THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Yeeman Goes to the Battle for the Mountain GT!

Go down 
4 posters

Who Will Win This Matchup?
Yeeman's Dark Eldar
Yeeman Goes to the Battle for the Mountain GT! Voteba1371%Yeeman Goes to the Battle for the Mountain GT! Voteba15
 71% [ 5 ]
Decurion Detachment Necrons
Yeeman Goes to the Battle for the Mountain GT! Voteba1329%Yeeman Goes to the Battle for the Mountain GT! Voteba15
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

Yeeman Goes to the Battle for the Mountain GT! Empty
PostSubject: Yeeman Goes to the Battle for the Mountain GT!   Yeeman Goes to the Battle for the Mountain GT! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21 2015, 21:51

Alrighty! I am currently 3-0 and ranked 3rd in the tournament and in bracket #1. I am squaring off against Decurion Detachment Necrons! I have heard wonderful things and my opponent had been rolling some faces with his list.

Here are the links to the other reports:

Report #1: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t11641-yeeman-goes-to-battle-for-the-mountain-gt-game-1-posted

Report #2: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t11744-yeeman-goes-to-battle-for-the-mountain-gt

Report #3: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t11769-yeeman-goes-to-the-battle-for-the-mountain-gt

Here is a rundown of my list as well

Yeeman's Dark Eldar w/ Eldar Allies

Succubus w/ Glaive, Haywire
x3 Grotesques, Raider
x3 Grotesques, Raider
x5 Warriors, Venom
x5 Warriors, Venom
x5 Warriors, Venom
Razorwing, Lances, Cannon
Razorwing, Lances, Cannon
Raider, Lance

Autarch, Fusion, Soulshrive, Banshee Mask
x7 Dragons
x10 Guardians, Lance, Serpent w/ Cannon, Scatter Laser
Wraithknight

My Opponents List

Decurion Detachment

Overlord, Scythe, Phase Shifter, Phylactery, Barge
x5 Lychguard
x5 Deathmarks
x10 Warriors
x10 Warriors, Ghost Ark
x10 Immortals, Night Scythe
x3 Tomb Blades

Necron CAD

Zandrekh
Triarch Stalker
x10 Warriors
x10 Warriors
x3 Wraiths

Deployment: Hammer and Anvil
Primary: The Scouring with 6 objectives
Night Fight: Yes
First Turn: Necrons
Combat Drugs: +1 Toughness (C'mon its just getting old now!)
Warlord Trait: Master of Ambush

Pre-Game Thoughts: Wow does he have a lot of Warriors! At with a 5+ Fnp and 4+ Armor, they will be a pain to get rid of. Not to mention the Decurion guys are MUCH tougher!

Going in I think I am ok as I can get into assault with my Grotesques and they can sweep through Warriors and Wraiths no problem. He is very short ranged so has to come to me to deal damage. They should be my MVPs and should really mulch through his army. Not to mention the Wraithknight. I should be in good shape even though I can be Gaussed now, getting into CC will be easy and the key for him.

On paper, his list did no look like much besides being really really tough. However, the intricacies and synergy of his list were not seen until we started. The shooting put out was not only reliable but devastating! And that resiliency thing really comes into play.

Overall I am feeling very confident. I think I have the tools to win shooting, CC, and can grab objectives. better. Also, my Fast Attack choices are in the air and Reserve. His are small units and not very resilient. I hope my over confidence does not bite me in the butt!

Let me know what you guys think and vote on the poll!
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Yeeman Goes to the Battle for the Mountain GT!   Yeeman Goes to the Battle for the Mountain GT! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22 2015, 00:15

I really love the new necron book, but don't really know what do expect from them as I haven't played against the new book yet. This could be a very tough game as even razorwings unloading will have a hard time killing 10 warriors.

Slave
fala

PostSubject: Re: Yeeman Goes to the Battle for the Mountain GT!   Yeeman Goes to the Battle for the Mountain GT! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26 2015, 20:49

Nice games, Yeeman. I've found your reports after hearing about your success on 11th company. Waiting for the 3rd repo Wink
Back to top Go down
http://fala13.wordpress.com
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Yeeman Goes to the Battle for the Mountain GT!   Yeeman Goes to the Battle for the Mountain GT! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27 2015, 16:39

The 4+ re animation is just stupid. The mass warriors are best eliminated with a sweeping advance and you have a good amount of CC. Lychguard don't scare us as much as we already wear swimsuits to war and high AP is wasted. Wraiths, wraiths are faster than you think. Again, wraiths are faster than you think. Stalkers have torrent I believe. We hate that. If you can pin a unit and multi charge, the sweeping advance should really help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeeman Goes to the Battle for the Mountain GT!   Yeeman Goes to the Battle for the Mountain GT! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yeeman Goes to the Battle for the Mountain GT!
Page 1 of 1