THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Haemonculus themed Army List (Help)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Violets11
Slave
Violets11

Haemonculus themed Army List (Help) Empty
PostSubject: Haemonculus themed Army List (Help)   Haemonculus themed Army List (Help) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 01:54

Hello everyone,

As you can see from the description I am extremely new to Warhammer 40K, but I've already fallen in love with the Dark Eldars, and particularly the Haemonculus.

Here is what I currently own;

• 1x Haemonculus
  • 10x Wych figurines (I bought Wyches because their lore is fascinating, I like poison damage and I think they would work well with vehicles.)

Anyways, my main question is what else would compliment this build? I'm looking to start with 750 points but you can suggest builds that have higher points. I've been looking into Grotesques and Wracks, as well as Scourge but I would like some advice from more seasoned players.

Also I was wondering if I were to have a Haemonculus themed army, should I buy Kabals? Which vehicles would work too?

I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread, this is my first post!
Back to top Go down
grot89
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus themed Army List (Help)   Haemonculus themed Army List (Help) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 12:59

Not that I am an expert on Dark Eldar or anything because I have been playing for years with Chaos space marines, but I have recently switched to haemonculus covens. From what I understand though Wych's are pretty useless tbh they aren't even good for overwatch/cannon fodder. While I like the Haemonculus as well, They really need to be taken out the haemonculus covens supplement codex.

Now if you have a look at the Realspace Raids part of the commorragh tactica section, look for The Repugnant Ramblers by Mushkilla. I think one of Mushkilla's battle reports is a couple of pages in and this will give you a good grounding in what you need for a Haemonculcus covens list.

Usually replies breed replies though so someone with the experience you are looking for should chime in at some point. In the mean time while you wait have a look at everything on the forum tactics/discussion/army lists. I already have and it has helped tremendously Very Happy, This is by far the best forum in all of 40k no joke.

Now I don't have the experience to tell you for certain what to buy/do, So if you can have a look at grotesque's, Talos, Cronos, Wracks, Mandrakes from the Heamonculus covens book that will help a lot. But from what I understand Wracks and Mandrakes are not the best choice out of the covens book.(some people like them some people don't it is really up to you)

Now dark Eldar are a fragile highly mobile, long distance dark light shooting army. While the Haemonculus covens are close combat based with high toughness so they can take a licking and keep on ticking. Hopefully this has helped you a bit, also post a hello on the port of lost souls this is always a good start for new people to the forum.

Last edited by grot89 on Mon Jun 22 2015, 13:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : made mistakes)
Back to top Go down
Violets11
Slave
Violets11

PostSubject: Re: Grot89   Haemonculus themed Army List (Help) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23 2015, 00:36

Heya! Thanks for replying ^^

As I've been doing my research, I've seen that flack for Wyches but honestly they're just going to be a side detatchment separate to the x amount of Haemonculus Covens I'd be building anyway. I think their armour gives them 6+ Armour Save (kinda crap yeah but I feel lucky Razz) and if anything could be used as a distraction Razz

I looked at Mushkilla's tactics and this might be a silly question, but is the Covenite Cotery Detatchment a requisite? Also I've read for Haemonculus covens you can't even use Mandrakes, and like half of the detachments need Wracks I'm afraid ^^"  Although I do enjoy how you can switch weapons to make both a close range and long distance Army List Smile

This has definitely helped! Thanks again!

P.S Also there's a bit of irony saying the Haemonculus need to be taken out of their own Supplement book ;P
Back to top Go down
grot89
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus themed Army List (Help)   Haemonculus themed Army List (Help) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 03:04

Righto fair enough. I don't have the codex right in front of me at the moment I think it is just the name of the overall force but don't quote me on it though ill have a look when I get home my bad.

something I forgot was you can use both DE and haemy codex (or even elder allies). Like CAD combined arms detachment from the DE codex and Grots detachment or whatever you feel like from the Haemy codex.

but yeah it is an aptly named codex Very Happy and keep an eye on the forum i think that a few people are in the same boat anyway sorry i couldn't be more help.

Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus themed Army List (Help)   Haemonculus themed Army List (Help) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 08:52

The Covenite Coterie is simply the name of the detachment that is available from the supplement. You don't HAVE to use it if you don't want to.

Regarding the Mandrakes (and anything out of Codex: Dark Eldar infact) you cannot mix and match units using the above detachment. One of the detachment restrictions is that if you want to use it, you can only use Haemie, Wracks, Grots, Talos and Cronos. Mixing in some Reavers, Archon, Ravager, Venoms etc

It's a really fun way to play Dark Eldar that offers up different problems and opportunities of it's own.

What units are you keen to try?

Edit: just PM'd you guys too

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus themed Army List (Help)   Haemonculus themed Army List (Help) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haemonculus themed Army List (Help)
Page 1 of 1