THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DA delivery

Go down 
+4
Vasara
Ispa
Count Adhemar
Coreytt@BWG
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Coreytt@BWG
Slave

DA delivery  Empty
PostSubject: DA delivery    DA delivery  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13 2015, 14:18

Hey guys. I'm thinking about running a DA along side a grotesqurie but I'm not sure how to run the formation. In your experience does WWP do the trick or do you run them up the middle?

I run my grotesqurie in two squads of three inside raiders with sails and NS. Typically moving, turbo boosting into position for a turn two assault. So I was thinking of either running the DA behind the Grots which might take some heat off the DA unit while it slugs its way up the field OR WWPing the DA in behind enemy lines/near the juiciest target. Its a very durable unit so I'm sure it wouldn't get blasted off the table the turn it comes in but I'd just like to hear some others experiences with the unit!

Thanks,
Corey
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMWop_5Uq3ZsEZysVR-Y73g
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

DA delivery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DA delivery    DA delivery  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13 2015, 14:31

I actually like having the DA on the table at the start of the game as they attract an inordinate amount of firepower and, unlike most our units, are actually capable of surviving it more or less intact. As such, I rarely use the WWP with them, although I do like to keep them in cover if possible.

Ispa
Hellion
Ispa

DA delivery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DA delivery    DA delivery  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13 2015, 22:54

As with most answers on this forum.....it depends. How are you kitting your DA formation out?

Mine i usually kit the talos with ichor injectors and heat lance and the haemy with scissor hands WWP (and usually the pump/mask) with this build i want my DA in CC asap so walking up the board is not really an option.

Incognito assault marine
Vasara

DA delivery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DA delivery    DA delivery  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14 2015, 09:53

I have taken the WWP every time but uesd it only once. Delivery depends a lot on the match up who goes first. Normally if I go first DA deepstrikes in. If I go second they are my "null deplyment" in terrain or even better out of range. Having the option to deep strike makes your opponent scare it a lot more even though you are not using it all the time.

Lately though I have been considering more to take two Talos and a Cronos instead of DA. That HQ tax is too high unless the scenario needs WL to survive.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

DA delivery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DA delivery    DA delivery  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14 2015, 10:15

Vasara wrote:
Lately though I have been considering more to take two Talos and a Cronos instead of DA. That HQ tax is too high unless the scenario needs WL to survive.

The problem with that is that they can't form a single unit so the Cronos will just get taken out quickly and leave your Taloi more vulnerable.

Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

DA delivery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DA delivery    DA delivery  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14 2015, 10:25

Thats true but those three shots needed to kill Cronos would kill the talos (or heamy) in the DA too (assuming no wl in unit) With heamy in front there is a possibility to migate those shots abit.

I have not tried this but I sure will (allthough I only have one talos atm.)

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

DA delivery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DA delivery    DA delivery  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 03:17

for ~100pts more you can bring the Corpsethief Claw and that thing is bonkers.

Incognito assault marine
Vasara

DA delivery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DA delivery    DA delivery  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16 2015, 07:28

Corpse thief is a too big investment in points. And it needs Cronos to sruvive.

On downside of not having that DA Heamy is no Zealot. The one thing that benefits DE mc the most.

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

DA delivery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DA delivery    DA delivery  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2015, 00:23

Honestly ... I would be using the DA or the Corpsethief as add-ons now for my Eldar. They serve a distraction carnifexes for jetbikes and Wraithknights. As such i would want them on the table at the start of the game.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

DA delivery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DA delivery    DA delivery  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2015, 00:47

I always webway portal my Dark Artisan in. In addition to everything else the Dark Artisan can do, it gives me the option to drop the Cronos someplace where the rest of my army can benefit from it, should I need to.

Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

DA delivery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DA delivery    DA delivery  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2015, 03:11

If i play the DA it get it at 495 pts I think and I webway in with templates. I run the CC at 650pts and 99% of the time I would rather run the CC.

Slave

DA delivery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DA delivery    DA delivery  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19 2015, 21:56

Thanks for all the replies!

got a game in against a friends Tau list earlier today and WWP'd the DA in. It preformed phenomenally!
Easily earned its points back by killing a unit of broadsides, a hammerhead gunship and securing my opponents objective. Not to mention absorb shots like a champ.

Though I have to say I didn't really like having that many points off the board/not actively contributing until turn 2-3.. I may have to try running it up the board just soaking up fire.

Will have a batrep of it up shortly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMWop_5Uq3ZsEZysVR-Y73g
Dirtydeeds
Hellion

DA delivery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DA delivery    DA delivery  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20 2015, 06:23

This is what I've been doing lately, I run an unbound list with a maxed out grotesquerie, dark artisan, two squads of two talos, and two shadowseers. The grotesquerie deep strikes in almost every time, but I leave the dark artisan and talos on the board so I won't get tabled. I make the dark artisan haemie my warlord and now I have 6 mcs at t7 with power armor, 4+++ with rerolling fnp rolls of 1. Super resilient and guaranteed to not get tabled in many turns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DA delivery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DA delivery    DA delivery  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DA delivery
Page 1 of 1