THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Myrvn
Wych

1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format  Empty
PostSubject: 1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format    1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2015, 06:37

I'm planning on attending a few ITC tournaments and would like to tweak my list with any feedback you have. It is mixed between assault and ranged based on the models I like. I have a few other units that could be shuffled in or out. I'm curious on war gear recommendations as well.

1836, so a little room for extras.

Succubus - 145 (glaive, WWP, armor)
Grots - 205 (5xguys,2x liquefiers)
Warriors - 120 (5x, blaster, venom)
Warriors - 115 (5x, blaster, raider w lance)
Wyches - 225 (10x, boss w/ Agonizer, 3x Wych weapons, raider w dissie, NS, AS)
Incubi - 225 (7x, boss, raider w dissie, NS,AS)
Reavers - 58 (3x, CC)
Reavers - 58 (3x, CC)
Ravager - 125 (3x lances)
Voidraven - 200 (4x cheap missiles, void lances)

The general plan is to flat out with the incubi and Wyches turn one. They jink to try and live, survivors will try to assault turn two. Bike fly around grabbing objectives if necessary or staying in reserve if standard mission. Warriors provide covering fire and grab objectives. The succubus and pets (dark elf cold one dinosaurs for Exodites) tank terminators or back field squishy units. The bomber nukes a blob and then hunts tanks.

The bomber could go either way for armament, so curious on suggestions for this list.

Back to top Go down
Tempestus
Hellion
Tempestus

PostSubject: Re: 1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format    1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2015, 13:50

Fun! The layout of the build seems balanced enough. first a couple points about.. points! Your Jetbikes are off by 5 so you actually are at 1846.

Wargear/Loadout:

I like to see Grots with an Abberation and SH. The upgrade can protect your Succubus from challenges, allow your Succubus to even leave the squad if you wanted plus Rending is great so it really adds to your combat theme. perhaps drop one liquefier for the points needed.

Wyches/Incubi its a preference but I always have Lances on my Raiders. I know these things will be flat out and might get destroyed pretty early but its just a good thing to have because for 5 points you'll probably get more use out of them than a dissie. Plus you can shoot with them, potentially open up a transport and assault whats inside.

Reavers. MSU is a good simple loadout that works. Personally! I'd replace the Voidraven with a DL Ravager and use the extra points to add a third Jetbike squad of 3 or even combine them into a squad of 9 and have another good assault unit.
That being said i've never played with the Voidraven so I dont know how good it is or what kind of role it'll add to your army for the points cost.

Oh and Haywire Grenades on your Hekatrix and Succubus could never hurt if you got the points Very Happy

Another thought/idea. With some points shifting you could instead have your Grots on a Raider making the frontal assault with the Incubi and keep your Wyches on foot in reserve. They're faster than Grots but arent as durable or powerful, perhaps not the best unit to lead the charge with. Or just have all your assault units on the board in Raiders and send them off right away.

Fire Support Elements:
Warriors x5 in Raider/Venom
Ravager (DLs)
Ravager (DLs)
Ravager (DLs)

Assault Elements:
Succubus with Archite Glaive
Grots x4 with Abberation in Raider
Wyches x8 with Hekatrix in Raider
Incubi x7 with Klaivex in Raider
Reavers x9 with Arena Champion

Wargear pending but that should all fit into 1850 after kitting out those assault boats.

Just food for thought!

Have Fun!
Back to top Go down
Rathstar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format    1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2015, 16:59

"keep your Wyches on foot" - I nearly choked !!

I do agree with putting the grots in a raider rather than coming in via WWP, as you need to have all your asault units hitting enemy at the same time.  2 raiders will not last long so have to get in combat as fast as possible, but a WWP unit can't charge until turn 3 at the earliest.

I also agree with putting haywire on any assault character that can take it.

Don't forget that you will have saved the points from the WWP, so I think losing a grot (to fit in the raider) and the WWP will be enough to buy a raider without losing any other troops.

To finish off your assault threat I would add a cheap beast pack (in points and £'s if you use other models such as dire wolves).  1 Beastmaster and 11 Krymerae cost 120 pts, and should be in combat on turn 2 (12" deployment, 12"+rerolled D6" turn 1 movement, means they should be 37-42" onto the board just before they are about to charge on turn 2) and will put out 44 str4 attacks on the charge.

You should be able to get these points by reducing upgrades elsewhere in your list.  My starter for 10 would be:
Grot Liquifiers (you don't want to burn away your charge target) - 30 pts
Wych weapons (they aren't that good, and not better then more bodies) - 15
Voidraven missiles (just makes the flyer too expensive for an av10 flyer) - 40
Incubi Klaivex upgrade (again more bodies better than most upgrades) - 10
Lastly looking at the Wych characters, she's 50 pts for the 1 T3 model with an agoniser and haywire grenades which seems too much more for me compared to what else you could spend 50 pts on.

