THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar vs AM (Mech List) 1500 pts.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Razorfate
Kabalite Warrior

Dark Eldar vs AM (Mech List) 1500 pts. Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar vs AM (Mech List) 1500 pts.   Dark Eldar vs AM (Mech List) 1500 pts. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03 2015, 15:29

One of my friends recently built an huge Astra Militarum army and i am new to the dark eldar way so we decided to play a test game to see our weak and strong points.
I completely forgot to take photos, but promise to take at my future matches.
And finally sorry for my bad english.

Astra Militarum Army:
HQ:
Tank Commander Squadron consisting of
1x Tank Commander Pask in Leman Russ Punisher
2 x Leman Russ Vanquisher
Troops:
2 x 10 Veterans with 2 Grenade Launchers in Chimeras with camo nets.
1 veteran squad deployed inside Valkyrie
Fast Attack:
1 x Valkyrie
Heavy Support:
2 x Leman Russ Punishers (separate squads)
1 x Leman russ Battle Cannon

Dark Eldar Army
HQ:
Archon with Blaster, WWP
Elites:
Trueborn Squad x 4 Blasters, 1 Dracon with HWG in Raider with Dark Lance and Night Shield
Troops:
3 x 5 Kabalites with 1 Blaster in Venoms (2 x SC)
Heavy Support:
3 x Ravagers with triple Dark Lances
Eldar Allied Detachment
HQ:
Autarch with Mantle of the LG, Fusion Gun, Laser Lance, Eldar Jet Bike
Troops:
1 x Wind Rider Jet Bike Squad
Heavy Support:
1 x Wraith Knight
Deployment: Hammer And Anvil
Mission : Kill Points
Night Fight: No, but I rolled night attacker as warlord trait and chose night fight anyway
First turn : Dark Eldar

Terrain:
We got 1 ruin in each of our deployment zone as well as wooden terrains. In the middle of the table we got 2 LOS blocking buildings (The buildings cannot be entered) as well as 1 more ruins for each table half.
Deployment:
Dark Eldar ravagers deploys as forward as possible behind the central ruins to negate the range advantage of the Leman Russ Tanks. Wraithknight and autarch deploy at the ruin in my deployment zone while all other units remain in reserve.
Astra Militarum command Leman Russ squad deploys at the ruin in their deployment zone while the battle cannon Leman Russ deploys at the woods gaining 5+ cover save. The veteran squads in chimeras deploys in each side of their deployment zone. Two punisher Leman Russ battle tanks and Valkyrie

First Turn:
All three Dark Eldar Ravagers turbo boosts to hide behind LOS blocking buildings while the Wraithknight jumps behind the central ruins. The jet bike autarch hides behind LOS either. Wraith knight explodes one of the chimeras with a lucky shot. 3 guardsmen dies at the explosion. They lost their nerve and escaped the destruction.
Astra Militarum forces does not move and stay in their positions except the remaining chimera which moves forward 12” to enter the middle of the board. Chimera snap shots and does not hit anything. The running guardsmen pass their ld test and stayed still

Second Turn:
The trueborn squad deployed in night shielded raider with Autarch deeps strikes behind ruins in the center 31” away from Pask and his fearsome rending punisher cannon. They are 18” away from the battle cannon Leman Russ hiding inside the woods. Two other kabalite squads in venoms deep strikes in the middle of the enemy deployment zone without any mishaps. The wind rider squad comes from reserve and turbo boosts to deploy behind LOS blocking building.
2 of the ravagers moves in front of LOS blocking buildings to take shots at various Leman Russ tanks and move near the autarch’s raider. They all get ruin cover save.
The Wraithknight jump forward 12” to shoot at the Leman Russ tank squadron. The autarch moves near the remaining chimera to fire with his fusion gun. The third ravager stays behind the LOS blocking building as well to shoot at the chimera.
The combined shooting from the 2 ravagers, kabalite squads and the trueborn squad explodes the battle cannon Leman Russ, while the tank commander squadron takes 1 hull damage. On the other side the Wraithknight and the ravager explodes the other chimera. The remaining troop squad from the first exploding chimera was gunned down by the deep striking venoms. Only their sergeant lives and passes his ld test.
The reserved Punisher Leman Russ Tanks enters the fray from their board edge while the Valkyrie pilot is still on the way to the battle. The vanquisher cannons from the command squad takes two hull points from the jinking trueborn raider and stunned it but fail to destroy it. While the punisher cannons from the Pask and two other Leman Russ tanks destroys two venoms and forces one of the ravagers to jink. The remaining sergeant hides behind Pask’s Punisher to stay out of LOS.

