THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A different kind of wishlist

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

A different kind of wishlist Empty
PostSubject: A different kind of wishlist   A different kind of wishlist I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 20:33

So, there has been a lot of home brew and potential ideas about "fixing" the codex recently. After looking to add some more to my DE force last night I couldn't help but, consider kits the line could use.

There's only one Grotesque model for starters. Yes, I know there are plenty of conversion options for it but, with the buffs to the unit and the formation from the Covens book a box set of 3 or 4 would be amazing for someone just getting into DE.

The Court of the Archon needs some box set love too. Most of the units within are decent (mostly the Sslyth and Medusa imo). A box of 3 or 4 sslyth with 1 of each of the rest could be nice.

Beastpacks..they did get nerfed so this might not sell well but, a beastmaster with a few of each of the beasts would be nice.

It's understood that the DE model range is amazing and that the gaps in it leads to some really sweet conversions but, some like the Sslyth don't have any good conversions I've seen with GW products. Any way, If any has any good conversions or what would make a nice box set post them.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of wishlist   A different kind of wishlist I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 20:42

Quote :
some like the Sslyth don't have any good conversions I've seen with GW products

Need to finish my castigators. Basically Wraithblades with more spikes and shoulder mounted splinter rifles counts as Sslyth.
But as I do not see them as terribly useful that project is on hold in favor of extending my CSM to daemonkin.
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of wishlist   A different kind of wishlist I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 20:52

I approve and support your sentiment.
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of wishlist   A different kind of wishlist I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 21:20

I'd like to see the castigators as I really enjoyed Path Of the Archon. Still, I like the idea of four armed snake man mercenaries. The inclusion of lesser races into ours is fitting fluff wise too.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of wishlist   A different kind of wishlist I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30 2015, 08:22

IF we're talking new model box seta, what we really need in my opinion are new Incubi.
I can't stand the current ones. Don't get me wrong, they're decent models, but they look TOO much like the Kabaliite Warriors. Apart from the Klaives they just don't stand out enough in terms of their basic armour.
So a decent plastic set of new Incubi, preferably with their hat-guns back, would be ideal for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of wishlist   A different kind of wishlist I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30 2015, 16:13

In order of what I think is needed most.

1.) Plastic Incubi. I like these models a lot but they need to be plastic to make conversions easier (I wanna convert mine).

2.) New Grot box. 3 of them. Plastic.

3.) Dark Eldar Conversion Pack. Lots of stuff for adding to the other box sets. Parts to make better Trueborn (extra special/heavy weapons, extra trophy racks, new helmets, random spiky bits), Bloodbrides (alternate sculpt Wych weapons with different arm armour, new heads, trophy racks and random spiky bits) and Scourges (extra special/heavy weapons). This would go a long way to making those 3 units less of a pain in the ass to field on the table.

4.) Court of the Archon box. 3 each of every model type for a total court of 12. Ideally plastic but certainly three different models of each type with bits that can swapped around so you can make a full squad without having identical models. They can be released with blisters (are they still called blister packs?) each with 2 of each model type (2 Medusae, 2 Sslyth etc). You get the same models in the box set but one of each type is unique to the box. Blisters are just add-ons if you want more of a single type.

5.) Plastic Mandrakes. And reposable.

6.) Vects Dais. About time DE had a LoW and this is an obvious choice for that role.

7.) Converting of the FW Tantalus and Reaper into GW plastics. They should be in the codex to give the list more depth.

8.) New units! Castigators? Giant grot type siege construct? New pain engines?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of wishlist   A different kind of wishlist I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A different kind of wishlist
Page 1 of 1