THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts

Go down 
+2
lelith
Da Once & Future Git
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Da Once & Future Git
Slave
Da Once & Future Git

Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts Empty
PostSubject: Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts   Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 16:18

So with the advent of a new codex, it’s time to update my old army…  I’ve tried to go for a fairly balanced approach, some shooty, some choppy, with a few tricks here & there!

HQ
1 Archon ~ Huskblade, Soultrap, Shadow field, Webway portal ~ 170
Goes with Taloi squad

1 Succubus ~ Agoniser, Armour of Misery, Webway portal ~ 150
Goes with Grotesques

Troops
10 Warriors ~ Splinter cannon ~ 95
1 Raider ~ Disintegrator cannon, Night Shield, Splinter racks ~ 85

Elites
6 Grotesques ~ Aberation with Agoniser ~ 245

6 Trueborn ~ 2 Dark lances ~ 106

9 Mandrakes ~ 108

Fast Attack
6 Scourges ~ 4 Haywire blasters ~ 136

Beastmaster pack ~ 8 Kymeras, 2 Beastmasters ~ 100

Heavy Support
3 Talos Pain Engines ~ Twin-linked Heat lances ~ 375

• So the plan is to have the Grots & Talos to deepstrike in the best places (The taloi should be able to take out a tank with their lances).  
• The Scourges can start on or off the table as needed.  
• The Mandrakes baleblast can also have a bit of fun with the Succubus’ Armour of Misery.  
• I’d love to include Archangel of Pain on the Archon if anyone can find me 25pts!

What do you think?

Last edited by Da Once & Future Git on Mon Oct 06 2014, 04:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts   Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 16:27

How can the Talos squad deepstrike? As I know, IC cannot join MC and thus cannot use WWP for Taloi. (The coven formation of Haemy/Cronos/Talos is unique case)

Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts   Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 17:39

Yeah sadly the Archon can't join the Talos unit. MCs aren't allowed to have friends. (for reference, 2nd sentence in the Independent Character section in the rulebook).

Dropping a Scourge and a Trueborn, where you have them as simply extra bodies, or else a single Grotesque, which you probably need more since they're in-face, will net you the points for your Archangel of Pain.

What do you mean when you say the Mandrakes bale blast will work with Armour of Misery?

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts   Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 17:50

Baleblast doesn't pin anymore. No real interaction with armor and baleblast now.
Back to top Go down
Da Once & Future Git
Slave
Da Once & Future Git

PostSubject: New list!   Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 04:05

Gah!  Thank-you all very much for ruining all my dastardly plans!! (Seriously, better to be told now!  Very Happy )  So here’s the new list.  I’ve cut a Grotesque, the Mandrakes & Beastmasters for a Court of the Archon & swapped the Heat Lances & Haywires on the Talos & Scourges.  Also squeezed in the Archangel of Pain on the Archon  Twisted Evil

HQ
1 Archon ~ Huskblade, Soultrap, Shadow field, Webway portal, Archangel of Pain ~ 170
Joins Court of the Archon ~ 6 Slyth, 2 Medusae ~ 200 (majority T5 unit Yey!)

1 Succubus ~ Agoniser, Armour of Misery, Webway portal ~ 150
Goes with Grotesques

Troops

Elites
5 Grotesques ~ Aberation with Agoniser ~ 210

6 Trueborn ~ 2 Dark lances ~ 106

Fast Attack
6 Scourges ~ 4 Heat lances ~ 136

Heavy Support
3 Talos Pain Engines ~ Twin-linked Haywire blasters ~ 390

• Uses Combined arms detachment (to get the Objective secured on the troops).  Warlord takes Strategic traits and aims for Master of Ambush (infiltrating Taloi!) or Strategic Genius (since I have 3 units in reserve).
• So the plan is to have the Grots & Court to deepstrike in the best places (usually behind the opponent to trap them between these units and the talos).
• Maybe combine the Archangel with the Armour of Misery to cause a bit of carnage!  (Can we do this for a -4Ld penalty?)
• The Scourges will generally also deepstrike to hopefully get in a good position to use their lances.  
• Talos move up the centre, hopefully stripping a few hull points on the way & taking fire from my other units.
• Trueborn sit back being snipers.
• Warriors fly around shooting (if the raider jinks do the passangers have to snapfire too?).

(To take it to 2000pts, add an extra Grotesque, 9 Mandrakes (thanks for telling me they don't have pinning anymore (that sucks!), although their Fear may one day combine with the Armour!), & 9 Kymerae with 2 beastmasters)

Thoughts?  (& if I’ve stuffed up any other rules queries…)

Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts   Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 05:12

I'd run two talos and a cronos with the spirit probe so and just walk them up the field. 3+ armor, 4+ fnp for all three from turn 1 if they are within 6' of the cronos.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts   Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 09:20

Bleaksoul Brethren wrote:
I'd  run two talos and a cronos with the spirit probe so and jHuskblade is them up the field. 3+ armor, 4+ fnp for all three from turn 1 if they are within 6' of the cronos.

Second that. I think this build will be the new black. The monsters combo very well now.

Huskblade is AP3 now, so might want to look at your Succubus w/ Archite Glaive to be your main killer now.

Slave
Da Once & Future Git

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts   Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 15:22

That's a really good point there Blacksoul, plus it'll also help out the Grots or Slyths if they get in range. If I cut the Trueborn, a Scourge & change the Succubus' Agoniser for a Glaive, I can squeeze one too!

Here goes:

HQ
1 Archon ~ Huskblade, Soultrap, Shadow field, Webway portal, Archangel of Pain ~ 195
Joins Court of the Archon ~ 6 Slyth, 2 Medusae ~ 200 (majority T5 unit Yey!)

1 Succubus ~ Archite glaive, Armour of Misery, Webway portal ~ 145
Goes with Grotesques

Troops
1 Raider ~ Disintegrator cannon, Night Shield, ~ 70

1 Raider ~ Disintegrator cannon, Night Shield ~ 70

Elites
6 Grotesques ~ Aberation with Agoniser ~ 245

Fast Attack
5 Scourges ~ 4 Heat lances ~ 120

Heavy Support
3 Talos Pain Engines ~ Twin-linked Haywire blasters ~ 390

1 Cronos Parasite Engine ~ Spirit Probe ~ 125

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts   Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pure Dark Eldar 1750pts
Page 1 of 1