THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ideas for allied forces

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Kesharq

Ideas for allied forces Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for allied forces   Ideas for allied forces I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13 2012, 22:13

Thinking of adding in allies to my dark eldar army......want opinions on these ideas so far:

30 Kroot + Shaper + maybe 5 Kroot Hounds. (ok not a legal add in...but i would only be using in friendly games...and iv got a small background story idea to tie them in with my force.)

Eldar - Farseer and 3 Warlocks
+ either a Autarch with Fusion Gun nd warp jump thingy or Phoenix Lord Maugan Ra

Harlequins(fully loaded up) or Howling Banshees

Eldar Rangers x 10 in two units of 5 or Dire Avengers Aspect Warriors

Wraithlord.. Exclamation

scratch so people what u think? Two different ideas, feel free to destroy both lol.

7th ed score:

Wins: 4 Cool 
Loses: 7 scratch 
Draws: 1 study
Back to top Go down
Lord Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for allied forces   Ideas for allied forces I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13 2012, 22:15

Oh and before i forget or anyone asks my current army....its still a work in progress fyi

My List atm
HQ
Dark Eldar Archon (Dread Archon Karshema)
Dark Eldar Succubus (No Face)

Elites
Dark Eldar Wracks x 5

Troops
Dark Eldar Kabalite Warriors x 30
Dark Eldar Wyches x 20
Dark Eldar Raider x 1

Fast Attack
Dark Eldar Scourges x 5
Dark Eldar Hellions x 5

Heavy Support
Dark Eldar Razorwing Jetfighter x 1

7th ed score:

Back to top Go down
Plague
Kabalite Warrior
Plague

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for allied forces   Ideas for allied forces I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13 2012, 23:36

I'm particularly liking Eldrad or a Farseer with War Walkers and Pathfinders in an Aegis Defense-line. Nothing like 3 walkers dishing out 24 Str 6 AP6 shots with Fortune and Guide inside an Aegis Defense line giving them a 4+ cover save. Walkers are great for glancing vehicles to death, shooting down planes, or putting boat loads of wounds on a squad. Pathfinders are nice for precision shots and going after opponent HQs. Very versatile group, cost effective, and tough to kill unless cover is negated.

Kabalite Warrior
Lord Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for allied forces   Ideas for allied forces I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 00:53

Thank you for the feed back Plague Smile. I will have to give war walkers some consideration as i had not thought about them!.

May i also ask ur opinion on the Kroot add on?

7th ed score:

Back to top Go down
Plague
Kabalite Warrior
Plague

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for allied forces   Ideas for allied forces I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 02:34

I wish I could but I have played Tau a total of two times in 1 1/2 years of playing 40k. I don't really know much about them, sorry!

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for allied forces   Ideas for allied forces I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 02:46

Farseer + Whatever the power is that buffs accuracy

(insert troops choice here, it doesn't really matter)

3x War Walkers, with 2x Scatter Lasers each.

Basically the old MixMaster attack from 3rd Edition, but retooled for use shooting down flyers and FMCs. Against armies wioth lots of Terminators you could probably do a better job with Starcannons instead of Scatter Lasers. Either way, something will get shot up.
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for allied forces   Ideas for allied forces I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 08:35

Kroot should be possible, I would accept them against me in friendly games.

The same goes for IG troops, the codex is very clear that there are loads of mercenary scum to be found in Commorragh. No uniformed troops though, no ranks, but cutthroats and murderers!
Back to top Go down
Lord Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for allied forces   Ideas for allied forces I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 11:36

Thanks guys for the feedback atm.

Plague - Its fine mate, thanks for the eldar feedback Smile

teh603 - yeah iv seen something like that used before when i used to play marines...will be adding it to my consideration list.

Chaeril - Good point there on the IG...and i already have a 1300 pts IG force but i dont like the feel of them fighting along side my DE...for the kroot that is what i was thinking lol after all there bound to be some there around the dark city and going via my background ideas would be that my lord has hired them as his personal bodyguard along side his small unit of incubi as they would be less likely to try and rebel against his rule.

7th ed score:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for allied forces   Ideas for allied forces I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for allied forces
Page 1 of 1