Grenade Launcher,             Soul Trap, Webway Portal ( If anyone could help me                  choosing the arcane wargear, that would be very apreciated)
In a competitive sense this is a bad build, and even if your goal is to have fun and have your tooled up HQ smash face with his tooled up HQ this is a bad build because he'll still get 2+ armor saves versus your Huskblade, and you'll be taking 4++ saves and probably risking Instant Death on any fail. I would strongly advocate you considering what a Succubus could do for you.

Also, as noted by my colleague above, the Phantasm Grenades will do nothing against Marines.

Dracon Zobel wrote:
             - Urien Rakarth
Urien is not bad, though if you're bringing him, and Wracks, I would suggest maybe floating in an additional Coven unit and choosing to run them as a detachment from the Coven supplement - it will make them all better. The Incubi becoming Grotesques would be an easy switch, and quite a bit more potent...albeit not as good specifically versus Termies.

Dracon Zobel wrote:
       Elites- 5 Incubi,Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain
These are okay.

Dracon Zobel wrote:
             - 4 Wracks, Gnarlskin, Feel No Pain, Night Vision, Power from Pain, Acothyst has Scissorhand, and Stinger pistol
On the Acothyst - I'd sack the stinger pistol happily.

Dracon Zobel wrote:
       Troops- 10 Kabalite Warriors Syrabite has Agoniser, Blast pistol, and Haywire grendaes, Dark Lance for Heavy Weapon, and Blaster for Special weapon
            - 10 Kabalite Warriors Syrabite has Power Sword, Splinter Pistol, Haywire Grenades, and           Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter cannon, and Shredder
Waaaay too many upgrades on the Sarges here - you're just bleeding away points for things you will probably never use, or only use once, in any given game.

Dracon Zobel wrote:
             - 10 Wyches Hekatrix has Agoniser, Splinter Pistol, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Haywire Grenades, Wych with Wych Weapon has plasma grenades and two hydra gauntlets
 Fast Attack- Raider with Disintergrator cannon, chain snares, enhanced aethersails, Grisly trophies, nightshield, shock prow, splinter racks, and torment grenade launcher
I'm combinging the Raider in here because...it's your only transport. I get the DL Warrior squad is walking, the Incubi are with the Archon for the WWP, yeah? So...who gets the Raider? Urien and the Wracks? Teh Wyches? The odd pseudo assault Warrior squad? You need more mech - I'd be sacking random upgrades to buy vehicles.

The Raider is grossly over upgraded.
The PGL on the Wyches is of no use to you at all.

Dracon Zobel wrote:
             - 2x Razorwings  Dissies and splinter cannon, and 4 monoscythe missiles
I actually like this build.

Dracon Zobel wrote:
Heavy Support- Ravager 2x dark lances, Disintergrator, chain snares, enhanced aethersails, grisly trophies, night shield, shock prow, splinter racks, torment grenade launcher
As I've said, waaaay too many upgrades. A Ravager needs no chain snares, or grisly trophies - A ravager is hanging back and shooting.

Dracon Zobel wrote:
             - Reaper chain-snares, enhanced Aethersails, Grisly Trophies, night shield, shock prow, splinter racks, torment grenade launcher
Too many upgrades that are of no help.

Dracon Zobel wrote:
             - Voidraven 4x implosion missiles, night shield, two void lances
This is an okay build, though I find the Voidraven a suboptimal choice.

Overall what I see here is an army that has about 500 points of useless upgrades - you shouldn't do that because it's like bringing a 1250 army to fight an 1850 army - it's not going to end well.

I also think you have too much footslogging, and also really have no tools to particularly stop the Landraider from going wherever it feels like going. Like, I think the Voidraven and the 4 or so Haywire grenades scattered around your army are the only things that can hurt it - oh, and the Reaper. So, basically, two units plus some random assault options - that's not good for a vehicle you'll want to kill Turn 1.

I think you would benefit from dropping the Voidraven, and a lot of those upgrades, and buying some Raiders/Venoms for your units. That will increase your mobility, drastically increase your firepower, and also give you more tools to mess up his mech before it starts stomping you.

Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Tips for the following Army Lists, C&C please   Tips for the following Army Lists, C&C please I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 09:52

Please do not double post but use edit function instead ///Vasara

And you should erase all choises that are listed in the original entry in the codex for easier read of army list here in TDC. List only changes from basic wargear.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips for the following Army Lists, C&C please   Tips for the following Army Lists, C&C please I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips for the following Army Lists, C&C please
Page 1 of 1