THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First Army ever (1.850 pts)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Paland
Slave
Paland

First Army ever (1.850 pts) Empty
PostSubject: First Army ever (1.850 pts)   First Army ever (1.850 pts) I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2015, 13:25

Hallo.

Im new to Warhammer 40k and thx to SkaredCast, the guys on Splintermind (Thor665 and Evil Space Elf. Ps love your show) and StrikingScorpion82. I have falden for Dark Elf, for there looks, play style and fluff.

I have made this list, but befor i go out and start betting all the figures, i woot like to hear all your more experienced guys and girls take on it.

First Detachment, Covenite Coterie Detachment.

HQ: 235 pts.

1 Haemonculus: Scissorhand and sindriq's Sump (so if the Grotesques gets fleet, he can use it too)  - He is to go with the first unit of Grotesques in the Grotesquerie formation. - 90 pts

1 Haemonculus: Mindphase Gauntlet, The Nightmare Doll and a Webway Portal. - To go in the Dark Artisan formation. - 145 pts.

Elites: 510 pts.

2 units of 3 Grotesques with 2 Liquifier Guns and 1 Aberration with a Scissorhand. Both units in
Raider's with Dark lance's and Enhanced Aerthersails (so they can quicker go after tagert enermis) - 255 pts each.

Heavy Support: 255 pts.

1 Cronos with Spirit Probe - To go in the Dark Artisan formation. - 125 pts.

1 Talos with Ichor Injector and Twin-linked Splinter Cannon - To go in the Dark Artisan formation. - 130 pts.

Seconde Detachment, CAD.

HQ: 140 pts.

1 Archon with The Armour of Misery, Shadow Fiels and Afoniser - To join the seconde units of Grotesques. - 140 pts.

Troops: 315 pts.

3 units of 5 Kabalite Warriots (no upgrads) all in Venom's with Splinter Cannons. - 105 pts each.

Fast Attack: 270 pts.

1 Razorwing Jetfighter with Splinter Cannon's. - 140 pts.

1  unit of 5 Scourges with 2 Haywire Blaster's and 2 Blaster. - 130 pts.

Heavy Support: 125 pts.

1 Ravager with Dark lance's.

In total 1.850 pts.

My plan is to deep strike the Dark Artisan formation behinde the enemy line to make havoc. The 2 Grotesquerie, I will use to go after key enemy units. The Razorwing Jetfighter is my air to air defence. The Scourges and the Ravager will go tank hunting. And last the Kabalite Warriots is gona got get objects.

Sorry for the spelling, but im dyslexic.

Thanking you for your help.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: First Army ever (1.850 pts)   First Army ever (1.850 pts) I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2015, 21:02

Ravager + Disintegrator Cannons = win!

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Paland
Slave
Paland

PostSubject: Re: First Army ever (1.850 pts)   First Army ever (1.850 pts) I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2015, 21:09

Unorthodoxy wrote:
Ravager + Disintegrator Cannons = win!

How come? Becurs of the more shots for tank hunting?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: First Army ever (1.850 pts)   First Army ever (1.850 pts) I_icon_minitimeSat May 16 2015, 15:23

Glad to see fresh meat new blood in the hobby!

Looking at the list I can tell you that it would be fun to play, though it sacrifices tank hunting for points spent on close combat with the focus on the Grotesquery and Dark Artisan formations.

On a list note-This is a bit on the technical side, but you are actually running a list with three sources here and not two. You have a CAD with the Kabal units as listed (Archon, Warriors, Razorwing, Scourges, Ravagers) Solid choise, Objective Secured has gone out of vogue with so many players to my complete befuddlement as it is really such an advantage in the game. Where you get the other two sources is taking the two formations (Grotesquery/Dark Artisan). Each is a single stand alone detachment on its own, therefore you aren't running a single Covenite Coterie Detachment. Not a problem, and is totally legal as far as unit choices, but you would need to know this if you played in a league or tournament where many have a two source maximum. Many tournaments such as the ITC are moving towards three detachments, which would make your list legal.

I think the list would function as a fun list that struggles against armored vehicles, but has a very good time in close combat. Play testing is the best tool for army list refinement which is challenging for a new player scrapping the models together for the first time while simultaneously learning an army that has a very steep learning curve.

My only gripe is the Scourge unit with mixed weapons. Though both weapons kill tanks, they do it in different ways, and at two different ranges (18"/24" max range" For the unit to be effective you would want all four weapons firing every turn, thereby reducing the effective range of your Haywire blasters. I've had a hard time with Scourges in games and prefer to use a second Ravager instead, but don't let my own stupidity and shortcomings stop you from having fun and playing the game with the units that you find awesome. They certainly look sexy as hell on the table!

Hope this helps!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Paland
Slave
Paland

PostSubject: Re: First Army ever (1.850 pts)   First Army ever (1.850 pts) I_icon_minitimeSat May 16 2015, 16:14

Thank you for you take on my list and it did help.

I didnt realice that i was using three sources. Being new to the game, i still got alot to lean Smile
Now the hard part is to choice the Grotesquery or Dark Artisan. Not a easy choice, becurs i really like the models Sad
But im still gona order models for both formation. Looking forwort to painting them, just need abit of more pratice first.

I think im gona go for the two Ravager, like you advice. But this is a point i dont like about the Dark Eldars. Becurs allmost all the models look awesome Very Happy

Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: First Army ever (1.850 pts)   First Army ever (1.850 pts) I_icon_minitimeSat May 16 2015, 21:13

Objective Secured = important. Do not listen to the contrary. The ITC missions have accentuated that but even in regular Eternal War mission,s five of six missions make it pretty important.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Army ever (1.850 pts)   First Army ever (1.850 pts) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Army ever (1.850 pts)
Page 1 of 1