THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Vornath, the Soul Stealer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Painbiro
Kabalite Warrior

Vornath, the Soul Stealer Empty
PostSubject: Vornath, the Soul Stealer   Vornath, the Soul Stealer I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2011, 08:22

The rules for a custom Archon I thought of.

Vornath, Archon of the Kabal of the Shattered Spine 200 pts

WS7 BS7 S3 T3 W3 I7 A4 Ld10 Sv 4+

Wargear
Ghostplate armour, Huskblade, Agoniser, Phantasm grenade launcher

Soulfield: This is a custom clonefield that negates one attack targeting Vornath. Whenever he kills a model, this negation effect is upgraded by 1, to a maximum of 3. After this, every model Vornath kills upgrades his Invulnerable save by 1 (to a maximum of 4+). He can only gain a Soulfield upgrade once per phase. Once he has amassed five or more Soulfield upgrades, Vornath is immune to the Instant Death rule.

Note that the Soulfield works on both shooting and close combat attacks.

Mind Phaser: This dark item is employed by Vornath to ensure his servants follow his orders to the letter and nothing else. Any friendly unit within 6" of Vornath can choose whether to pass or fail Morale checks, and will sacrifice D3 models to the enemy if caught in a sweeping advance. If this happens, the unit is considered to have escaped combat.

Special Rules
Power From Pain, Night Vision, Fleet, Independant Character

Razor Strikes: Vornath's attacks utilise both his Huskblade and Agoniser, so he gets the +1 bonus to his attacks and they always Wound on a 4+ and cause Instant Death regardless of Toughness.

Edit: Removed Blast Pistol, forgot he already had 2 hands full Rolling Eyes
Also upped cost

Last edited by Painbiro on Tue Sep 20 2011, 07:02; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Vornath, the Soul Stealer   Vornath, the Soul Stealer I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2011, 10:18

Vornath.
An Archon with Agoniser, huskblade, blast pistol, ghostplate and PGL is 160 pts.

As you see, he pays nothing for the three (arguably damn good) special wargear/rules, so I think he should cost a lot more. Not sure whether teh Soulfield is overpowered.

Akso, I guess the mindphaser is supposed to only affect friendly units?

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Vornath, the Soul Stealer   Vornath, the Soul Stealer I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 15:28

OP. Lets see, and ID weapon that always wounds on a 4+, a clonefield that gets better as time goes on, and at max he has a 5+ invul (not bad, but consider he ignores 4 attacks and has EW at that time) And on top of that, it works in shooting, so its like "Oh I ignore one shot, and that was your lasconnon... tehe..." And only for 170 points...

He is atleast 230, and the reason he isnt more is because he doesnt become good till after he kills 5 models, which will take 2.5 turns considering he doesnt sweeping advance them with his stupid 4+ ID weapon...

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Painbiro
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Vornath, the Soul Stealer   Vornath, the Soul Stealer I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 06:59

4 attacks? oops. Supposed to be 3.

After calculating Archon wargear etc,
-base is Archon, PGL, Agoniser, Huskblade and Ghostplate, a grand total of 135. Leaving (after making him 200 points) 65 points for a souped up clone field, the Mind Phaser and Razor Strikes. Seems to be about right, since he can't kill anything before he assaults. Big drawback.

Also note the Soulfield can only gain 1 upgrade per phase, so if he sweeping advances someone he should have already killed an enemy meaning that he won't upgrade again.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Vornath, the Soul Stealer   Vornath, the Soul Stealer I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 08:39

Painbiro wrote:
4 attacks? oops. Supposed to be 3.

After calculating Archon wargear etc,
-base is Archon, PGL, Agoniser, Huskblade and Ghostplate, a grand total of 135. Leaving (after making him 200 points) 65 points for a souped up clone field, the Mind Phaser and Razor Strikes. Seems to be about right, since he can't kill anything before he assaults. Big drawback.

Also note the Soulfield can only gain 1 upgrade per phase, so if he sweeping advances someone he should have already killed an enemy meaning that he won't upgrade again.
Posting excessive points cost is prohibited - post all points added together next time. /mod

Also, huskblade costs more than so, so Vornath would cost 150 without his rules.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vornath, the Soul Stealer   Vornath, the Soul Stealer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vornath, the Soul Stealer
Page 1 of 1