THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT!

Go down 
2 posters

Who Will Win This Match Up?
Yeeman's Dark Eldar
Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT! Voteba1386%Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT! Voteba15
 86% [ 6 ]
Nic's Dark Eldar
Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT! Voteba1314%Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT! Voteba15
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT! Empty
PostSubject: Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT!   Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08 2015, 17:30

So I am sitting at 2-0 with 15/20 total points.  I look at the standings and find myself paired up with the only other Dark Eldar player at the tournament.  Our lists have a lot of similarities, but differ in the sense that I have some C ability and his list relies on shooting.

As a refresher here is the list I am running:

Yeeman's Dark Eldar w/ Eldar Allies

Succubus w/ Glaive, Haywire
x3 Grotesques, Raider
x3 Grotesques, Raider
x5 Warriors, Venom
x5 Warriors, Venom
x5 Warriors, Venom
Razorwing, Lances, Cannon
Razorwing, Lances, Cannon
Raider, lances

Autarch, Fusion, Soulshrive, Banshee Mask
x7 Dragons
x10 Guardians, Lance, Serpent w/ Cannon, Scatter Laser
Wraithknight

My opponent's List!

Nic Rau's Dark Eldar

Succubus, glaive, haywire, Armor of Misery
x5 Warriors, Blaster, Venom
x10 Warriors, Blaster, Raider w/ Racks, Lance, Night Shields
x10 Warriors, Blaster, Raider w/ Racks, Lance, Night Shields
Razorwing Fighter, Lances
Razorwing Fighter, Lances
Raider, Lance, Night Shields
Ravager, Lances, Night Shields
Reaper
Reaper

Autarch, Fusion Gun
x5 Dragons w/ Exarch w/ Fast Shot
x5 Rangers
x2 D-Cannon Artillery

x3 Void Shield Generators

Pre-Game Thoughts:
Wow, that is a pretty solid list!  It has tons of shooting and ways of dealing with anything that is thrown at it.  The Voidshield is something I am not super familiar with but I think it adds some much needed Defense to DE units.
Also seeing some Reapers on the table makes me smile.  I do not rate them very high as they are a single shot weapon.  The large blast is ok, but against me not very useful.  
Whoever has first turn I think will have an advantage as we can blow a lot of each others armies off of the table.  
Overall I don't see too much problems with his list.  We have a lot of the same units, but I think my durability with the Grotesques, Knight, and Serpent will give me an edge.  Also, if I can get the Grotesques in his backfield, they should sweep through swathes of units.  I know Poison negates their T5, but with Cover and FnP and 3 Wounds, they can be a pain to remove.
My Serpent I believe will be key as it can easily remove one of his vehicles a turn. It is resilient against his shooting. I struggle will lots of low AV vehicles as I do not have lots of Anti-Vehicle. CC will be my friend for destroying vehicles as well. If My Wraithknight can live, he can also knock out some vehicles for me, but with all of the Poison, I am sure he will be downed quickly.

Mission: Big Gunz Never Tire
Deployment: Hammer and Anvil
First Turn: Yeeman (Given to me by my opponent!)
Night Fighting: Yes
Warlord Trait: Master of Ambush
Combat Drug: +1 Toughness (Seeing a trend here?)

Please vote on the poll and let me know how you think the game will go!  Also, let me know what you think of my opponent's list and if I will have a difficult time with it.  Look forward to hearing from you guys!
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT!   Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10 2015, 00:17

looking forwards to the repot.

You should put links to your other tournament battle reports

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT!   Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2015, 19:20

Here is a link to Bat Rep 1: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t11641-yeeman-goes-to-battle-for-the-mountain-gt-game-1-posted

Here is a link to Bat Rep #2: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t11744-yeeman-goes-to-battle-for-the-mountain-gt

Alright so going in I know I am still in the running for top bracket.  I have to get through Nic and I am good to go!

Yeeman Turn 1:  I deploy the Serpent and Knight on the line.  I also hide the Venoms around.  They aren't of much use now since my opponent is all mounted up or hidden.  I then Infiltrate the Grotesque boats forward while reserving the Dragons and Fliers.

Movement sees me Flat Out the Raiders and move up both the Knight and Serpent.  I shuffle the Venoms forward.

Shooting sees 2 of the Rangers go down but hold their morale.  I then fire the Serpent at a Venom.  I manage to take down the Void Shields but nothing else.  The Knight shoots at the Venoms but he Jinks it away.

Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT! 156051_654365325851_3779781522623685814_n

You can see the Grotesques in his grill along with the Knight.

Nic Turn 1:  Nic shuffles his units around in preparation for shooting the Grotesques out and the Wraithknight.

