THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Army Lists: Do you scale up?

Go down 
+3
DominicJ
Mngwa
Sky Serpent
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Army Lists: Do you scale up? Empty
PostSubject: Army Lists: Do you scale up?   Army Lists: Do you scale up? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 07:37

For the past year or so I have been designing Dark Eldar lists that scale up, the idea being that if I have a pick up game then no matter what the point total my opponent suggests, I can pull out my army. I have lists for 1500, 1750, 1850 and 2000 and it all fits in one case.

This was a good idea until I started working more on my 1850, that 350 really changes an army and allows choices which just don't fit into 1500. I then made an 1850 list but found it didn't scale back down to 1500.

Am I alone in thinking about doing this?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists: Do you scale up?   Army Lists: Do you scale up? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 11:42

If you mean for example that "every 500 points means +1 raider, +1 kabalite squad, +2 venoms..." or something like that, no I havent thought of it. Not sure if there could be any good measure for it, but maybe it could work?
Rather to just plan different point armies, I think.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists: Do you scale up?   Army Lists: Do you scale up? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 12:56

Yes and no
you can't just add three fifty, but you can use most of a 1500 in an 1850

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists: Do you scale up?   Army Lists: Do you scale up? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 13:41

To be honest, I've never been able to pull the modular army list off. I tend to bring very different lists for each of the point totals. The core 1,000pts may be similar in all of them, but I tend to take the next 500/750/850/whatever points very differently. Then again, my regular opponents say that I never take the same list twice, win or lose Razz

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists: Do you scale up?   Army Lists: Do you scale up? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 14:04

playing Mush at 1.5k from my normal 1850~2k limit has really shown me the limitations of lists. At 1.5k you just dont have enough points to pull some of the shenannigans you can at higher levels. So making a modular lists causes problems as its tough because of how many new things you have to watch out for as the points level increases...

That being said, De is probably the easiest to do it with, due to the nature of venomspam...

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Irakunar Thrax
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists: Do you scale up?   Army Lists: Do you scale up? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 15:51

Well, i have tried, but whenever i hit above 1750, it becomes a bit weird with the scaling. Doesn't really matter which army i make lists for, but around everything above that opens up for entirely different synergies and such.I guess that as they say, is that.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists: Do you scale up?   Army Lists: Do you scale up? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 17:32

Wanna know something funny?
Dark Eldar is probably THE army that scales down the best. The only other army that I can say does that on a competitive level is IG.

My change from 1500 --> 1750 is just filling out more guys for my poison gunships + add 1x blasterborn unit in a Venom. From 1750 to 1850, I just add another Succubus. From 1850 to 2000, I add another blasterborn unit.

Truth be told, I have 6 Raiders, 2 Ravagers and 1 Voidraven at 1500, +1 Venom at 1750, +2x Venoms at 2000. That's it Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists: Do you scale up?   Army Lists: Do you scale up? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Army Lists: Do you scale up?
Page 1 of 1