THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Duke Sliscus. 1500 list

Go down 
+2
Baron Tordeck
MasterofPuppets
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MasterofPuppets
Hellion
MasterofPuppets

Duke Sliscus. 1500 list Empty
PostSubject: Duke Sliscus. 1500 list   Duke Sliscus. 1500 list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2012, 17:30

HQ
Duke Sliscus-150

Elite
9 Trueborn-198
2 Splinter Cannons, Raider, Flickerfield

Troops
10 Warriors-185
Splinter Cannon, Sybarite, Venom Blade, Raider, Flickerfield

10 Warriors-185

10 Warriors-185

8 Wyches-180
Hekatrix, Agoniser, Raider, Flickerfield

Heavy
Ravaged-115
Flickerfield

Ravaged-115
Flickerfield

Razorwing-185
Disintegrator cannons, Splinter Cannon, 4 shatterfield missiles, Flickerfield

My list that I plan on bringing to a 1500 point tournament.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus. 1500 list   Duke Sliscus. 1500 list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2012, 17:56

I would drop the TB unit down to 4 with 2 carbines 2 cannons and put it in a venom. I would use the saved points to get blasters in the warriors squads, and haywire grenades into the wychs. if there are point still remaining i would bump the wychs to ten and get a couple shardnets.

points can also be saved by sticking with the basic missiles on the RZJ. 2 reasons. 1 they are free 2 they are pretty damn good to begin with.
Back to top Go down
MasterofPuppets
Hellion
MasterofPuppets

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus. 1500 list   Duke Sliscus. 1500 list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2012, 18:17

Baron Tordeck wrote:
I would drop the TB unit down to 4 with 2 carbines 2 cannons and put it in a venom. I would use the saved points to get blasters in the warriors squads, and haywire grenades into the wychs. if there are point still remaining i would bump the wychs to ten and get a couple shardnets.

points can also be saved by sticking with the basic missiles on the RZJ. 2 reasons. 1 they are free 2 they are pretty damn good to begin with.

Good idea except, I don't own a single venom. However, dropping the TB down to the build you suggest keeping the raider as is would give the Warrior squads each a blaster and the wyches haywires. Putting the points at 1499. I'm keeping the razorwing as is because it has done wonders in the past.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus. 1500 list   Duke Sliscus. 1500 list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2012, 19:05

if you insist on keeping the missles then drop one wych to get the shardnet. wychs are a great tarpit but they need the tools to do so. especially when you are throwing them vs dreads or termies
Back to top Go down
MasterofPuppets
Hellion
MasterofPuppets

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus. 1500 list   Duke Sliscus. 1500 list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2012, 19:42

Dropped, when I figured the points earlier I forgot the carbine on the Trueborn.
Back to top Go down
callofdoobie
Kabalite Warrior
callofdoobie

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus. 1500 list   Duke Sliscus. 1500 list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2012, 23:12

I would drop the Sybarites and Venomblades for blasters, getting pinned sucks but once your raider is gone the kabalites are pretty screwed anyway, save yourself the points. Another Ravager instead of a razorwing and get the wych squad to 10 and add HWG's. Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus. 1500 list   Duke Sliscus. 1500 list I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 03:23

callofdoobie wrote:
I would drop the Sybarites and Venomblades for blasters, getting pinned sucks but once your raider is gone the kabalites are pretty screwed anyway, save yourself the points.
you know i missed that they were no blasters in those squads the first time i read the list. You are correct that the blaster is a better option than the sybarite w/ vb
Back to top Go down
MasterofPuppets
Hellion
MasterofPuppets

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus. 1500 list   Duke Sliscus. 1500 list I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2012, 21:49

I submitted my list to the organizer of the tournament, it is as follows:

HQ
Duke Sliscus-150

Elite
4 Trueborn-149
2 Shardcarbine, 2 Splinter Cannons, Raider, Flickerfield

Troops
10 Warriors-200
Splinter Cannon, Blaster, Sybarite, Venom Blade, Raider, Flickerfield

10 Warriors-200

10 Warriors-200

8 Wyches-206
Shardnet and Impaler, Haywire grenades, Hekatrix, Agoniser, Raider, Flickerfield

Heavy
Ravaged-115
Flickerfield

Ravaged-115
Flickerfield

Razorwing-165
Disintegrator cannons, Splinter Cannon, Flickerfield

I left the Sybarites with venom blades because it adds fluff to the list and for the leadership. I have a lot of options to handle different opponents. I could do alpha strike thanks to the Duke, reserves, or all on the board...
Back to top Go down
MasterofPuppets
Hellion
MasterofPuppets

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus. 1500 list   Duke Sliscus. 1500 list I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2012, 14:10

OK, I played in the tournament here's the results.

