THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New 1000 point army

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Calith
Slave
Calith

New 1000 point army Empty
PostSubject: New 1000 point army   New 1000 point army I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26 2015, 22:07

Hey guys, just put together my first 1000 point list, its just going to be used with friends mainly against space marine, eldar and imperial guard, any tips or suggestions would be great.

Archon, Huskblade, Shadowfield, soul trap, haywire grenade , webway portal ---175
3 incubi, 1 klaivex with Demiklaives ----105
Venom dual splinter cannon --- 65
10 kabalite warriors, with splinter cannon ----95
Raider Dark Lance, splinter racks and night shields ------90
10 kabalite warriors, with splinter cannon ----95
Raider Dark Lance, splinter racks and night shields ------90
5 scourges 4 with haywire blasters -----120
Razorwing Jetfighter, 2 dark lances, splinter cannon, Nightshields, Necrotoxin Missiles-----165
1000 points

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: New 1000 point army   New 1000 point army I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27 2015, 01:20

Here's my two cents. Please note that I've only played a Coven army in the current rules, so all of my opinions are based on theory rather than personal experience.

I don't think splinter cannons are cost effective on splinter rack gun boats. Assuming the Raider moves, you're getting four shots at 18" for one point less than three guys with splinter rifles, who get six shots at 12", and three shots at 24". I think you'd be better of with a blaster or just a splinter rifle.

You're currently spending 370 points on two units of Kabalites in Raiders: ten guys and two transports. Three five-strong units of Kabalites, with blasters, in Raiders with dark lances is 345 points: fifteen guys and three transports.

Webway portaling in an assault unit effectively will be trickier than portaling a shooting unit. That doesn't mean you're wrong to do so.

Under most circumstances, an agonizer is an arguably better choice than a huskblade, because the agonizer compensates for the Archon's low strength. It even works with the soultrap, because with poison if you'd need less than the poison rating to wound, you roll that, and get a reroll if you fail.

I think that if your Incubi are in a situation where you'd want to use demiklaives, then they are not where you want them to be, and the demiklaives probably won't be enough to help.

Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New 1000 point army   New 1000 point army I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27 2015, 21:57

Calyptra is spot on. Just to agree and add a few more ideas: against who you will be playing most, using the standard monoscyth missiles will serve you better on the razorwing. Deepstriking assault units can work, however, usually its better to start them on the board. (In my experience)Venoms for your troops may be better but I like the gun boats with splinter racks, just a personal preference. Nightshileds are nice on them but it does make them expensive, especially at 1000pts. Lastly, you have 8 anti tank guns. The 2 on the raiders will be jinking a lot, the 2 on the razorwing might not come on to the board till later in the game, and the haywire blasters have a limited range (unless you deep strike them too) I guess my point is, a ravager or 2 at this point level could really help you out

Here's an example of a list with some changes:

Keep your archon (minus the wwp) and incubi, put them into a raider with sails to get them down the field turn 1.
Keep the Scourges
Keep the a razorwing but get rid of the DL and add splinter cannons. Make it a dedicated anti infantry.
Instead of using gun boat warriors, try 2 warriors of 5 in venoms with cannons.
Now you have 10 anti tank guns with more range and durability. You could even drop the klaivex and add blasters to your warriors for a total of 12 antitank. I think this list still accomplishes what you want with a little more efficiency. Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 1000 point army   New 1000 point army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New 1000 point army
Page 1 of 1