THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Supersonic aircraft

Go down 
+3
doriii
Klaivex Charondyr
FuelDrop
7 posters
AuthorMessage
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Supersonic aircraft Empty
PostSubject: Supersonic aircraft   Supersonic aircraft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11 2015, 08:30

Okay. Our flyers have Supersonic.

What use is it?
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic aircraft   Supersonic aircraft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11 2015, 09:21

No use at all.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic aircraft   Supersonic aircraft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11 2015, 09:22

Klaivex Charondyr wrote:
No use at all.

I suspected as much. I was hoping there was something I was overlooking...

EDIT: Remind me again, why can't we vector dance?
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic aircraft   Supersonic aircraft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11 2015, 10:00

Because Eldar do have it and we must be inferior in every aspect of the game.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic aircraft   Supersonic aircraft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11 2015, 10:24

I knew there was a good reason.
Back to top Go down
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic aircraft   Supersonic aircraft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11 2015, 12:36

/best thread ever
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic aircraft   Supersonic aircraft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11 2015, 15:30

The Raven has Vector Dancer. It pays too much for it to be worthwhile, though.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic aircraft   Supersonic aircraft I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12 2015, 17:32

What? You don't know why they gave us supersonic?

It is obvious, for crying out loud.

When there's an apocalypse game, all dark eldar can be like:
"No, I am not going to fly my flier off the table by turning that way... I am going to flat out off the table, going... that way!"

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Taffy10
Hellion
Taffy10

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic aircraft   Supersonic aircraft I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13 2015, 00:41

Even better than supersonic we get night vision on our fliers, good job only night fighting is t1 now so we get maximum use out of it

Its all about the pleasure of watching your opponents prized asset crumble to dust..... The look on their face is priceless lol!
Back to top Go down
Riddip
Hellion
Riddip

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic aircraft   Supersonic aircraft I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14 2015, 23:08

With the new death from the skies rules in the shield of baal campaign you can spend 35pts on your flyer for a 1/3 chance to get some kind of vector strike.

You can have a look here: http://www.40kings.de/2014/11/shield-baal-alle-regeln-fuer-tyraniden-fighter-aces/ (It is a german site, but you can look at the images 2-5 for the english rules)

Laughing
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic aircraft   Supersonic aircraft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18 2015, 11:56

Wouldn't it be great if Supersonic also allowed you to shoot before or after moving flat out? THAT is a rule I could get behind.

As is, it's actually a penalty more than a bonus as it really hurts any attempt at precision movement by increasing our minimum flat out speed. Sad

@Riddip: So you're saying that the only benefit is that if you're playing a certain set of optional rules, and you pay an extra 25% ish of the base cost of our cheapest aircraft, you then have a 1 in 3 chance of the rule being circumstantially useful, but not massively more so than for a flier without it?

Actually, I was looking at the 1d4chan tactica for general 40k, particularly their section on fliers. They list 3 types of flier: Bombers (which they say aren't really worth taking), Dropships (Transport fliers, something we logically should have but don't), and Gunships.
The Razorwing probably qualifies as a gunship, and I will quote:
"Gunships: Are those aircraft that want to take it slow, and stay on the battlefield for as long as possible while providing turn-to-turn fire support. Ideally, gunships should have heavy enough armor to survive stray shots hitting them, or barring that should have access to extended firing arcs and/or Vector Dancer/Hovering."

What do we not have? Armour, good firing arcs, Vector Dance, Hover. So all the stuff that is considered good for our role, we lack.

Par for the course by this point.

I broke my DE army out of storage about 2 months ago. Since then I have become steadily more and more depressed by how terribly unbalanced our codex is, with at least half the units sucking horribly at their specialization and even those that do their job being at best lackluster. It's enough to make an Archon cry, it really is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic aircraft   Supersonic aircraft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Supersonic aircraft
Page 1 of 1