THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cheap way to transport vehicles

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mindstrike1
Slave
Mindstrike1

Cheap way to transport vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Cheap way to transport vehicles   Cheap way to transport vehicles I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22 2015, 14:54

Hi Guys,

So I wanted to know how you guys transport your vehicles. I'm considering getting the new medium gw case for infantry, but I dont want to attempt putting my spiky vehicles in their. Any ideas on what I can do? Thanks
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Cheap way to transport vehicles   Cheap way to transport vehicles I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22 2015, 15:08

I use ikea storage boxes, and magnetise the sails off the raider so they don't stick up. Take off the sail, lie the raider on its side, you can easily get three in a typical sized box.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

PostSubject: Re: Cheap way to transport vehicles   Cheap way to transport vehicles I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22 2015, 21:18

Magnetize everything!
Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite
Unholyllama

PostSubject: Re: Cheap way to transport vehicles   Cheap way to transport vehicles I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22 2015, 21:53

If you put sales, chain snares, and trophy poles on any of your vehicles, battle foam is about the only option that I've found to be decent. Sadly a couple of their foam still require you to remove the sales and such since they are about an inch too short.

Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

PostSubject: Re: Cheap way to transport vehicles   Cheap way to transport vehicles I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22 2015, 22:10

Really, I got magnets in fix positions on any transport to easily put on snares or trophies. Also sails and guns are magnetised and to some degree the rudders, too. Even decorations, stolen form other 40k kits. Well, maybe I got carried away, I even magnetized the base of my flyer .... but good for transportation!
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Cheap way to transport vehicles   Cheap way to transport vehicles I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2015, 04:52

Do you got pictures of that? I'd like to see that.

Kabalite Warrior
@miral

PostSubject: Re: Cheap way to transport vehicles   Cheap way to transport vehicles I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2015, 07:21

I have my stuff at a friends, but I will take some pictures this sunday. I put that in my phone so I don't forget it .)
For the flyer, I basically drilled and glued three magnets into the transparent plastic. I used 1mm and 3mm magnets (the big one in the cross section) and supported it with two pins. And then I glued a stone on the base for at least some decoration. Still works Smile

For the rest of my vehicles I used the same kind of magnets. You want to have bigger ones for the sail and the base and 1mm for all that little stuff like sponsons and trophies.

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Cheap way to transport vehicles   Cheap way to transport vehicles I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2015, 19:55

I only have a magnet on the sails and didn't add trophies at all. I don't like them. Keep it pure and simple. But I use the skeleton heads of the heavy dark elf infantry for my true born. But that's another topic.

Kabalite Warrior
@miral

PostSubject: Re: Cheap way to transport vehicles   Cheap way to transport vehicles I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26 2015, 22:14

I just took some pics of my magnetized stuff, including flyer and transprotation.

Here is the link to the post
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12107-transportation-and-magnets#135778
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap way to transport vehicles   Cheap way to transport vehicles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheap way to transport vehicles
Page 1 of 1