THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?

Go down 
+22
Calyptra
The Strange Dark One
stilgar27
Archon Rievect
helvexis
lament.config
The Shredder
amishprn86
CrushTen
CurstAlchemist
Rokuro
Unholyllama
Jimsolo
Sensei
Klaivex Charondyr
Tittliewinks22
CptMetal
Squidmaster
Deamon
The_Burning_Eye
Count Adhemar
JackKnife01
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2015, 22:37

While we want to be our own a few more buffs wouldn't have hurt. The price breakdown on the mandrake vs scorpions is sad. I can even live without battle focus since we have power from pain. Incubi need grenades. wyches and blood brides need some serious work to be relevant and he'll while we are at it can we get ghost plate for the trueborn. Also, the Archon misses his ap 2 badly
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2015, 02:27

lament.config wrote:
The price breakdown on the mandrake vs scorpions is sad.

Sadder than that actually, I forgot scorpions come with plasma grenades (assault and defensive).

These differences though are really just the most obvious tip of an unbalanced iceberg.  Reminds me of 7th edition fantasy again where 2-3 armies were un-freaking-beatable, and everyone else just basically quit.  GW skillfully killed their own game.

It certainly made me quit fantasy, probably forever.

Last edited by stilgar27 on Mon May 11 2015, 02:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : goofed the quote format)
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2015, 02:42

Since we have a 7th ed book, and historically, GW hasn't been all that interested in releasing codices for us, I expect that we'll be using the one we've got for a long time to come.

I'd really like to see units like Mandrakes and Hellions be useful, and I'd like to see our rules match our fluff a bit better. (We don't need Battle Focus, but Kabalites should be closer to Aspect Warriors than Guardians.) Given that we've always been the red-headed step-Eldar, I don't really expect it to happen.

As for a gargantuan monstrous creature of our own, I agree that the pattern so far has been for us to have pain engines where our cousins have Wraith constructs. I'm dubious about getting one that big, though in fairness, we don't know how big the Children of Bone's creations are. That said, I think if they wanted to give us a Covenite parallel to the Wraithknight, we'd have gotten it in our current book.

Rather than going gargantuan, I'd rather get more monstrous-sized pain engines. According to the books there's supposed to be lots of types in addition to the two we have now.

Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2015, 06:30

JackKnife01 wrote:
To the Eldar Codex: Commorragh, that would make me too angry. We are different. I do not want to "fall in line" we are our own.

"Dark Eldar: Kabals", "Dark Eldar: Covens" and "Dark Eldar: Wych Cults" is what I'd rather have. It just seems more plausible both for the game and the fluff.

Still, I don't really like the trend I see forming with the AdMech. GW is pretty much cutting factions appart, so to play the whole faction, people have to buy multiple codices.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2015, 09:33

I don't have a problem if they cut factions apart. Just as you said: codex witch Kult or Coven or Kabale would be exactly that. But it would be great.

As for the superiority of Eldar. Has anybody of you actually played against them?

Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2015, 11:19

Quote :
As for the superiority of Eldar. Has anybody of you actually played against them?

6 games so far with my friend playing my Dark Eldar. He knows his Eldar in and out and he also knows to play my DE well.
Results:

Him with a fairly competitive DE army (1750 points) and me with a more "colorful" Eldar army (read: did not bother too much about unit selection but still stayed away from "bad" units)
These 2 games were even more one sided than playing against Serpent spam, games were over at turn 4.

Next two games we kept the mode but I gave him 2k points against my 1750.
No difference. Even with 250 extra points the game ended pretty soon.

For the last 2 games I randomized my army (literally rolling dice which units/formations I HAVE to take).
Not as one sided as the previous games but he still lost and given the game mode he was pretty much frustrated at the end of the weekend.
There was not a single situation where we ever felt the games were "close"
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2015, 12:35

Anybody else some experience? A friend of mine is a very good chaos and Ork player and I would love to see him fight those Eldar.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2015, 13:00

The superiority (or otherwise) of the Eldar is a topic for another thread really. Let's not derail this one.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2015, 13:19

Honestly if we just get a New FW item I'd be happy... We dont really have anything new or exciting in FW area Sad

I know alot dont like FW, but lets be honest, at least they arnt Eldar.

Also, we might get a Asdrubael Vect book. Imagine him as LoW with a av 14 Raider w/ 3 Cannons that are str D shots Smile

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2015, 19:08

CptMetal wrote:
I don't have a problem if they cut factions apart. Just as you said: codex witch Kult or Coven or Kabale would be exactly that. But it would be great.

