THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 list Duke Sliscus 2nd attempt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ichiyo1821
Slave

2000 list Duke Sliscus 2nd attempt Empty
PostSubject: 2000 list Duke Sliscus 2nd attempt   2000 list Duke Sliscus 2nd attempt I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07 2011, 09:35

Here's my second attempt at a competitive list. I've considered taking one of the " Blasterborn" out to make way for Trueborn with Shard Carbines in a Raider but I can't seem to let go of my anti-tank options. I've also tried using RJB but for now I can't seem to use them. Also I've been toying with the idea of taking a 5man Scourge Squad in exchange for the Warriors but I fear not having enough troops. I am still really in the dark of the perfect balance of AI and AT... Crying or Very sad that is on top of learning when and how to DS. Is it worth putting the Duke with 8 plain Warriors or is it just a waste? If I do take out one Trueborn, what's my best option in getting back the 3 AT guns I lose?

HQ

Duke Sliscus
Haemonculus, Liquifier Gun

TROOPS
8 Wyches, Hekatrix, Agonizer, Haywire Grenades
Raider Flickerfield, Enhanced Aethesails
8 Warriors, Blaster
Raider Flickerfield
5 Warriors, Blaster
Venom, Extra Splinter Canon

ELITE

3 Trueborn, 3 Blasters
3 Trueborn, 3 Blasters
3 Trueborn, 3 Blasters

HEAVY SUPPORT

Ravager, Flickerfield
Ravager, Flickerfield
Ravager, Flickerfield

Back to top Go down
nalfen
Hellion
nalfen

PostSubject: Re: 2000 list Duke Sliscus 2nd attempt   2000 list Duke Sliscus 2nd attempt I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07 2011, 14:52

Well for starters you have 4 HQ, max is 2 unless this is an Apoc game? Or you could combine the 3 Heami in 1 squad but that leaves you with only 2 Liquifier guns not 3

Bring your trueborn squads to 4 and take the extra blaster, no reason to leave them at only 3 and waste a venom. Otherwise drop one of the squads and bring the 2 other to 4, no reason to waste 146 points for a single blaster and 2 cannons

Drop the aethersails off the raiders and bring down your wyches squads to 7, get another Warrior squad with a blaster with the points

As for balance of AI vs AT depends on what you are playing against not every army goes heavy mech

for the scourges it depends on what you expect out of them i guess.
Back to top Go down
Ichiyo1821
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2000 list Duke Sliscus 2nd attempt   2000 list Duke Sliscus 2nd attempt I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07 2011, 15:13

nalfen wrote:
Well for starters you have 4 HQ, max is 2 unless this is an Apoc game? Or you could combine the 3 Heami in 1 squad but that leaves you with only 2 Liquifier guns not 3

Bring your trueborn squads to 4 and take the extra blaster, no reason to leave them at only 3 and waste a venom. Otherwise drop one of the squads and bring the 2 other to 4, no reason to waste 146 points for a single blaster and 2 cannons

Drop the aethersails off the raiders and bring down your wyches squads to 7, get another Warrior squad with a blaster with the points

As for balance of AI vs AT depends on what you are playing against not every army goes heavy mech

for the scourges it depends on what you expect out of them i guess.

Uhm you can take 3 Haemonculus as 1 HQ choice Naflen and treat them as separate ICs thus 3 Liq.Guns.
I was concerned about not having enough troops thus the 5th troop choice but I'm still pondering on whether I can compensate for it with better tactics.

Aethersails are 5pt.s each, not much I can do there and they have proven to be invaluable against shooty armies with Spearhead missions like my last IG opponent. Didn't matter if he had 3 Hydras, by the time he shot at my Raiders, it didn't matter as I was already in assault range on my turn.

Yeah in short I'm really just asking is the 2 Warrior units are worth it. My Wyches have excelled in all my games either killing infantry or haywiring tanks, I just noticed that my Warriors barely do anything but hold objectives and most of the time they don't even do that as well as I would hope them to. Again I've considered swapping them for Scourges or RJB. Wracks would be nice but their goes the AI vs AT issue... Really stuck in a rut here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 list Duke Sliscus 2nd attempt   2000 list Duke Sliscus 2nd attempt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 list Duke Sliscus 2nd attempt
Page 1 of 1