THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Outside Forces

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

Outside Forces Empty
PostSubject: Outside Forces   Outside Forces I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10 2015, 23:30

my succubus, archon, and 2 grotesque charge a inquisitor and his scions.  The succubus accepted the challenge and removed 2 hp from the inquisitor.  The archon on his initiative step killed the 3 scions and one wound spilled into the Inquisitor But he made the save.  

Do my grotesque attack next at the initiative step? I thought they just sit there and  I didn't think they should because it says wounds spill into challenges but doesn't state that attacks do and All the scions are dead.
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

Outside Forces Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outside Forces   Outside Forces I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11 2015, 01:56

They get to strike against the Inquisitor as long as they are eligible to hit him; they are in range.
Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite
Unholyllama

Outside Forces Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outside Forces   Outside Forces I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13 2015, 15:39

I've ran into this situation a lot myself and concluded it needs FAQ.

Nothing in the challenge rules states the outside forces cannot swing if they are within range with an enemy model; even the challenger. Likewise, while wounds can spill out of a challenge, there is nothing stating the wound pool from outside forces are allocated in any way beyond normal combat (which would allow them to spill into the next closest model).

I need to reread the rules around this again (since they are so poorly worded I'm already second guessing myself); however, I'm 99% sure that's what you end up with when you look at the restrictions the challenge produces along with normal assault phase permissions.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Outside Forces Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outside Forces   Outside Forces I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13 2015, 16:06

shadowseercB wrote:
my succubus, archon, and 2 grotesque charge a inquisitor and his scions.  The succubus accepted the challenge and removed 2 hp from the inquisitor.  The archon on his initiative step killed the 3 scions and one wound spilled into the Inquisitor But he made the save.  

Do my grotesque attack next at the initiative step?  I thought they just sit there and  I didn't think they should because it says wounds spill into challenges but doesn't state that attacks do and All the scions are dead.

Attacks don't need to 'spill over', they are applied to the unit, not individual models. Any wounds that result from the attacks of the unit are then allocated to the defending unit in the normal way but cannot be allocated to a model in a challenge unless there are no other enemy models left alive in that combat.

Sponsored content

Outside Forces Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outside Forces   Outside Forces I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outside Forces
Page 1 of 1