THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series

Go down 
+6
Mngwa
JackKnife01
Painjunky
Its_Rumble
Elzadar
Skari
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Skari
Wych
Skari

Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series Empty
PostSubject: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13 2015, 04:42

Fellow Archons, Heamonculi and other commorites!

The Kabal of The Deadly Mist brings a tale of conquest to your banquet.
Like a fog, all is enveloped, confusion reigns and death is in the air.

The Kabal is participating in a Local League of 5 games. Maelstrom Missions are the Primary Objective in all of the games with secondary missions that vary and the three bonus points. One game per week.

The lists are 1750 pts and I will be writing about the exploits of the Dark Kin on this thread. So, make sure you read, follow or what not.

The first game. Was against Decurion Necrons, with a destroyer cult and a mephrit dynasty c'tan formation.

Whos excited?

Youtube Channel

Last edited by Skari on Mon May 18 2015, 19:51; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Skari
Wych
Skari

Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13 2015, 04:44

Space Reserved for the list and what not. Here is a teaser pic of the Dark Eldar army that I am running ( allying with same faction is allowed in this league).
Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series 542E1B90-190A-4E1B-BD00-0DDF3EF99686_zps343r9dplo

So the list:
Primary CAD
Lahmean - Dual cannon venom
9 warriors , blaster
Raider, lance, splinter racks
9 warriors, blaster
Raider, lance, splinter racks
5 wyches, hekatrix, haywires
Raider, lance, enhanced sail
5 wyches, hekatrix, haywire (warlord)
Raider, lance, enhanced sail
Razorwing, lances
Razorwing, lances
3 reaver jetbikes, heat lance
Ravager with trip lances
Ravager with trip lances
Ravager with trip lances
Allied dark eldar detachment ( they allow this rather than two CAD's )
Lahmean- dual cannon venom
5 kabalite warriors, sybarite, haywire, blaster
Dual cannon venom
3 Reavers, heat lance
Ravager

So this is the 1750 pt list. Lots of lance, lots of poison, haywire is ok... And many many units. Anti horde with the missiles as well. It's designed to msu and kill with mass focuss of firepower.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16 2015, 04:29

So I added the dark eldar list to the second post. The first game was against a decurion necron army... And it was to be a rough learning lesson! But I did learn.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16 2015, 23:57

So, this was the Decurion List - 1750pts
Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series F60CBD30-B4E3-44C4-A2B2-A2B88C67E465_zpsajvk1eah

Nasty, tough list:
Reclamation Legion:
Overlord - Warsythe, resorb.
10 Warriors
12 Warriors
8 Immortals or so.

Destroyer Cult:
Destroyer Lord - Warsythe
3 units of 3 destroyers with a heavy gauss cannon in each.

Formation:
Ctan Shackle Thing from the Mephrit Dynasty.
Nightbringer.
Cryptec with a veil of darkness and +1str and +1t to the ctan wargear.
Cryptec with a 2+ re rollable save, and a str 6 staff of light.

So... very tough list. The mission was Maelstrom primary, the last mission, start with 6 cards and get one less every turn. Secondary was a tablequarter one, you got to score tablequarters by number of units within the quarters... scoring started turn 2 and was every player turn, with your own quarter being worth 0, each neutral was worth 1 and the enemy quarter was 2... obsec units counted as 2 for this scoring (except tanks).

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18 2015, 14:13

where is the rest? o.O

Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18 2015, 14:58

Writing it as I can take the time too.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19 2015, 00:13

WYCHS YES!!!!

Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19 2015, 17:22

Yeah, two small units of wyches! Hehe.