Lets see what list we can come up with:

Succubus - 115 (glaive, armor, haywire grenades)
Grots - 215 (4xguys, raider w dissie, NS,AS)
Wyches - 175 (10x, raider w dissie, NS, AS)
Incubi - 235 (8x, raider w dissie, NS,AS)
Reavers - 116 (6x, 2xCC)
Beast Pack - 110 (1xBM,10xK)
Voidraven - 160 (void lances, void mine)

Total: 1846 pts

Other suggestions that are more if you have the models already:
1) Try out a razorwing jetfighter instead of the voidraven if you like the missiles (you also save 20 pts if you arm the razorwing with dark lances, enough for another incubi or leaders in both the wyches and grots)
2) Consider a Court of 10 Lharmaens instead of 10 wyches.  The lose 1 Ini (you will rarely notice) and the 4+ dodge, but get +1 Ld, better armour save, and wound on 2+ with a 6 being instant death rather than wounding at str3.  Points for point the Lharmaens will do more damage than Grots, plus make half the Court Sslyths and they are effectively T5.

Last suggestion is to consider how often you need the aethersails ?  Keep a count in practice games when the extra 6" over an already long 30" move is useful, compared to having a leader with haywire grenades with a wyches (3 aethersails = 15 pts = leader upgrade plus haywire grenades) - Wait till you face your first dreadnaught in assault.

Good luck, may your raid ships come back overflowing Smile

Rathstar

The following quote is from around 6th edition, how have things changed Smile

sweetbacon wrote:
You're spending 225 points on Wyches???

Wyches?!!

Why?  

Did someone threaten your family?  

Are you under duress right now?  

Blink if you are and I'll summon the authorities.

Last edited by Rathstar on Tue Mar 31 2015, 17:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
Back to top Go down
http://rathstarramblings.blogspot.co.uk/
Tempestus
Hellion
Tempestus

PostSubject: Re: 1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format    1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2015, 17:50

Quote :
"keep your Wyches on foot" - I nearly choked !!
you sir misquoted me! I said on foot and in reserve Wink in the original list i was simply noting that having Wyches in reserve on foot vs Grots on foot I would prefer the Wyches as they can move quicker and having them in reserve keeps them safe first turn or so until they get some bonus's from PFP table. Where Grots are more durable to handle some turn one heat and if they're in a Raider they get the speed boost.
Even still, agreed its far more advantageous for Wyches to have a Raider if the squad is 10 or less, reserve or not.

that being said! I like Rathstars' interpretation of the original list quite a bit and agree with having the assault units ready to go from turn one. The beastpack is a nice touch also.

Thoughts of Clawed Fiends over Khymera? For the same amount of points you get the same amount of wounds but +1 to str +1 toughness and a fourth attack and the unit has Rage.

Quote :
Last suggestion is to consider how often you need the aethersails ?  Keep a count in practice games when the extra 6" over an already long 30" move is useful, compared to having a leader with haywire grenades with a wyches (3 aethersails = 15 pts = leader upgrade plus haywire grenades) - Wait till you face your first dreadnaught in assault.

Great point. I would also note that the Raiders in question dont have Lances. I would always opt for Lances first before Aethersails.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: 1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format    1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2015, 18:22

You're spending 225 points on Wyches???

Wyches?!!

Why?  

Did someone threaten your family?  

Are you under duress right now?  

Blink if you are and I'll summon the authorities.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format    1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2015, 18:26

Im used to many of the Tournaments but ITC is one Im not, what is the ITC?

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format    1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2015, 20:49

Few answers and comments quick. I don't know how to quote w phone, so I'll try to hit the high points,

ITC - basic set of rules for several tournaments. Details are best to google Frontline and ITC. Maximum if two detachments and some hybrid missions. Most are similar to the 5th/6th standard missions.

The list includes Incubi, Wyches, and a Voidraven because I think they look cool. The builds are definitely up for debate, but my primary goal is aesthetics and painting. Chances of winning best general are minimal. That said, the reasons I built them that way:

Wyches at 225 - Night Shields seem handy if there are two very juicy targets. Even if it only survives a few extra shots, that should still take extra shots off of other units. The Hekatrix with Agonizer seems solid at killing enemy sergeants. And the local meta has as many 5+ save armies as 4+/3+. The killing ability seems beneficial. And with Shred, it helps offset marines. Aethersail seemed like a good idea solely to get the models from behind cover (deployment) upfield and front and center on the enemy. What are the thoughts on the reasons given?

Grotesques - honestly I didn't think too much about the Reader and probably should. I'll tinker.

Wyches in reserve - thinking they are delivered by wwp?

Bomber - 160/200; for the extra 40 points there seems like a solid increase damage output. Yes, it would limit the ability to tank hunt for a turn. However, it could be handy at taking out a large blob of Guard, Jetbikes, Tau (if it makes it through the movement phase), and Tyranids. It seems best against crappy save units, but even against Wraithguard t has been productive. The rest of my proposed list doesn't seem to cover blob damage output and the missiles seem to fill a gap.

Haywire makes a lot of sense.

For a mixed force of assault and shooting, how many units do you believe are needed to dedicate to assault?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format    1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 mixed ranged/assault for ITC format
Page 1 of 1