THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things

Go down 
+5
thesaltedwound
Cavalier
Lord_Alino
spellcheck2001
Filie
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Filie
Hellion
Filie

Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23 2015, 20:54

Hello!

After a lot of heming and hawing I've finally decided to take the plunge on 40k and my as of yet unnamed kabal will (hopefully) spread terror on local tables at least once or twice.

Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things R9R3NRh

It's going to be the colorscheme for the kabal, kind of close to how GW do it, but hey, originality was never my strong suit anyway!

I've also been putting together what will be my 'leader' at the moment he's looking to be a counts as succubus with armour of misery and an Archite glaive, but you never know.

Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things UDmY6e3

and last but not least my Razorwing jetfighter which whilst not yet done is a far better example of what i want the panels to look like on vehicles

Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things Pyp1Wyj

So I hope this has been a good read or what not and i'll keep everyone posted when i finish more of this motley crew.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23 2015, 23:05

A great start Filie. I like the red arm on each of your warriors, it sets the blue colour scheme off nicely and adds a point of interest. Good job on the line highlighting too Smile

SC jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 02:58

I'ma call them the Crimson Arms, Cousins of the Crimson Fists
Back to top Go down
Filie
Hellion
Filie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 08:06

Thanks!

The red arms was mainly meant to separate my warrior squads, since the other one will have red on the left arms/leg plates.

I'm waiting for a few more models to come in but i'll update when they're about done.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 09:04

That's a clever idea, I like it. They're still the Crimson Arms though Razz
Back to top Go down
Filie
Hellion
Filie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 11:20

I can live with that name Surprised
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 12:01

They look really good. I love the red arms... in the new Craftworld codex they showed some really unique squad/loyalty markings a lot of which centered around sleeve markings which I thought was really cool.

Love the color scheme BTW I did something similar with my first DE army
Back to top Go down
Filie
Hellion
Filie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 15:14

I've fiddled with what hopefully will be my first of two units grotesques.

Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things YkHn6wu
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 16:49

Love the posing on the succubus! Great bits use too
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 18:44

I'm liking the grots. Please tell me each one will have a blood stained right or left hand.
Back to top Go down
Filie
Hellion
Filie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 19:37

Yeah! I kinda like the whole red arm deal, Really happy it worked out as far as ideas go
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 22:25

This idea sounds so cool. I might steal it when I'm painting my Blindwater Congregation (Completely different game Razz )
Back to top Go down
Filie
Hellion
Filie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 09:16

Basically finished my second squad of kabalite warriors and a raider, though the raider will be transporting grotesques it was nice enough to line up for a photo anyway.

Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things ZWMa9Ao

And though he's not 100% done, have a talos

Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things MGTNMSk
Back to top Go down
BlackCadian
Kabalite Warrior
BlackCadian

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 12:27

Hey, your Dark Eldar look really good! I like the highlighting especially, very neat and clean! Do you plan on adding any weathering? I think that would go well with your color scheme.
Back to top Go down
Filie
Hellion
Filie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 12:34

I think weathering is a bit of a mixed bag with me personally, it's something that looks good but i'm not really that proficient with it. Plus I'm actively trying a more simplistic approach to most things in my army because usually i add too many things and burn myself through halfway. But I agree it's something that'd be neat.

Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 14:46

Looking great.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26 2015, 17:38

You could always go through and add weathering later on if you felt like it. I get burnt out a lot as well when painting.
Back to top Go down
Filie
Hellion
Filie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02 2015, 11:02

My first haemonculus is pretty much done!

Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things KCAPGwB

Well except for the base ofcourse, but i'll fix that later!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02 2015, 11:40

I like the paint job. That little shank of his makes me laugh every time.
Back to top Go down
Filie
Hellion
Filie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02 2015, 15:00

You are never quite certain of when you'll need to stab someone and then administer a lethal dose of green ooze from the syringe held by the arm that is also attached to your stabbing arm.
Back to top Go down
Filie
Hellion
Filie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03 2015, 19:13

Finished my five haywire scourges

Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things L1BQp73

and i've also started to work on a unit of 6 jetbikes with beint the test  scheme for them.

Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things UWcBtQR

I must say that the entire line of Dark Eldar has been a blast to paint
Back to top Go down
Filie
Hellion
Filie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2015, 10:21

Finished the bike squadron

Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things 3k5wsdt

Doing the panel lines is a lot more fun on a smaller vehicle compared to something like a razorwing.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2015, 21:03

Still loving these models.
Back to top Go down
Filie
Hellion
Filie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07 2015, 17:44

First three grotesques basically done

Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things PmB2E16
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07 2015, 21:37

I will find you, and I will steal you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things   Dark Eldar  Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Kabal of wanting to be pirate-like things
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next