THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Trying new Grotesque delivery

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tattooudrew
Hellion

Trying new Grotesque delivery Empty
PostSubject: Trying new Grotesque delivery   Trying new Grotesque delivery I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07 2015, 19:24

So after getting torn a new one by my tau friend we learned a few things.... and I'm about to test one of them today, which is a raider with night shield aether sails and shock prow loaded up with grotesques. my dark lances almost never do anything so i rely more on my talos with haywires in 2 dark artisan units (i play coven). the idea is simple. flat out 24 inch ram their vehicles with my grotesques inside. hopefully popping a vehicle. even if my raiders crash i can assault out of them with the grotesques and keep them out of shooting entirely if played right. my wracks all take venoms and hunt objectives or go for first blood with scalpel squad. Anyways, has anyone tried this out with any success?

i think I'm fighting a space wolf army of rhinos and razorbacks loaded with tact squads so hopefully i can punch through quick enough.
Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

PostSubject: Re: Trying new Grotesque delivery   Trying new Grotesque delivery I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07 2015, 19:34

I am afraid you cant ram and flat out. Also it is unlikely that you pop a vehicle with that. I like the shock prows, they are just so expensive. But you can jink and ram I guess?
I would try to surround the transports with grotesques and then let them glance it to death. If your positioning is good (having a surviving raider helps), the opponent cannot place the passengers and they count as destroyed Smile
Back to top Go down
Raven Cowl
Hellion
Raven Cowl

PostSubject: Re: Trying new Grotesque delivery   Trying new Grotesque delivery I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2015, 01:51

You could also split them between 3 in a raider and 3 with the Haemie with a Webway Portal. That is if you're running a grotesquerie. Then you get to flat out and drop a wall of 9 wounds on the other guys head.
Back to top Go down
Tattooudrew
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Trying new Grotesque delivery   Trying new Grotesque delivery I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2015, 03:24

it actually worked really well but i lost because of objectives today against space wolves. 15 misle launcher with retools of ones because of uric down one of my raiders right away which sucked but the other one slammed into a razorback with a rune priest and banged them up REAL good.

something hilarious happened though, he had logan grimnar on his chariot of lmaness and i had nothing i could shoot at him so he was thinking he was gonna mop me up with him. he charged my dark artisan unit, killed my talos (which only had one wound) with something like 4 or 5 impact hits then challenged my haemonculus who had NOTHING just a web way. he failed his rolls so bad my haemonculus killed logan lol. i was laughing so hard that alone felt like a victory. if i didn't have to go to the gym and call the game at turn 5 and if i didn't roll DOUBLE SNAKE EYES with both my grot units on turn 5 i may have bin able to table him but oh well.
Back to top Go down
Tattooudrew
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Trying new Grotesque delivery   Trying new Grotesque delivery I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2015, 03:32

i ran 2 dark artisan units with one as my hq no other formations. he killed a lot of venoms cuz they were punt the hurt on those tactical squads. but they had feel no pain which sucked and he would just move uric to a diff squad once i sidled them down.

also shock prow is 5 points, either sails 5 points, night shields 15, not bad for grot delivery
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Trying new Grotesque delivery   Trying new Grotesque delivery I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2015, 14:04

Tattooudrew wrote:

also shock prow is 5 points, either sails 5 points, night shields 15, not bad for grot delivery

Shock prow is 10.
Back to top Go down
Tattooudrew
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Trying new Grotesque delivery   Trying new Grotesque delivery I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2015, 21:32

ya your right my b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying new Grotesque delivery   Trying new Grotesque delivery I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trying new Grotesque delivery
Page 1 of 1