THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar vs Necrons

Go down 
+3
Tainted
Mngwa
Ubernoob1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

Dark Eldar vs Necrons Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar vs Necrons   Dark Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeWed May 06 2015, 08:59

Hello everyone! I haven't linked a video report that I participated in for a while, but a new one has been played and made!

Do note the video is rather long as we do enjoy those sorts a bit better. I apologize for anyone who does have the time or does not care for such long videos and thank you for your time reading.

Please enjoy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Necrons   Dark Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeWed May 06 2015, 18:18

Just watched it, looked like a great game. I do think it is a bit weird how you switch out the dice every time, although that isn't anything that bothered too much.

I don't want to spoil anything if someone hasn't watched that, but my favourite part was definitely that haemonculus who was with the wracks.
Pile on all the units you want, necrons... He isn't leaving alone!
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Necrons   Dark Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeWed May 06 2015, 22:47

It's just one of those dice habits people get. I don't always do it, generally when I feel it's really important. Unfortunately that's fairly often in the games I play... The "idea" is that the dice that have hit have used up their rolling for that attack/shooting so I need different ones for wounding. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tainted
Slave
Tainted

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Necrons   Dark Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2015, 10:12

Thoroughly enjoyed it.
I laughed aloud multiple times. Keep posting!
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Necrons   Dark Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2015, 18:00

Thanks for posting. Good game and nice win. I was particularly glad to see the Grotesques do some work, as I think the Coven units are the real gem of DE in 7th edition.
Back to top Go down
mrbenis
Hellion
mrbenis

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Necrons   Dark Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2015, 10:54

So how would you rate your unit performance by type over all?

I've watched a few of your groups videos and wondered if you have had enough time to form a general impression of on-table performance vs theoretical performance?
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Necrons   Dark Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2015, 14:20

mrbenis wrote:
So how would you rate your unit performance by type over all?

I've watched a few of your groups videos and wondered if you have had enough time to form a general impression of on-table performance vs theoretical performance?

Well as an above post mentions, Grotesques do well normally. It does scare me a little when they hit a unit and the unit doesn't fold immediately since there is very little else I can do to give them more oomph. Dark Artisan is pretty good, but far from invincible. I've had a game where the talos in the formation died the very next opponents shooting phase after deep striking in.

Wracks are still pretty much the same as they have been (minus the 7e change to poison melee from 6e) but they suffer a similar "problem" that I notice a lot of our units have. Yes dual wielding poisoned melee weapons is great. But against T4 models they're no better offensively than any other S4 dual wielding unit. But I do heavily enjoy leadership penalty stacking, especially against the armies that it makes the biggest differences against (Eldar and Necrons for example) so I do highly recommend coven grotesques with a Armour of Misery Succubus. <3

Venoms and raiders with warriors are also generally the same as they've been. They're good, but obviously not the most durable.

Reavers I'm actually having some trouble with. I know there is probably a lot I could have done with that game otherwise, but early on I was terrified of moving my reavers forward for fear of exactly what happened to that first reaver squad.

Overall I'm still trying to tinker with the codex. I want to run melee heavy lists, but so far I'm having trouble balancing having either just enough ranged for support or anti-vehicle weaponry, or simply feeling comfortable fielding anything other than grotesques and the dark artisan. I'm probably going to start trying wyches in my lists simply because dangit I wanna use wyches >_<

Also thank you all for watching our videos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mrbenis
Hellion
mrbenis

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Necrons   Dark Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2015, 16:40

If you're going to go with wyches I'd recommend dropping the talos' and go for razorwings and more bikes instead.

Succubus
Succubus

5 Wyches in venom
5 Wyches in venom
10 Wyches in raider (attached succubus)

Reavers x6 with caltrops
Reavers x6 with caltrops
Reavers x6 with caltrops

Razorwing with lances
Razorwing with lances
Razorwing with lances

I would either equip my succubi with hydra gauntlets or shardnet/impaler combo. I wouldn't personally use the archite glaive because it's overpriced and things like succubi will die pretty quick.

Much like everything else in the DE line up just try to drown them in dice. The more dice you roll the more saves they'll inevitably fail.

my 2c anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Necrons   Dark Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2015, 20:14

Unfortunately I don't have that many reavers or razorwings, also 10 wyches + 1 succubus is 11 models? o.o
Back to top Go down
mrbenis
Hellion
mrbenis

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Necrons   Dark Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2015, 04:22

Oh I see you're right yeah. 9 wyches + 1 succubus.

I was thinking of something else at the time. I never worked out what the points values are for it but it turned out to be 1398pts for the list. I might actually use that...
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Necrons   Dark Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeWed May 27 2015, 20:55

Quote :
Succubus
Succubus

5 Wyches in venom
5 Wyches in venom

Reavers x6 with caltrops
Reavers x6 with caltrops
Reavers x6 with caltrops

Razorwing with lances
Razorwing with lances
Razorwing with lances
Problem with this list is something sneezes at you, you die. This list is paper weight in paper weight army and that's a terrible thing to do. Any good player would simply ruin you because you have next to none shooting and not even a single unit that can take some hits, like Grotesques or Wracks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/StarHorsePaints
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Necrons   Dark Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17 2015, 02:02

An AV13 MECH list would not be a fun encounter.

Thanks for the vid Ubernoob1. A great watch....those reanimation rolls are crazy! Needs more Instant Death me thinks *insert evil laugh here*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Necrons   Dark Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar vs Necrons
Page 1 of 1