THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Venom Spam

Go down 
+7
Vasara
Leninade
Deamon
Azdrubael
CptMetal
Jimsolo
JackKnife01
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Venom Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venom Spam   Venom Spam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30 2015, 05:03

My Normal Full DE 2k list is, as you see only 3 Venoms Smile

Archon Clonefield, X4 Un-Ghols Venom SC

Trueborn Blasters x3 Venom SC

Raider 5man, Blaster DL
Raider 5man, Blaster DL
Raider 5man, Blaster DL
Raider 5man, Blaster DL
Raider 5man, Blaster Dis Cannon
Raider 5man, Blaster Dis Cannon

Scourges x4 WHB
Scourges x4 WHB

Ravager DL x3
Ravager DL x3
Ravager DL x3

I win MUCH more than I lose, Honestly I lose to Eldar and BA the most. The Ignore Cover and Scatter Lasers from Eldar is to much, and 3 Storm Ravens is to much lol.

But I dont always take just DE, I will take Coven and Eldar alot, but b.c I play so much, 2-4 games a week, I tend to Run the same lists over and over again, I will run a list 20x easily in a couple months.

Im starting ot Run 5 Radiers, 3 Venoms, 3 Ravagers and then Eldar allies.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Venom Spam   Venom Spam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30 2015, 10:58

Why true born in a Venom? I would definitely put them into a Raider with a night shield. You can profit from a 3+ cover save and still shoot normally. And you need to be tough because 18 inch isn't that great for a weapon.

But why do you use 5 men in a Raider? Why not 10 with racks?
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Venom Spam   Venom Spam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30 2015, 14:28

I usually run trueborn in a venom too, with ns if I can afford it. I get why people use them in venoms though. Pop the tank, shoot the guys inside with the venom. But I also run warriors in raiders as 5 man squads with blasters. Its a decent priced unit with 2 dark light weapons that you can spam. I'm my 1500 pt list I'll run 2 raiders 5 man with blasters, then 2 raiders 10 man with wracks
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Venom Spam   Venom Spam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30 2015, 19:30

CptMetal wrote:
Why true born in a Venom? I would definitely put them into a Raider with a night shield. You can profit from a 3+ cover save and still shoot normally. And you need to be tough because 18 inch isn't that great for a weapon.

But why do you use 5 men in a Raider? Why not 10 with racks?

Probably because its less bang for your bucks

Both has its uses. If you want it more durable you go for NS raiders, if you want more firepower you go for venoms.
I also would recommend venoms against anything that has access to "ignore cover".
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Venom Spam   Venom Spam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31 2015, 06:59

I like my troops in Raider b.c the body of the vehicle is larger, I play normal BrB cad for ObjSec, I also Only do 5 to keep it cheap and 1 more HP, the extra few poison shots doesnt make a big enough difference for my to justify the points.

The Trueborns are in Venoms b.c the Blasters will do nothing turn 1 and sometimes turn 2, I use them as a Long range Anti Infantry for turns 1-2 keeping them alive. I do this for anti DS units also, and to help keep them alive until I really need the PUNCH of 3-6 Blasters.

BUT I will time to time do a Raider with Dis Cannon, NS Archon WWP/HWG with 4 Blaster borns with another HWG and just wreck 1 thing XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venom Spam   Venom Spam - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venom Spam
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2