THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Dark Star Tourney List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Venompress
Slave

1850 Dark Star Tourney List Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Dark Star Tourney List   1850 Dark Star Tourney List I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2011, 22:09

So, i've decided to enter my first tourney and I am exploring my opions for a 1850 list. I already have some of the modls listed, but I plan to add many more. I have already seen a venom spam list build and would like to give that a try, but I don't know if the DL's on the ravagers will be enough. I think I have 15 DL weapons in this list and aroud 11 blaster weapons in it also, but will the SC's on the venoms be enough? Anyhow, take a look and tell me what you think. Thanks

Elite 5 trueborn 4 blasters venom x2 sc
5 trueborn 4 blasters venom x2 sc
5 trueborn 4 blasters venom x2 sc

Troops 5 warriors 1 blaster venom x2 sc
5 warriors 1 blaster venom x2 sc
5 warriors 1 blaster 1 haemi raider
5 warriors 1 blaster raider

Fast 5 scourages 2x DL 3x shardcarbines
5 scourages 2x DL 3x shardcarbines

Heavy 3x ravagers

1850 pts.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Star Tourney List   1850 Dark Star Tourney List I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2011, 23:26

ummm, where is your HQ?

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Venompress
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Star Tourney List   1850 Dark Star Tourney List I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16 2011, 02:57

It is the haemi. in the raider. I just wanted a cheap HQ choice
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Star Tourney List   1850 Dark Star Tourney List I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16 2011, 15:02

First off, you have a weird way of putting your list, but I got the gist of it, let me begin.

HQ: ok choice, but even just for 50 points, he is basically another KP with nothing on him. He has so many good wargear options, you should look into some with the points Im going to save you (will get to that later) My personal favorites are the liquifier and the shattershard. I normally pick either or (your rarely get more than 1 template out of him anyway) and a Venom Blade, but mine normally see combat. But you could also stay with the shooty theme and get an Archon with a Blaster. Its cheap and effective for an HQ.

Elites: They are fine, the only thing I see is drop that 5th TB. You dont want abrasive wounds EVER in dark eldar. 12 points is too much to pay for such a luxury, and its a weak wound at that. Use those points elsewhere, like equipment Razz Points saved: 36

Troops: Fine, but at your almost at 2k, and you only have 4 troops... if only we can get another in here. I dont know why people dont run 6 troops, you need them for so many things, and they are good, and maybe even better, than alot of our FA and Elites slots. We will see if we can add another later. Points saved: 0

FA: Now here is your points sink. Dark Lances on Scourges... really??? They are jump infantry, and jump infantry should always be on the move. So your choices are Haywire Blasters, Heat Lances, and Blasters. Personally I like Haywire Blaster the best out of your options, as I see Heat Lances are a sucicide mission for them, and you can get blasters in better areas. So just do 2 5 man squads with Haywires. Points saved: 60

HS: Fine, but I hope you have FF on them atleast...

So lets see... with 96 points lying around after optimizing the list, I think you seriously lack another troop choice. If we drop one of the scourges and swith them to reavers with a heat lance (same purpose, but gives you some AI as well with the bladevanes) it saves you 52 pts. With that combined with your other points, thats 148, so you can get another warrior/blaster venom squad, and use the last 23 points for upgrades around (maybe something for your lacking haemie)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Venompress
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Star Tourney List   1850 Dark Star Tourney List I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 22:20

Yea, wow! Never knew I had so many wasted points. Thanks for the input. I think I will give some reavers a try and do away with the scourages.
Back to top Go down
Venompress
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Star Tourney List   1850 Dark Star Tourney List I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22 2011, 23:32

So I changed it up a little to try and use some reavers.
I also made it a little easier to read.

HQ: Haemonculus
1 Haemonculus, Venom Blade Venom Blade Liquifier Gun Dark Gate

Elite: Kabalite Trueborn
5 Kabalite Trueborn Blaster x4
1 Venom Splinter Cannon x2

Troops: Kabalite Warriors
5 Kabalite Warriors Blaster x1

Fast Attack: Reavers
3 Reavers Blaster x1 Cluster Caltrops x1

Heavy Support: Ravager
1 Ravager Flickerfield

1 Ravager Flickerfield

1 Ravager Flickerfield

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Star Tourney List   1850 Dark Star Tourney List I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23 2011, 04:12

Venompress wrote:
HQ: Haemonculus
1 Haemonculus, Venom Blade Venom Blade Liquifier Gun Dark Gate
I hope that's just one Venom Blade - there's no gain to taking two.
I, personally, am not all that sold on the Dark Gate, but have no real issues with it.

Quote :
Fine - though what's the purpose of the 5th guy? He's basically just an odd 30 points you're using for *very* negligible gain. I'd drop the extra body in a heartbeat.

Quote :
Good.

Quote :
It's my opinion that either RJBs should be about killing infantry or killing mech - you're paying for both and since you can't shoot and turboboost you're paying to have stuff equipped that you will never use - what's the point? Just to have the option? Meh - save points, make one anti-tank and the other anti-infantry, boom, now you have your options and saved points. The point being that you shouldn't pay for stuff you're not using.

Quote :
1 Ravager Flickerfield
Good.

If it was my list I'd drop 1-3 of the RJB squads to take a 6th Troop option.
As stands, I'd advise focusing the RJBs on anti-tank - you need that in your list quite a bit. You have enough Venoms to drown most infantry, what you want to make sure of is your ability to shred open the metal boxes before you and get to the soft nougat centers.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Star Tourney List   1850 Dark Star Tourney List I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23 2011, 16:14

agree with Thor on this one, try getting that troop choice in because your almost at 2k and only have 4 of them...

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Star Tourney List   1850 Dark Star Tourney List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Dark Star Tourney List
Page 1 of 1