THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tips for Sculpting a few Basic things

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shbur
Hellion
Shbur

Tips for Sculpting a few Basic things Empty
PostSubject: Tips for Sculpting a few Basic things   Tips for Sculpting a few Basic things I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07 2013, 20:52

Hello Lower Commorragh!

I come to you in need of sculpting advise, and with a side question. My Kabal, which is going to be my summer project once I finish this annoyingly large BA commission, is going to be my own beloved dark eldar! I haven't a name yet for their kabal, but it is going to be a desert theme army. Thus, I am sculpting things on my men such as: bandannas, goggles (for the desert storms!), cacti, dust clouds, tumbleweed, etc. I really have very little idea how to sculpt goggles in a good way. I was wondering if you guys had any idea how I can do it, do give them army a consistent goggle model, that looks good. Thanks for any advise.

Onto my sidebar...There was once upon a time, a thread about a 4-Part Guide to sculpting done by a semi-professional sculptor. The guide went over Materials, Tools, Techniques, etc. It was a blogspot site, the owner was Canadian, and he also had a thing for DE, and Tyranids. Does anyone know of this guide, or what happened to it, as I cannot seem to find it. Thanks for any suggestions!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Sculpting a few Basic things   Tips for Sculpting a few Basic things I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07 2013, 21:15

Sidebar - that would be Mr_Pink. He had a thread here for it as well, and his blogspot site is linked in his sig:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2949-how-to-sculpt-a-series
Back to top Go down
Shbur
Hellion
Shbur

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Sculpting a few Basic things   Tips for Sculpting a few Basic things I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08 2013, 03:52

Ooh! Thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink
Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Sculpting a few Basic things   Tips for Sculpting a few Basic things I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2013, 11:57

Sooo...the question you were looking answered was relating to sculpting goggles?

The way I would do it would be to make a band of greenstuff around the models eyes in the rough shape that you would like the goggles to be, then find the end of a a pen (ball point removed) and stamp lenses into the band over the eyes.

Tips for Sculpting a few Basic things DSC_6674_6779

I covered the applicable technique in How to Sculpt 3.

The main challenge will be finding a stamp that is small enough.
NO. WAIT. Scratch that. The biggest challenge is trying. I can give you suggestions all day, but my first suggestion is to get out a model, get out some putty, and actually try something, then post some pictures. I ain't interested in any armchair sculpting Wink
Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Sculpting a few Basic things   Tips for Sculpting a few Basic things I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips for Sculpting a few Basic things
Page 1 of 1