THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

aircraft cannot be charged

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

aircraft cannot be charged Empty
PostSubject: aircraft cannot be charged   aircraft cannot be charged I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2020, 15:01

ok this has been discussed a bit before in the rumor thread but i think this deserves a thread of its own...
So according to the new aircraft rules no unit can END ANY KIND OF MOVE within engagement range of enemy aircraft models.
So if we all agree that a charge is a kind of move (which we should) then this practically means that aircraft are unchargable, even by units that can fly.
What are your thoughts on it do you think this is a false interpretation of the rules, working as intended or something that slipped through and will be FAQed and do you agree that as it stands the above is true...?
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: aircraft cannot be charged   aircraft cannot be charged I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2020, 17:29

DevilDoll wrote:
ok this has been discussed a bit before in the rumor thread but i think this deserves a thread of its own...
So according to the new aircraft rules no unit can END ANY KIND OF MOVE within engagement range of enemy aircraft models.
So if we all agree that a charge is a kind of move (which we should) then this practically means that aircraft are unchargable, even by units that can fly.
What are your thoughts on it do you think this is a false interpretation of the rules, working as intended or something that slipped through and will be FAQed and do you agree that as it stands the above is true...?

The Airborn rule in the codex trumps the rulebook.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: aircraft cannot be charged   aircraft cannot be charged I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2020, 21:37

Even if i would agree that airborn trumps the rulebook (which im not sure it does since its an older rule compared to a newer one), the way the rules are written conflict with each other.
Meaning that airborne "can only be charged by units that can FLY" would allow a flying unit to be able to declare a charge, but after you do you have to take into account the new rule which says that you cannot end said move (the charge) within the aircrafts angagement range...
Now let me be clear i dont want to be THAT guy, i just want to point out that GW even now after so many years and editions can turn simple things into twisted mindf**ks...
Back to top Go down
Grimoire
Hellion
Grimoire

PostSubject: Re: aircraft cannot be charged   aircraft cannot be charged I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2020, 15:36

At the risk of derailing this into an anti-GW thread which is *not* my intention. Can some enlightened soul elaborate on HOW anything that doesn't fly could charge an object that does ? (assuming said object is in the air of course)

I'm a pathetic noob so probably need a clue or two

Last edited by Grimoire on Wed Jul 29 2020, 15:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bone headed spelling error)
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: aircraft cannot be charged   aircraft cannot be charged I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2020, 20:25

World War Z

Skulnbonz and Sarcron like this post

Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: aircraft cannot be charged   aircraft cannot be charged I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2020, 21:19

DevilDoll wrote:
Even if i would agree that airborn trumps the rulebook (which im not sure it does since its an older rule compared to a newer one), the way the rules are written conflict with each other.
Meaning that airborne "can only be charged by units that can FLY" would allow a flying unit to be able to declare a charge, but after you do you have to take into account the new rule which says that you cannot end said move (the charge) within the aircrafts angagement range...
Now let me be clear i dont want to be THAT guy, i just want to point out that GW even now after so many years and editions can turn simple things into twisted mindf**ks...

Yup, with current RAW, units with FLY can declare a charge against an aircraft, but they are unable to end their charge move within engagement range, so said charge will always fail. HOWEVER, units with FLY *can* consolidate or heroically intervene within engagement range of aircraft.

I suspect that GW may throw in a line of errata to clear this up, as it probably wasn't intentional. However, I wish that it *was* intentional, because even jump pack troops shouldn't be able to easily punch a flying jetfighter. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: aircraft cannot be charged   aircraft cannot be charged I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

aircraft cannot be charged
Page 1 of 1