THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?

Go down 
+22
Calyptra
The Strange Dark One
stilgar27
Archon Rievect
helvexis
lament.config
The Shredder
amishprn86
CrushTen
CurstAlchemist
Rokuro
Unholyllama
Jimsolo
Sensei
Klaivex Charondyr
Tittliewinks22
CptMetal
Squidmaster
Deamon
The_Burning_Eye
Count Adhemar
JackKnife01
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2015, 08:18

I actually expected the witches to be immune to over watch when I heard DE were getting a new book. I was very disappointed when I saw they didn't. Now banshees have it..
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2015, 09:18

shadowseercB wrote:
I actually expected the witches to be immune to over watch when I heard DE were getting a new book. I was very disappointed when I saw they didn't.  Now banshees have it..

No reason for Wyches to be immune to overwatch but is it really too much to ask for them to get their Dodge save against it? It's not like they have power weapons or increased movement for less than 3 points per model!!

JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2015, 18:19

Bloodbrides should be somewhat better in options. Like at the very minimum power weapons per 3 or something
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2015, 19:23

Agreed bloodbrides need more weapon options.
Back to top Go down
The PayneTrayn
Hellion
The PayneTrayn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2015, 21:32

Call me cynical, but if GW makes a Wych supplement, I half expect the turn 6 ability for power from pain to be allowing the dodge on overwatch, and no overwatch for turn 7.

Realistically, wyches should be WS 5, with bloodbrides WS 6.

*sigh* The new eldar codex makes me sad.
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2015, 22:38

Wyches should be and have little to know shooting weapons. Alas, those are called incubi but for some odd reason they all have great ballistic skill.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14 2015, 00:27

I'd rather see better formations with large WWP (Like a Blast marker size that lets 3-5 raiders DS'ing through it and gain added rules).

I would feel more DE if we had stuff like that than a giant MC/GC

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14 2015, 04:40

True. Something that allows us to destroy things from no where. Also, cannot believe this hasn't been hit yet.....Reduced cost for Raiders. Maybe by 10? I mean rhinos and drop pods are 35.....I understand we have bonuses to use but seriously 55?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14 2015, 11:33

JackKnife01 wrote:
True. Something that allows us to destroy things from no where. Also, cannot believe this hasn't been hit yet.....Reduced cost for Raiders. Maybe by 10? I mean rhinos and drop pods are 35.....I understand we have bonuses to use but seriously 55?

If jink and assault from open top wasnt a think then yes.

Dont be surprised if next SM book Rhinos get a 15pt Assault ramps (making them 50pts).

But yes, I want to see AMAZING Army assaulting, fast out of no where formations Sad

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14 2015, 11:52

amishprn86 wrote:
JackKnife01 wrote:

If jink and assault from open top wasnt a think then yes.

Dont be surprised if next SM book Rhinos get a 15pt Assault ramps (making them 50pts).

But yes, I want to see AMAZING Army assaulting, fast out of no where formations Sad

I'd be amazed if they did - the model would require an overhaul for a start! The assault ramps granted to Land Raiders and Storm Ravens are always represented by an opening on the front of the vehicle. Rhinos and Razorbacks main door is at the rear. Whilst i realise that they all have side doors, some of which function as assault and others don't, the difference (and therefore as I see it the justification for the rule) is the door on the front.

Of course the irony is that actually there's an argument that the Rhino should be the assault transport as it tends to carry troops who need to get into combat rather than terminators, who can pretty much stand around and take a turn of fire (unless you roll 2+ saves like me).

Raiders at 55 I'm completely happy with, I'd rather take them at that cost than a Rhino at the cheaper level.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14 2015, 13:06

I could see an assault variant rhino. Still as far as rumors, black Templar get their own book again, and I would just use a casetus assault ram. Now as far as our raiders....I would like to see something new come out for them. Idk what....frag grenade launcher type things for incubi.
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2015, 00:36

doesnt really make sense for Dark Eldar to have a super heavy as anywhere there is a super heavy and its forces stationed the DE wouldnt bother raiding it. Unless of course it was to prove that they could and then they wouldnt use one as a point of pride.

however we do need something to counter super heavies which we currently lack, i actually really liked the old Ravager titan hunter formation in apocalypse as it was a good counter to most super heavies and kept the theme of insane raiders
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2015, 02:19

Aside from a Monstrous Creature from the Covens the only other thing that makes sense to me as a super heavy for Dark Eldar would be some kind of Pirate (Space) Ship weapons platform (My thinking being something between the Tau Manta and Tiger Shark in size and scope).

I still prefer the Dark Eldar getting more tools to defeat Monstrous Creatures and Super Heavies instead of getting their own.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2015, 07:43

A Reaper style ship, with a Str-D Beam Lance, 150pts AV 11/11/10 w/ FF optional Smile

Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2015, 08:26

helvexis wrote:
doesnt really make sense for Dark Eldar to have a super heavy as anywhere there is a super heavy and its forces stationed the DE wouldnt bother raiding it. Unless of course it was to prove that they could and then they wouldnt use one as a point of pride.

Just because it's big doesn't mean it has to be slow though.

[Edit:] Sorry, I just noticed that I misinterpreted helvexis's post.

Last edited by Rokuro on Fri May 15 2015, 12:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2015, 09:12

Rokuro wrote:
helvexis wrote:

Just because it's big doesn't mean it has to be slow though.

True. Our only actual LoW is the Revenant Titan which moves 36" ignoring all terrain!

JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17 2015, 06:56

I would want one of those!
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17 2015, 12:41

I always wished GW would make something like this: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 Wh40K__DarkEldar_Tormentor_by_StugMeister

Courtesey of Stugmeister

Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 01:49

Jimsolo wrote:
We will get D strength gargantuan creatures once everyone else has gotten something better.

so when we get the super-heavy barge of awesome the'll be deploying teleporting titans onto the field...joy Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?   Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar WraithKnight Equvilant?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4