THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sculpting Grotesques - Young Haemonculus needing fleshwork tips!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
solar shock
Hellion

Sculpting Grotesques - Young Haemonculus needing fleshwork tips! Empty
PostSubject: Sculpting Grotesques - Young Haemonculus needing fleshwork tips!   Sculpting Grotesques - Young Haemonculus needing fleshwork tips! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03 2015, 12:22

Hey Guys,

So I started these dudes Sunday Night, First time really trying to sculpt flesh, tried a few approches which i'll explain.
Would love to hear any tips and feedback, having great fun, just harder than I imagined Razz
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments?
I am trying to work in stages; so typically wire frame, skeleton with thin GS work over frame, then some base muscles and flesh, then il add in more rough shapes like with the triplearm dude, before adding some more fleshwork on top.
Any tips on when to incorporate some clothes? I have some saches and like hanging cloth that I want to add, but I dont know whether it should be last? now? or before the final flesh work? I'm struggling with knowing how large the legs will be, so dont want to add it then find my legs too thin. For clarity, the cloth is actual plastic parts, not a GS sculpt.

Grotesque - this dudes carrying 2 wraithblades and a ghostaxe, so he has 3 arms, 2 on one side, one on the other, I will be going for a slimmer grotesque feel with him, a semi slaanesh, quick and deadly feel
I tried two approaches, I initially put muscle blobs onto a wire frame (well a wire frame with a little milliput/gs to make a skeleton), I then sculpted these blobs together, for the other leg I then just used 1 mass of GS and sculpted that into muscle in one go.
Sculpting Grotesques - Young Haemonculus needing fleshwork tips! 691861_sm-Grotesque
Sculpting Grotesques - Young Haemonculus needing fleshwork tips! 691859_sm-Grotesque

Started to rough out his chest muscles.
Sculpting Grotesques - Young Haemonculus needing fleshwork tips! 691860_sm-Grotesque

Sprinter - Going for a running pose, he will have a hulked up left arm with a morghast blade, while the right arm will be some little injectors and claws from a necron spyder
For this guy I used smaller blobs and sculpted those together, reasonably pleased how they turned out.
Sculpting Grotesques - Young Haemonculus needing fleshwork tips! 691857_sm-Grotesque
Sculpting Grotesques - Young Haemonculus needing fleshwork tips! 691858_sm-Grotesque

Goat Leg dude! - simply wanted to try something different
Have done some work on his torso, adding in the starts of his muscles, I think they turned out pretty well.
Sculpting Grotesques - Young Haemonculus needing fleshwork tips! 691855_sm-Grotesque
Sculpting Grotesques - Young Haemonculus needing fleshwork tips! 691856_sm-Grotesque

Dual bodied dude! - So I wanted to do a little more kitbash, as by this point I was at my limits with my patience for sculpting. He's going for a split body feel, with the wrack body and then il sculpt a larger second torso on his left side, using a talos mask as the head.
Sculpting Grotesques - Young Haemonculus needing fleshwork tips! 691853_sm-Grotesque
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

Sculpting Grotesques - Young Haemonculus needing fleshwork tips! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sculpting Grotesques - Young Haemonculus needing fleshwork tips!   Sculpting Grotesques - Young Haemonculus needing fleshwork tips! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03 2015, 15:34

I am truly impressed, those look fantastic!
Back to top Go down

Sculpting Grotesques - Young Haemonculus needing fleshwork tips!
Page 1 of 1