Shooting sees him take aim with the D-Cannon artillery at my Knight.  Naturally he rolls a 6 for ID and I fail my 4+ Ruin save and he gets FIRST BLOOD! Not good.

What happen next really came out of nowhere.  My opponent draws a 36'' line from his Reaver and says he hits like 3 of my vehicles in a row.  I was perplexed at what he was doing as I have already informed this guy it didn't work like this in pick games I had seen him play in and then had to break his heart, again and inform him the Reaver does not actually shoot a "Beam."  He argued it did and we called a judge over to which I explained the "Beam" is a firing mode not an actual Beam as Beams are Witchfire Psychic Powers and this weapon is not a Beam.  My opponent then argued that EVERYONE on the internet and that plays Dark Eldar plays it this way and even references this website as saying so.  However, the judge rules in my favor, which is the correct way.  My opponent is obviously angry but, he had been playing it wrong all tournament and even beat his first two opponents with that way of thinking.

Moving on, the rest of his shooting is not effective. He regenerated 2 Void Shields.

Yeeman Turn 2: I have no pictures for this turn so forgive me!

My Dragons and 2 fliers come in. Dragons go to target his Ravager on the left side. The fliers are ready to target his cluster of troops. I disembark both sets of Grotesques. One unit goes after the D-Cannons and the other goes after the cluster of vehicles. My Venoms shuffle around in preparation for blowing guys out of vehicles. Serpent will target cluster of vehicles.

I decide to target the Voidshields with my Dragons as they are the ones with the easiest time to take them down. I also can hit the Ravager, but am out of Melta range. I manage to take down the shields but the Ravager Jinks the other shots away. The Serpent is able to wreck the Venom. My Fliers shooting is ineffective. Venoms take another Ranger out, but again they make morale.

Assault sees the Grotesques make it against the D-Cannons. Grotesques dominate and Rampage (literally) through the D-Cannons and wipe them! The other Grotesques went after the 2 Reapers. Massive whiffs leave 1 Reaper Shaken and the other one Unscathed! Very disappointing!

Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT! 10474057_654365275951_7949567531605905158_n

This shows his fliers on in the next turn but you can see the placement of my units.

So not a terrible turn, but I needed to down more vehicles. He still has a lot of shooting, his own Dragons, and his fliers to come in!

Nic's Turn 2: Both of his fliers come in, but the Dragons stay out. His fliers are ready to blow mine up! He shuffles his vehicles around in preparation to shoot.

Shooting sees his Gunboat and Venom passengers shoot at the Succubus and her squad. He eliminates 2 Grotesques and wounds the 3rd for 2 wounds! They would fail morale and run back! His Reapers would Snapfire at my Venoms but to no effect. His Fliers then would cause both of mine to Jink and one blew a gun off or I should say just a missile. Ravager tried to hit my Dragon Raider but missed.

No Assault on his side.

Yeeman Turn 3: I fly both Fliers off theb oard to come in next turn. Grotesques move up to a Gunboat to assault. Succubus unit rallies. Venoms shuffle. Serpent preps to shoot whatever it can.

Serpent takes down the Void Shields and a Reaper. Shooting sees my Dragons blow up the Ravager. Venoms take down some of the loose Warriors around. The Gunboat raider lives through a Lance and Haywire Grenade.

CC sees the Grotesques charge, lose 1 in Overwatch but blow the Raider! They lose 5 in the explosion, fail morale and fall off the board!

This turn was pretty eventful. Downing a Reaper, Gunboat, and Ravager were huge. I still have quite a bit of firepower while my opponents' is dwindling fast. His fliers however could prove to be painful.

Nic Turn 4: Dragons come on and land on the Relic. They get out to shoot the Serpent. Fliers advance forward to shoot the Venoms.

Shooting sees 1 Flier wreck a Venom, but they make morale and pinning. The Dragons Wreck the Serpent. His Reaper targets another Venom but no damage is done.

No CC for my opponent.

Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT! 10941424_654365136231_6971019980332527660_n

This is the last picture as we need to hurry through the last turn.

Yeeman Turn 5:

Fliers come on and target his fliers. I Flat Out a Venom near the Relic so if the Flier goes down I have Obsec over his Raider. Guardians go over to target the Dragons. I move the Autarch and friends to go kill more backfield units.

Shooting sees 1 of my fliers blow his off of the Relic. I then target his Dragons with my other and cause 25+ wounds! He then other loses 4 Dragons and the Autarch leaving the Succubus and the Exarch. My Guardians finish them off with ease. I achieve SLAY THE WARLORD with this kill!

