THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Avian themed army all corners list 600 points

Go down 
+3
Lord_Alino
Unorthodoxy
Theatakcat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Theatakcat
Hellion
Theatakcat

Avian themed army all corners list 600 points Empty
PostSubject: Avian themed army all corners list 600 points   Avian themed army all corners list 600 points I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11 2014, 17:59

Hello, this my army list that I have conducted and I would like to consult the dark city for your views and opinions on this list.
600 points is a peculiar point level but that's my group's standard (because we like playing games quick as we do not have that much spare time).
Anyway my list is themed on flight and birds, so a lot of razorwings and scourges. My main enemies will be Space marines (Razorback deep striking dreadnought and a assault squad death star), blob guard (lots of conscripts and priests) space wolves (he's kind of experimenting with the new codex) and a Tau gunline (lots of firewarriors that castle up and stay in one position with a riptide and sniper kroot).

HQ
Haemonculi 65 points (a sniper Haemonculi)
Hex rifle

Troops
5x Wyches 125 points
Venom with splinter cannons
Haywire grenades

5x Wyches 125 points
Venom with splinter cannons
Haywire grenades

Fast Attack

Beastmasters 156 points
3x Beastmasters
5x Khymera in one pack
4x Razorwing flocks

Scourges 120 points
5x scourges
3x Shardcarbines
2x Haywire blasters (good range and Glancing is the way to go in 7th in my opinion)

591 points (close enough)

Anyway my tactics is to rush the wyches into combat with vehicles, or to harass enemy infantry, or assault them depending on the unit. The Haemonculi is there to sit back an fire his hexrifle into MC's and death stars. The scourges are there to blow up vehicles and to harass infantry and vehicles. While Beast star is there to rush up and cause pressure onto the enemy and charge into infantry or death stars to tie them up.

Anyway I would love some feedback and thank you for reading
from Theatakcat. Smile

Last edited by Theatakcat on Mon Aug 11 2014, 18:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add an opening sentence)
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Avian themed army all corners list 600 points   Avian themed army all corners list 600 points I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17 2014, 21:02

Id drop the Khymerae and take more birdies. Majority toughness is 3 either way and the birds can take a lot of wounds without losing attacks.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Avian themed army all corners list 600 points   Avian themed army all corners list 600 points I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17 2014, 22:46

I don't know Unorthodoxy. I think Khymerae are good at taking hits though with their 4+ invulns.
Back to top Go down
Theatakcat
Hellion
Theatakcat

PostSubject: Re: Avian themed army all corners list 600 points   Avian themed army all corners list 600 points I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17 2014, 23:01

They are both really good, but it depends really what is shooting at them, small arms fire should go on the fire, and high-strength shots should go on Khymerae.

Hellion
spooniermist

PostSubject: Re: Avian themed army all corners list 600 points   Avian themed army all corners list 600 points I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18 2014, 00:06

You're going to do well with this, I think. That said, as much as I love Scourge (and I freakin' love Scourge), they're not very effecient for thier cost, which is something you can't really afford to do at this points level. That said, you have set your sights on a theme, so you should stick with it, just be prepared to use them carefully.

Also, 5 Khymerea and 3 birds is good. An indep chat with the squad is even better so you can look out sir onto the right model, but I don't think that's gonna happen at this points level...
Back to top Go down
alexwellace
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Avian themed army all corners list 600 points   Avian themed army all corners list 600 points I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18 2014, 00:28

I'd suggest swapping the Haywire Blasters into normal Blaster. You look at have your Haywire covered in Wyches but you are lacking any type of AP 2 or high Strength that will be so important at this point level. For example Strength 8 can double out most characters and Crisis Suits which is extremely points effective. They also wound that Riptide on 2's which is nice. Other then that i am sure it will be the Beast Pack that will dictate these games, they are just so good at this point level.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Avian themed army all corners list 600 points   Avian themed army all corners list 600 points I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18 2014, 06:55

Lord_Alino wrote:
I don't know Unorthodoxy. I think Khymerae are good at taking hits though with their 4+ invulns.

Oh they are good. But at that points level?

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Avian themed army all corners list 600 points   Avian themed army all corners list 600 points I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18 2014, 08:14

I think Khymera are an all or nothing approach. If you fail 4 saves in a 20 strong build it's nothing but 4 dead out of 5 you ask yourself what's the point. I say more birds....and swap Haemie for the Baron. At such low pts level you probably will not see any Ignores Cover weapons so just stick to terrain and leap forwards.

Also, I second the Blasters on Scourge unit suggestion. It's not pts efficient, but it's going with your theme

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Avian themed army all corners list 600 points   Avian themed army all corners list 600 points I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18 2014, 11:00

I would definitely agree with 1++ on the Baron.

However, I'd be careful about relying on cover. You've got:

SM -- pretty much every Dread has a Heavy Flamer. Assault Marines may also have Flamers, IIRC.

Tau -- Markerlights if he takes them.

IG -- Flamers are cheap and super cost effective at low points. Expect to see a Platoon Command Squad with 4 Flamers to discourage charges.

SW -- ? not read the new book but pretty much just Dreads if he takes them, I guess.

Not that much Ignores Cover, but a single Flamer hit could cripple the Beastpack or remove a squad of Wychs and that's a big deal.

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Avian themed army all corners list 600 points   Avian themed army all corners list 600 points I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18 2014, 11:45

Well pointed out, I'd ask the opponent where his flamers are and adjust accordingly. Beasts can stay out of flamer range....when you know where that/those flamers are located

PostSubject: Re: Avian themed army all corners list 600 points   Avian themed army all corners list 600 points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avian themed army all corners list 600 points
Page 1 of 1