It's just that I'm not looking forward to spend €150 on rulebooks for my faction instead of €50...

amishprn86 wrote:
Also, we might get a Asdrubael Vect book. Imagine him as LoW with a av 14 Raider w/ 3 Cannons that are str D shots Smile

Lord of War? Definitely.
AV 14? Maybe. He had that before. But I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dais nerfed to all-around AV 11.
Destroyer weapons? No way. Vect is a strategist and sometimes duelist, not an artillery commander.
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2015, 19:24

Isn't it in one of the novels that Vect favors surprising his enemies with secret weapons of enormous firepower? A D weapon of any sort on his Dais wouldn't be out of character. I'm still hoping the Dais gets chariot rules.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2015, 20:29

lament.config wrote:
Isn't it in one of the novels that Vect favors surprising his enemies with secret weapons of enormous firepower? A D weapon of any sort on his Dais wouldn't be out of character. I'm still hoping the Dais gets chariot rules.

Exactly what I've been thinking about Vect, but with GW... who knows, probably not.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2015, 02:23

I think GW (usually) pays attention to its own lore and history when writing Codices and (to a lesser extent) rules, but I think they ignore what comes out of the Black Library.

Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2015, 07:51

lament.config wrote:
I'm still hoping the Dais gets chariot rules.

That would mean Vect couldn't get out the Dais, he couldn't join any units, and he would by killed easily be a few glances or even one pen.
Chariots are awful for characters. Just look at Logan Grimnar. He is much more survivable without Stormrider.

That said, I'm totally expecting GW to do this.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2015, 15:34

Rokuro wrote:
lament.config wrote:
I'm still hoping the Dais gets chariot rules.

That would mean Vect couldn't get out the Dais, he couldn't join any units, and he would by killed easily be a few glances or even one pen.
Chariots are awful for characters. Just look at Logan Grimnar. He is much more survivable without Stormrider.

That said, I'm totally expecting GW to do this.

I would HOPE for a Vect book and he has 2 options (Like the SW book) One in chariot other as an IC for use to join units.

Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2015, 15:47

A Vect book tha would be a Kabal of black Hearth supplement would be awesome... so GW won't do it :p
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2015, 15:50

Deamon wrote:
A Vect book tha would be a Kabal of black Hearth supplement would be awesome... so GW won't do it :p

Yeah they seem to only want to have Eldar have anything good.

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2015, 16:06

And the supplements seems to be going the way of the dodo quite rapidly, ours was the last one they released?

Thing is, Kabal of the Black Heart are also the quintessential Kabal, it'd be like them releasing an Ultramarines supplement for the Space Marine codex.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2015, 16:14

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
And the supplements seems to be going the way of the dodo quite rapidly, ours was the last one they released?

Thing is, Kabal of the Black Heart are also the quintessential Kabal, it'd be like them releasing an Ultramarines supplement for the Space Marine codex.

Or like releasing a Black Legion supplement? Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2015, 16:27

Deamon wrote:
The_Burning_Eye wrote:

Or like releasing a Black Legion supplement? Laughing

Not really, because the black legion are a specific arrangement that's atypical of chaos warbands in general, by which i mean they incorporate worshippers of all four gods of chaos freely into their ranks, whereas the typical chaos marine army doesn't - it either focuses on one specific god or the whole pantheon, whereas the Black Legion worships each one individually as well.

I guess what I'm saying is that the Black Legion isn't the template on which all chaos marine armies are based, whereas both the Kabal of the Black Heart and the Ultramarines are exactly that.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2015, 16:39

True but you can do a BL from the CSM codex in the same way you can do a Kabal from the DE codex... but they still made a supplement. While I'm not holding my breath, they already showed that it would not prevent them from releasing a Kabal supplement
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2015, 16:45

Deamon wrote:
True but you can do a BL from the CSM codex in the same way you can do a Kabal from the DE codex... but they still made a supplement.  While I'm not holding my breath, they already showed that it would not prevent them from releasing a Kabal supplement

That's a fair point. I'd rather see a supplement for Wyches first though!

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2015, 16:53

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Deamon wrote:
True but you can do a BL from the CSM codex in the same way you can do a Kabal from the DE codex... but they still made a supplement.  While I'm not holding my breath, they already showed that it would not prevent them from releasing a Kabal supplement

Only if they make them useable!

glares at Howling Banshees and Flayed Ones Mad

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2015, 17:19

What about Orcs and SW? they both got supplements (Same way DE did) but they dont really have added factions within books.

It doesnt have to be a faction,  The idea of a Vect Supplement is based on, He is our LoW, we dont have him nar a LoW and every other book so far does have a  LoW.

Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2015, 06:53

Count Adhemar wrote:
The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Deamon wrote:

Only if they make them useable!

glares at Howling Banshees and Flayed Ones Mad

A wyches book would be awesome. Regardless, and back to the point of the thread. I would like to see another unit appear in our heavy support slot or just a lord of war in general. I'm totally okay with the idea of a GC or Vect in any form. My one request is high strength (or D) and being mobile so it can keep up with the army. Why couldn't the heamonculi build a monstrous creature with wings and 4 arms? In a mockery of the keeper of Secrets..in a way giving Slannesh the finger since they cheat death and all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next