THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series   Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08 2014, 17:39

I was reading a thread on Warseer today about what Dark/Eldar and Orks would be like in the great crusade era and someone mentioned that there is a Dark Eldar Lord and bodyguards in one of the books?

Can anyone tell me anything further on this please?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series   Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 00:44

Dark Eldar were featured in the Space Wolves short story Wolf at the Door (I think) in the Tales of Heresy collection.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series   Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 01:09

Yeah, for my money it is one of the best DE stories GW has managed.
It also helps if you really like Space Wolves.

It was whichever was the *1st* short story collection in the series. Tales sounds like the right title to me.
Back to top Go down
deep-sea-captain
Hellion
deep-sea-captain

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series   Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 03:46

There is also a little bit of Dark Eldar in which ever novel covers Vulkans origin story. Not heaps, just a bit. And perhaps a little bit in Angel Exterminatus, but I can't remember whether the guide/s were craftworld or commorites, one of each perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series   Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 05:37

What sort of stuff was in the Vulkan one? I skipped that book because...meh, I don't need to read about 'used to be colored but are now literally black skinned magma eye men' Sphess Mehreens, but good DE stuff might lure me in. ...depending who wrote that one.

Also, I checked my collection - yes, it is specifically 'Tales of the Abyss' that has the DE story,a nd the story is specifically 'Wolf at the Door' by Mike Lee.

It has a Haemonculous, Warriors, Raiders, a giant DE dark tower/spacecraft that they sort of land on a planet, an entire planet living in fear of the reaping that happens once every 'X' years, Space Wolves being super sphess mehreens, and a DE Archon rolling in with a Hell Mask and chewing gum and kicking wolf backside.

It's seriously one of the funner and overall better DE stories in my opinion, though you do accept that each space puppy = about 1,000 men or something in the story, but I'm emotionally used to that in any bit of GW fiction so it doesn't hurt my enjoyment of the DE stuff.
Back to top Go down
deep-sea-captain
Hellion
deep-sea-captain

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series   Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 05:46

Not much in the Vulkan one, nothing very specific. Just some Kabalites and Wyches raiding, a Succubus too. Vulkun gets sick of them raiding his planet and fights back for once. Its no where near the focus of the story at all, just details added into Vulkans background really.
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series   Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23 2014, 20:56

The Eldar raiders in "Butcher's Nails" are probably Dark Eldar. However I am almost certain that some of them are described as wielding 'plague swords' - it's a passing mention that isn't enunciated as clearly as it could have been, likely because it didn't need to be - which could mean that they're actually Chaos Eldar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series   Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar in the Horus Heresy Series
Page 1 of 1