Third Turn:
The remaining venom deep strikes near other destroyed venoms.
The jinking ravager escapes behind LOS blocking terrain. The other ravager and the trueborn squad destroys the rightmost punisher battle cannon. The blasters of the kabalite squad from the destroyed venoms shoots at the other punisher Leman Russ tank but fails to hit. The remaining kabalite squad that has come from reserve this turn shoots at the Leman Russ, hits, penetrates and explodes the tank with one lucky shot. The third remaining ravager staying behind LOS blocking terrain and the Wraithknight pot shots at the command squadron but fails to do any damage. The autarch and the wind rider squad harass the veterans from the exploding chimera, diminishing their numbers.
Valkyrie flies into the table and shoots at the ravager. The ravager jinks and does not suffer any damage. Pask punishes the venom squad that had exploded the Punisher tank with one shot and destroys the venom and pinned the kabalite warriors. The vanquisher cannons fails to do any damage to the trueborn squad’s raider which jinked again.

Fourth turn:
The jinked ravager and the raider escapes behind los blocking terrain. Wraithknight and autarch come near the command squadron. The kabalite squads move apart from each other to suffer less causalities from the large blasts of the Valkyrie’s missiles.
In the shooting phase autarch and the Wraithknight gives 1 more damage to the Vanquisher Leman Russ tank in the command squadron. The windriders kills the last of the veterans from the second chimera. The kabalite warriors gives 1 hull point to the Valkyrie which had not jinked with snap shooting blasters.
In the assault phase Wraithknight assaults the command squad with a 10” charge. Destroys both of the Vanquisher tanks.
As there are no more valid targets in range Pask moves forward from the ruins and cloaks himself with smoke launchers. The Valkyrie hovers and shoots the kabalite warriors with lascannons and missiles but killed only 5 of the kabalite warriors (1 from a squad and 4 from another squad, no blaster wielding kabalite warriors died).

Fifth turn:
The ravagers stays behind Pask’s punisher cannons range, the raider moves 6” forward over the LOS blocking building and Autarch and trueborn squad move further 6” away from the raider to enter the blaster range to shoot at the hovering Valkyrie. The blaster wielding kabalite squads move near the Valkyrie too. The wraith knight and autarch moves near Pask.
The combined fire from the kabalite squads destroys the Valkyrie. The Wraithknight charges and destroys Pask while the autarch fails to destroy the veteran sergeant who was the Last Man Standing in the entire Astra Militarum Force.

The result: 11- 3 Dark Eldar Victory
Back to top Go down
Trollapan
Slave
Trollapan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs AM (Mech List) 1500 pts.   Dark Eldar vs AM (Mech List) 1500 pts. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06 2015, 22:07

Excellent battle report.
Really love the flow of your writing.

A picture of the deployment would be awesome for the next one tho.

Good game and hope for more battle reports soon
Back to top Go down
Razorfate
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs AM (Mech List) 1500 pts.   Dark Eldar vs AM (Mech List) 1500 pts. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2015, 19:51

Thank you very much, I hope not to forget to take pics of the future batreps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs AM (Mech List) 1500 pts.   Dark Eldar vs AM (Mech List) 1500 pts. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1