THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

This idea has been scrapped.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xelkireth
In Exile

This idea has been scrapped. Empty
PostSubject: This idea has been scrapped.   This idea has been scrapped. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2011, 09:24

This idea has been scrapped. Please delete me.

Last edited by Xelkireth on Mon May 30 2011, 07:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: This idea has been scrapped.   This idea has been scrapped. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2011, 09:40

Seems ok, though I get a tiny feeling these are mainly trueborn mandrakes and not much more. Think they should have something a bit more unique (suppose that could be that they have scout, though).

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: This idea has been scrapped.   This idea has been scrapped. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2011, 10:03

I didn't want to go over the top with custom rules and what not. I wanted something I could actually field in Apocalypse with my local club. I also didn't want something that was super expensive point-wise, or something that broke my Kabal loving ways.

**EDIT**
And Mandrakes were a huge let down, as were Trueborn. So I fixed both let downs with one custom set.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: This idea has been scrapped.   This idea has been scrapped. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2011, 10:14

Quote :
And Mandrakes were a huge let down, as were Trueborn. So I fixed both let downs with one custom set.
I can understand that, especially in the Mandrake case. Trueborn on the other hand seems like a popular choice and I do quite like what I'm seeing in them, do they need more rules?

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: This idea has been scrapped.   This idea has been scrapped. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2011, 10:27

Saintspirit wrote:
Quote :
I can understand that, especially in the Mandrake case. Trueborn on the other hand seems like a popular choice and I do quite like what I'm seeing in them, do they need more rules?
I think they should look like what I've written. Melee options or shooting options. I understand that's what wyches are for, but I wanted something a little more. Like Delta Force style Trueborn.
Back to top Go down
Krovin-Rezh
Kabalite Warrior
Krovin-Rezh

PostSubject: Re: This idea has been scrapped.   This idea has been scrapped. I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 07:37

It is a bit OTT, honestly. A squad of ten blasters that can infiltrate with stealth should not be available, no matter what it costs.

It seems like Mandrakes are what you're looking for, but those disappointed a lot of people. I will say that DE use a versatile scout unit, just not one this powerful.

Lose the stealth and reduce the number of guns down to the already great standard set by Trueborn, and you've got a good unit. The venom blade option is nice. Power weapons are not really a needed option, since its a choice between a 28-point Wraith or an Incubus.

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: This idea has been scrapped.   This idea has been scrapped. I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 08:00

Krovin-Rezh wrote:
It is a bit OTT, honestly. A squad of ten blasters that can infiltrate with stealth should not be available, no matter what it costs.

It seems like Mandrakes are what you're looking for, but those disappointed a lot of people. I will say that DE use a versatile scout unit, just not one this powerful.

Lose the stealth and reduce the number of guns down to the already great standard set by Trueborn, and you've got a good unit. The venom blade option is nice. Power weapons are not really a needed option, since its a choice between a 28-point Wraith or an Incubus.
You can only get five. And Chaos Marines can do it, minus the stealth and scout. I was going for an elite feel, like a Dark Eldar version of the Craftworld Rangers.

I want to keep the elite Ranger feel. What would you guys suggest for changes then?
Back to top Go down
Krovin-Rezh
Kabalite Warrior
Krovin-Rezh

PostSubject: Re: This idea has been scrapped.   This idea has been scrapped. I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 10:30

Sorry, I misread that. The weapon options seem fine.

They seem elite enough without being stealthy like Rangers. Trueborn are more like shock troops. They don't care about hiding so much as they care about decimating their targets.

I'm actually surprised they didn't include rangers in our codex. There are many Rangers in Commorragh, according to their description. Perhaps you could design some Dark Rangers using hexrifles?

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: This idea has been scrapped.   This idea has been scrapped. I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 11:11

Krovin-Rezh wrote:
I'm actually surprised they didn't include rangers in our codex. There are many Rangers in Commorragh, according to their description. Perhaps you could design some Dark Rangers using hexrifles?
That sir, is a most excellent idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This idea has been scrapped.   This idea has been scrapped. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This idea has been scrapped.
Page 1 of 1