THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reaver jetbike - free battle focus

Go down 
+2
Jimsolo
Ispa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ispa
Hellion
Ispa

Reaver jetbike - free battle focus Empty
PostSubject: Reaver jetbike - free battle focus   Reaver jetbike - free battle focus I_icon_minitimeWed May 27 2015, 00:16

Pg 63 (small rule book - black box)

In addition to following all the rules for Jetbikes, if an Eldar Jetbike elects to
Turbo-boost in the Shooting phase, it can move up to 36". If they do not Turboboost,
Eldar Jetbikes may move up to 2D6" in the Assault phase, even if they
have shot in the preceding Shooting phase
or arrived by Deep Strike that turn.
When Eldar Jetbikes move in the Assault phase and do not charge, they treat
difficult terrain in the same way as they do in the Movement phase

Ok how did i not see this....albeit does not happen much for me as i am either jinked and flatout move anyway to get in charge range.

but i was unaware our reaver jetbike's have battle focus for free Shocked

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Reaver jetbike - free battle focus   Reaver jetbike - free battle focus I_icon_minitimeWed May 27 2015, 05:36

You could even interpret those rules to allow you to use the 2d6 and then Charge afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Fulgrym
Hellion
Fulgrym

PostSubject: Re: Reaver jetbike - free battle focus   Reaver jetbike - free battle focus I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05 2015, 20:42

I'm fairly sure you can't do the assault jump and charge afterwards.

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Reaver jetbike - free battle focus   Reaver jetbike - free battle focus I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05 2015, 21:19

It's the last sentence that does if for me, saying that if they move in the assault phase and do not charge treat terrain ...etc therefore if they move in the assault phase and DO charge ......what happens?

It's like they left out the last part to read something like "When charging bikes are slowed by difficult terrain and fight at initiative 1"

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Reaver jetbike - free battle focus   Reaver jetbike - free battle focus I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05 2015, 22:51

Fulgrym wrote:
I'm fairly sure you can't do the assault jump and charge afterwards.

RAI, probably not. RAW, absolutely.
Back to top Go down
Fulgrym
Hellion
Fulgrym

PostSubject: Re: Reaver jetbike - free battle focus   Reaver jetbike - free battle focus I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05 2015, 23:52

Agreed Jimsolo. This sounds a lot like a rules interpretation that was posted on here a few months ago about an arena champion with cluster caltrops being able to declare a challenge and apply all the HoW attacks to the challenged model. RAI, possibly, RAW...maybe due to the wonderfully ambiguous wording of the rules in the BRB. Basically it comes down to how big of a rule-bending turd can I be to snipe that one model.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Reaver jetbike - free battle focus   Reaver jetbike - free battle focus I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06 2015, 02:02

I hadn't thought about the caltrop one, but I'm sure thinking about doing it now...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Reaver jetbike - free battle focus   Reaver jetbike - free battle focus I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06 2015, 08:42

Jimsolo wrote:
I hadn't thought about the caltrop one, but I'm sure thinking about doing it now...

That discussion is here but the tactic doesn't really work in most cases.

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Reaver jetbike - free battle focus   Reaver jetbike - free battle focus I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06 2015, 15:31

How not? As long as your champ makes it to b2b you will get the attacks, and the challenge then makes them all go to the enemy character.

Lol, with the 2d6 assault move before you declare your charge, seems mighty easy!

(I would never do these things in friendly play. These don't seem like RAI.)
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Reaver jetbike - free battle focus   Reaver jetbike - free battle focus I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06 2015, 16:35

Man I dont even know what RAI is anymore.  This game is so off the walls now (and im really enjoying it) I just play it RAW.  House rules and RAI are subjects that seem to ruin the game for me and most people. A simple D6 roll or agreement with your opponent seems to be the best answer if RAW doesnt cover an issue.
I dont interpret that sentence as being able to move the 2D6 then charge though.
Back to top Go down
Fulgrym
Hellion
Fulgrym

PostSubject: Re: Reaver jetbike - free battle focus   Reaver jetbike - free battle focus I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06 2015, 18:33

Thankfully, the local store where I do about 95% of my gaming is owned by one of the judges from Adepticon and he does a very good job of helping us muddle through some of the more vague situations that may pop up.

PostSubject: Re: Reaver jetbike - free battle focus   Reaver jetbike - free battle focus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reaver jetbike - free battle focus
Page 1 of 1