Ok so the game itself:
Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series 6DA3FC3E-639A-432C-B955-F44583D76F60_zpsl6jzfh5j

The table was set, the objectives placed. And deployment... the Necrons took the first turn.
Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series 91FE8F0F-1D02-479E-8C4F-0617AB740441_zps790tebhy

I had deployed, and kept most, if not all of my tanks outside of the main ranges for the enemy army, so the Necron turn one, saw me jink a few tanks, and escape relatively unscathed, the nightbringer formation veiled to my left flank tablequarter and the necron jetbikes moved centrally to be important later in the game, their ignore cover weapons are amazing.
Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series 4E787334-54C4-4FEE-A479-EB345FFE0059_zpskwuwcy5h

My deployment was cramming a lot of things in my deployment zone.

And in my first turn I focused as much as I could on one unit of destroyers! And i had forgotten that they have two wounds now... so my calculations were off, and I only killed two. The game continued with me shooting alot and not killing much, and slowly loosing mins. But the game was maelstrom! I had a lot of obsec... and he had none. So... the game was him getting points, and me sacrificing units to gain objective points, only to be killed in turn... the RP of a 4+ with re rolls of one was proving to be super tough indeed.
Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series 1F85E1EC-1CD0-4D38-BC35-5CD5CFA21CE8_zpslbqr8ix9
I finally killed a unit of destroyers, but I was really unable to do any lasting damage... I almost killed the c'tan... but was unable to. And at the end of the game I had about 5 miniatures left! And my opponent had only lost a few things here and there... but with the mobility and obsec I had pulled out a primary victory! (he had secondary) and with the splitting of the tertiary points it was a down the middle draw!

6 points for the dark eldar
6 points for the necrons

And the league had started with a very fun and intense battle.

What I learned:
Have to focus fire better against the crons. The movement was awesme and I did miss my grotesquerie... they are a tough cookie and solve a lot of problems for the Dark Eldar.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20 2015, 12:05

Thanks for the mini bat rep Skari. Your list looks quite potent!

This is typical of my exp vs newcrons. You will be hard pressed to inflict any significant damage to them so play the mission. It's actually good training for me as its easy to get side-tracked ripping up my enemy.

Anyway when I play against the crons I try to stay out of range of most things (which you did) and torrent down the destroyers (which you did). I love caltrop reavers (I take at least 12 of them) and I use them to tie up the tomb blades in assault and charge/hit and run/charge them till all dead. A grotesquerie strait to his gunline can really mess them up.

Looking forward to more batreps! Thanx.
BTW love the tactical corner at the end of your videos! I learn so much from these.
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20 2015, 16:16

Man, what is the toughness of the destroyers? I must say that is impressive who you managed to.make.something almost bad into something not as bad.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21 2015, 17:25

I am supporting the change of acronyms of reanimation protocols from "RP" to "RAP" (ReAnimation).

Aaanyway. Really liked the paint scheme on those necrons, and looks like you had a fun game as well.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22 2015, 00:05

Nice write up, Skari. Thanks for doing it. I agree that the Grotesquerie would've served you well. I've only played two games against the new Necrons and both times I found that my MVPs were Grotesques and Dark Artisan, as they can reliably whittle down the Necrons in CC. As you experienced, trying to win a war of attrition against Necrons by shooting them is a borderline futile effort. The only way I've seen to reliably take them out en masse is to sweep them in CC which is where Freakish Spectacle + AoM comes in quite handy.
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22 2015, 02:40

@ Painjunky: Thanks for the comment, I do like the tactical corner stuff, it really helps. The jetbikes in this game got smoked by the c'tan that rolled the ignore cover large blast shot... boo! Lol.

@ JackKnife 01: They are T5... and 2 wounds. Tough.

@mngwa : Yes it was a fun a tough game. Fred and I always have some close in our games.

@sweetbacon: No problem! I thought some written stuff might be cool. It also helped that my camera flubbed out half way through the game so no video batrep!

Yes, CC is where you want to get the crons. They only have wraiths and scarabs that are fearless. And the one character that makes them Zelot (NOT fearless but they autopass LD tests). Anyhow...

Will be getting my round two opponent soon! For week two of the league. Im comming off getting tabled by my brother during a friendly game, so the Dark eldar will be looking for vengeance!

