THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Incubus themed army.

Go down 
+2
Enfernux
Cavash
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Incubus themed army. Empty
PostSubject: Incubus themed army.   Incubus themed army. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 15:00

Essentially, I wanted to see if a 1500 point army would be feasible when filling all Elite force organisation slots with Incubi, as it fits in with some fluff I’m writing at the moment.
Here’s what I’ve come up with:

4 Incubi w/ Haemonculus, power weapon w/ Venom, Splinter Cannons – 213.

5 Kabalite Warriors w/ Venom, Splinter Cannon - 110.
5 Kabalite Warriors w/ Venom, Splinter Cannon - 110.
5 Kabalite Warriors w/ Venom, Splinter Cannon – 110.
10 Kabalite Warriors, Splinter Cannon w/ Raider, FF, Splinter Racks - 180.

Ravager, FF - 115.
Ravager, FF - 115.
Ravager, FF - 115.

I do realise that this could be quite fragile with the Warriors in Venoms, but they are mainly there to hold objectives while the Venoms swoosh off to provide extra fire elsewhere.
It could be expanded to get up to 2000 points, and I think that it could be quite effective against Space Marines if played correctly.

Has anybody had any experience with a list similar to this before?

Cheers, Cavash.

Incubus themed army. YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Incubus themed army.   Incubus themed army. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 15:07

yes, and after your ravagers die, you dont have AT what so ever. Your incubi are going to get shot the first time they are out of combat on yur opponents turn, and are going to get shot with all ap1-3 weapons, that usually are str6+, so no fnp either. After your shocktroops are down, theres basically no real threat you can come up with. The warriors are a nuisance, but have no real effect - a squad of warriors in raider with cannon splinterracks and a 10 man ig squad lost only 3 men. 4+ saves and coversaves if they dont have the armor.

but...i did hack ork with it Smile Just dont melee the mega armors, they will kill all 3 squads of incubi.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Incubus themed army.   Incubus themed army. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 15:16

I have great luck with Warriors, unlike you. They prove to be rather useful especially while mounted in Venoms, adn I have used the to great effect against Power Armour, I don't know, maybe the Dice Gods just smile upon me. As for extra Anti Tank, I find that the only vehicle I ever face against the opponent in mind is a Venerable Dreadnought, so I am hoping that the Nine Dark Lances will prove enough of a distraction so my men don't get stomped... again. If the lances actually manage to disable him then I will be relieved, but for now I'm not too fussed about AT.
Enemy infantry will likely include some Deathwing and maybe a squad or two of standard Dark Angels, so while all those points have been wasted on a Venerable Dread and Deathwing, I think that my Incubi and Warriors shall be sufficient to capture remaining points and eradicate all remaining Astartes life.

I'm not experienced against Orks, although I would like to face them, just so I could model my Dracon holding a Nob's head in his Agoniser hand.

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Incubus themed army.   Incubus themed army. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 17:42

I would ditch the PW on the haemy and the splinter racks and aim to add blasters to the warrior units... even dropping the splinter cannon on the squad to manage it.

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: Incubus themed army.   Incubus themed army. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 20:53

Ditto on the Blasters. The Blaster isn't just an AT weapon: it's a respectable AI weapon as well. I recommend dropping the big gunboat down and giving the other squads their special weapon.

After that, you are probably better off buying larger squads of Incubi than buying Haemonculi for each, especially if you are fighting Deathwing. You should be aiming to pop a Terminator n the shooting phase, then rush in with a 7-man Incubi squad and sweep them before they can do anything to you. That will get you a Pain Token, and you'll have more dudes. I suggest only taking 1 Haemonculus, or even a Succubus if your fluff can handle it.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Incubus themed army.   Incubus themed army. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07 2012, 10:47

I'd drop the haemys. I know that they're there to give the incubi FNP, but just drop each of your incubi squads into an easy enemy to start them off. I find that the 3+ is generally good enough anyway and I barely ever come across an attack that ignores the armour but not the FNP.

The haemys would give you enough points for some good anti-tank (the ravagers are a good start but not enough), and you really don't need the anti-infantry power of those venoms and warriors if you have that many incubi. Add a few wyches with haywire grenades to help against TH/SS termies (I find wyches are the best way of dealing with them if you have an agoniser there). Then take some small squads of warriors with blasters for objectives and the occasional tank, and you've got a decent list.

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Incubus themed army.   Incubus themed army. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07 2012, 18:18

I'll drop the Haemies, but I'd rather cut back on my Warriors and buy some Scourges instead of buying Wyches. WYches don't fit into the fluff of my army, unfortunately.

I'll find a way of adding some blasters into my squads.

I'll make a modified list shortly.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: Incubus themed army.   Incubus themed army. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07 2012, 23:33

To run incubi you need wyches.
Incubi’s are expensive, and die to powerweapons, fists and s6 or higher. The key to run Incubi is to multi assault with both wyches and Incubi, and let the wyches tie upp those playthings, and let your incubi happily hack the enemies to tiny pieces.

If wyches does not make it because of fluff, how about assault warriors high on drugs. Or wracks
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
p_gray99
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Incubus themed army.   Incubus themed army. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08 2012, 11:22

I agree with talos on that one. Whenever I assault anything half decent at hitting back, both squads come out of it in the "dead pile" corner of the table except for one or two models. Wyches don't hit particularly hard, but agonisers do nice damage and their 4+ invuln save does wonders.
Also, although scourges are a nice idea, they don't work particularly well. You only get 2 special weapons per 5 men, which means not enough to kill a tank easily, while if you give 2 splinter cannons it's generally only 2 extra shots as they always want to be moving. And without extra weapons they simply aren't powerful enough with only 15 shots each (assuming it's squads of 5). If I'm honest, 5 warriors in a vemon with a blaster are generally more useful as they are more versatile.

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Incubus themed army.   Incubus themed army. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08 2012, 18:01

Yes, I agree, Wyches can be useful, but there is absolutely no way that I shall use them for this army, as I am not overly competative. I enjoy playing the game, but for me the fluff, modelling and painting plays a much bigger part in the hobby.
So while I have found Wyches to be good in other lists, with their 4+ invulnerable save, I really cannot include them. I suppose, however, I could have some Hellions, as they fit in with this Incubus Shrine.

I quite like the playing Scourges, though, as they have served me well compared to Blaster wielding Warriors. I find that Blasters (when I use them, at least) never seem to even glance. I just don't have luck with them, but I have found that against a list where I will only face one Dreadnought, and no other vehicles, that nine Dark Lances, a Haywire Blaster and a Heat Lance should be enough to put him down. I will add in some Blasters with my Warriors, however, just for how good they are at mangling Infantry.
If the Blasters manage to do something this time, then I may consider using them regularly.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Incubus themed army.   Incubus themed army. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Incubus themed army.
Page 1 of 1