Game one against Grey knights, I tabled them by turn 5

Game 2 against Tyranids, we beat each other tremendously but he won in kill points.

Game 3 against Space Marines, I tried to reserve everything and get alpha strike. Failed, mishapped duke and wyches, destroyed, the rest of may army put up a good fight but it was futile. I was tabled by turn 7.

Game 2 was the most fun, it could have been anyones game the entire time. Anyone who stepped off a raider died!
Back to top Go down
callofdoobie
Kabalite Warrior
callofdoobie

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus. 1500 list   Duke Sliscus. 1500 list I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 02:20

NEVER DEEPSTRIKE DARK ELDAR, NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER........EVER.....

Sry to hear about your tourny endeavor friend, better luck next time.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus. 1500 list   Duke Sliscus. 1500 list I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 03:34

Why not???? I nearly always deep strike half my forces when I run the duke
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Lord Clazaryn
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Clazaryn

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus. 1500 list   Duke Sliscus. 1500 list I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 08:51

I would tend to agree with callofdoobie on this one only because my first and only experience of DE deepstrike resulted with half my army flying off the board. I don't think I rolled one direct hit and i deepstriked at least 10th things. It was rather frustrating and hardly inspiring although I think it might have worked better without my atrocious luck.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus. 1500 list   Duke Sliscus. 1500 list I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 12:54

Without the ability to affect reserve rolls DSing is never a plan for DE. Coming in piece meal is even more dangerous for us as every thing we have is a threat power wise but everything we have is a wet noodle defense wise.
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus. 1500 list   Duke Sliscus. 1500 list I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 18:42

I always deepstrike scourges, and that works well... never really had any major problems with deepstrikes...

Your list is solid, but personally, I would lose a squad of warriors for some blasterborn in a venom (or raider) for a bit more AT, but that's just me as I always have problems killing mech (5 hits from a talos against a deff dread resulted in 2 shaken, 2 stunned and a immob for example...). Possibly try and get some heatlances in there... I've come to love my heatlances...
Back to top Go down
MasterofPuppets
Hellion
MasterofPuppets

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus. 1500 list   Duke Sliscus. 1500 list I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 21:43

I really don't want to field blasterborn, I just don't want to buy the bits or 4 troop boxes to field them. It's not that they aren't effective on the table, it's not cost effective for me to field them when I already have a full squad of Trueborn made with 2 Splinter Cannons and 7 carbine. Besides, I had plenty of AT weapons kicking around, 7 vehicles with dark lances was enough for all the games I played.
Back to top Go down
callofdoobie
Kabalite Warrior
callofdoobie

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus. 1500 list   Duke Sliscus. 1500 list I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2012, 06:07

Baron Tordeck wrote:
Without the ability to affect reserve rolls DSing is never a plan for DE. Coming in piece meal is even more dangerous for us as every thing we have is a threat power wise but everything we have is a wet noodle defense wise.

Hit the nail on the head....

This isn't blood angels were talking about guys. That's the whole reason they let a 150 pt model give your whole army the ability to deepstrike, cause it's not a HUGE advantage to us, I have had decent results with holding things in reserve, but that is the closest I will ever come to deepstriking. Were too fragile to just drop in and be exposed to fire for a full turn, if we were able to outflank that would be a different story(it would also make us severely overpowered lol)
Back to top Go down
MasterofPuppets
Hellion
MasterofPuppets

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus. 1500 list   Duke Sliscus. 1500 list I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2012, 13:24

You're right callofdoobie, it's not a huge advantage and after this past tournie I'm trying to re-think how I operate my list. Game 2 against the tyranids was fine, I only deepstruck 3 raiders and it didn't end in tragedy and the Duke got in close to a Trygon with the Trueborn and did a number on it. He ended up charging the Duke with the Trygon and the Duke showed him how poisoned weapons really work!

I really do love the 2+ to wound and 5+ being power weapons, but I'm really taking a solid look at another character that makes my army fluffy while being hard hitting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus. 1500 list   Duke Sliscus. 1500 list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duke Sliscus. 1500 list
Page 1 of 1