Hehe.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22 2015, 03:49

Tabled?!? Unacceptable Skari! Jk. Its actually reassuring to see that even the elite Archons lose (even it it was a friendly)
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22 2015, 12:53

Wait... Skari got tabled!?! That just completely ruins my perception of good and evil in this world!!

Would like to hear the details of how this unnatural, blasphemous event ever occurred one day!!
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22 2015, 15:07

The tabling? Lol. Got siezed on. 4 lascannon shots at four different tanks, failed all the jinks... Every tank exploded. And then turn two my on foot grotesques Got obliterated by a bang on orbital bombardment. Was all down hill from there. Lol all caught on tape! So expect a batrep for it soon.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28 2015, 02:57

Game for week 2 has been set! I get to play against Matt (a regular on the channel with his amazing alpha legion army) this time he busts out his NEW Brass Scorpion! A nastly stompin lord of war with ignore cover weapons and all... this will be fun.

List:

Warp Smith with Aura of Dark Glory - 125

5 Chaos Space Marines with Flamer
Rhino with Dozer Blade - 120

5 Chaos Space Marines with Flamer
Rhino with Dozer Blade - 120

5 Chaos Space Marines with Meltgun and combi-melta
Rhino - 130

Rhino - 130

Rhino with Havoc Launcher - 130

Chaos Bikers with 2 Meltagun and Melta Bombs - 95
Chaos Bikers with 2 Meltagun and Melta Bombs - 95
Chaos Bikers with 2 Flamers and Combi-flamer - 90

Greater Brass Scorpion of Khorne - 700

Total Points - 1747

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2015, 04:47

So this game has come and gone.
Oh my. I got spanked. The brass scorp did most of the damage with its str 10 ignore cover blast blowing up ravagers and raiders every turn. Turn one and two, with all my dark lances put two hullpoints on it and one regenerated with it will not die. It was quite te learning experience for my dark eldar and I will have a report up with pics soon. Needless to say! ... Must have a rematch.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2015, 05:56

How tough is that scorpion thing? Good luck next time!

Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2015, 10:34

Ah dear shame for the loss but nice to hear of Matt beating you! I do love watching your two matches the most on Skared cast I must say. I just wish he'd update his channel more often... Give him a poke Razz

Look forward to some pictures.

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2015, 03:54

That scorpion thing is pretty good! Not OP tho. It just made alot of invul saves.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2015, 09:27

So Skari, don't feel to bad about the Brass Scorpion. I just watched one of them destroy three Ork Stompas....by itself. Kind of crazy to watch really.
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 19:50

The Brass Scorpion game will be up on youtube tonight or tmr afternoon! So stay tuned for that, ill post it here as well I guess.

SO! On to game three... a horde necron decurion.
Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series 37E1DB6A-13EC-4842-99AF-FE87631DE753_zpswiproafq

Necron Decurion Detachment

Reclimation legion

Ovelord, Phase Shifter, Phylactery, Res orb, Solar Staff

5 Lych Guard, Hyper Phase swords and Dispersion shields

5 Immortals, Tesla Carbines

20 Warriors
20 Warriors
Ghost Ark

3 Tomb Blades, Shield vanes and Nebula scopes

Judicator Battalion

3 Triarch Stalkers, 1 Partical Shredder, 2 Heat Rays
5 Triarch Preatorians, Void Blades and Particle Castor
5 Triarch Preatorians, Void Blades and Particle Castor

The Mission - Maelstrom Escalating Engagement! - just off the batt, this mission is hard for an army like dark eldar to play against a very resilient foe, like the decurion especially. Low points at the start and then higher at the end with the war of attrition taking its toll, so an army like a horde decurion really excells at this... I knew it was going to be a tough one.

Deployment - Hammer and anvil - I did have the advantage with this style... being able to stay out of range of his guns and hit where I want to when I want to.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series   Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tale of 5 Games - 1750pts - The Dark Eldar Launch into Realspace! - Journey to Perfection Series
Page 1 of 1