CC sees the Grotesques charge a backfield unit and destroy them. They will get me LINEBREAKER!

At this point, my opponent cannot win, but moves his Reaper to get Line Breaker.

He does not really have a Turn 5 other than moving the Reaper.

Maelstorm total 9-3 ( I did not keep track of who had what this game, but on my score that I have this was the total.)

I have Linebreaker, Warlord, Primary and Secondary!

Yeeman WINS! 9-2 Victory!

As an aside, I feel bad for my opponent. When the Rules Judge ruled against his "Beam" I could tell he was totally out of it and did not care too much. I especially feel bad because he didn't come back for Day 2 and his friends said it was because of the ruling and our game.

Let me know what you guys think! I will throw up the Poll for game #4 vs Decurion Detachment Necrons! Going into Day 2 I am in Bracket 1 and ranked #3! Hope you guys enjoyed the Battle Report!
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT!   Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21 2015, 15:22

Nice victory.

Very curious about your necron game. Can't wait yo read it.

I am guessing that it shouldn't drive me nuts about your opponent thinking the reaper gun can fire as a beam. But it does.  How could he think that? Does a marine convertion beamer count as a beam because it has beam in the name?... No it doesn't.   That irked me more than it should have.

Anyways. Good game and you played your list well.
You really know your list and it's limitations. It would be nice to play you someday. Where you from good sir?  
Thank for the idea of putting my fire dragons in a raider with my wwp archon.  They helped me win at a medium sized tournament (40 something players) a few weeks ago. I was the only 5-0. Got best gen and overall. Gottacon always has really good prize support.  I had a tough time winning this one. Especially since I had only played 6-8 games of 7th over the last year due to work. 4 of which were at the LVO.  I want to do in depth battle reports of my games at gottacon, but have no pictures so not sure it is worth.  Maybe a shorter version would be ok?

I have a small 24-30 person 3game 1500 point friendly tournament to go to next weekend. You have to spend 400 points on troops. I am thinking of taking the corpse claw formation. Then add either Eldar with two serpents, 2 hornets and a bike/mantle/seer.  Or Dark Eldar with poison court girl in venom or an archon with blaster. 2 kabalites in venoms with blasters, 9man gunboat with Racks and shirlekds, 2 razorwings.  Haven't done the points yet, but that should fit just fine

EDIT! Just found out that there are no formations at the next tournament so no Talos for me :-(

Last edited by colinsherlow on Sat Mar 21 2015, 16:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : d'oh! just found out no formations are allowed at the tournament next weekend.)
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT!   Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21 2015, 21:33

Appreciate the comments! I wish I could play more than I have but these games were 4-9 with the new codex for me when I had them. I have not had a ton of practice with them, but the army plays relatively the same but with more buffs!

I hail from Colorado currently but am originally from California. I have wanted to go up to Canada for some time and would love to go to a tournament up there! I'm a teacher so my work schedule is a little chaotic when I am in season. I am trying to make it to 3-4 tournaments over this summer starting with the Bugeater GT in Omaha, Nebraska in the first weekend of June. Best tournament I have been to and offers crazy amount of prize support.

The Fire Dragons are boss and are a nice unit that just erases something off of the table. With the Raider, those extra shots that need be wasted at the Raider are good to have. I did run mine without a WWP and it worked in the tournament.

I think a brief rundown of your games wouldn't hurt. Pictures help, but having a brief synopsis and rundown of the games couldn't hurt. Give the highlights and the reasons why you won or lost. Maybe an MVP in the game. The last 2 games of this tournament have very few pictures as they were intense and I was way more concerned with playing then pictures. My last game is hopefully up on Youtube and I can post the link, I need to look.

400pts in troops is 4 Venoms with Warriors which is always solid. Or go 2 Venoms and a Serpent with Avengers. 1500pts can be tough, but I went to one a couple weeks ago and performed well and lost due to soft scores and a funky way to score some things but the list performed well overall.

Again appreciate the comments man and the inquiries.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT!   Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21 2015, 22:24

There is a tournament up here on the west coast called Wet coast GT in July that I plan on attending. Am going to try and make the BAO in California. But I think that may be during my cousin's wedding so might not make that one.

The raider saved my ass in one game as I had to kill a stomps that turn or I would for sure lose the game. I removed 11 HP from shooting, but needed one more to kill it. I had just disembarked from the raider and so was able to charge it a melta bomb the bugger. Couldn't have done that out of the serpent. Woot wood.

PostSubject: Re: Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT!   Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yeeman goes to the Battle For the Mountain GT!
Page 1 of 1