THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar

Go down 
+7
Count Adhemar
Ciirian
Mushkilla
Enfernux
Talos
Evil Space Elves
Sky Serpent
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar   Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 22:36

So, its 2015 and Hastings has just spilled the beans on Warseer that it will be Black Templars vs Dark Eldar in next years starter set for 7th edition, a possible nod to third.

What would you want/expect to see?

Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar   Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 00:29

A cheap, awesomely-sculpted beast pack! Like ten of them Twisted Evil Anything else would be a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar   Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 02:00

Ohh noo,last time we ended up in a start set they gave us 20 warriors, vs lansppeders and flamers!
Do we get a new codex by then? I belive not, so in a start set their will by wyches and warriors, and some kind of transport, a good guess would be the old reliable raider. And some fast attack element, probably rever jetbikes. Unless Moshkilla has convinced everyone to use revers by then. If he has then the startset will include another fast attack like scourges.
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar   Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 07:04

Urien, 4 grots, raider!
OR
Gunslinger w djinn blades, sf, cd
4blasterborn, dracon w bp, vb and sf pgl
raider w disint, ns, trophies and tormentor Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar   Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 08:06

Talos wrote:
Unless Moshkilla has convinced everyone to use revers by then. If he has then the startset will include another fast attack like scourges.

No by then I will have convinced the world that reavers are so good that the box will come with a single reaver against an entire company of terminators (by this time a single reaver will be priced at around £65). Incidentally the dark eldar battle force will also only consist of a single reaver. In order to win games DE players will be forced to master the reaver dart, effectively killing/disabling their opponent before they can place any of their models (extra victory points will be awarded for eye and jugular strikes).

I would like a biker succubus/archon/haemi, and isn't 2015 a bit close that's 3 years. Are they not planning on making the editions last longer. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar   Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 08:16

A plastic coven themed starter army would be beautiful. Even in simple snap models, the new starter set looks amazing. I really wish they made Wracks plastic instead of finecast
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar   Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 09:09

Ciirian wrote:
I really wish they made Wracks plastic instead of finecast

This. I hate Finecast with a passion and almost always rule out army choices that come in Finecast, which does tend to gimp my army sometimes!
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar   Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 13:40

Well... if the CSMs in the new starter are any clue... You will get a battleforce (-reavers -raider) with some special character and a Talos.

What would I want? Fast atttack units... any of them. So I can ebay up all the extras from silly marine players.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar   Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 13:49

Based on how started sets usually work, I'd excpect a 10man Warrior unit with a dark lance, blaster and a sybarite (probably with a basic ccw or venom blade), 5 Trueborn with a completely illogical weapon loadout (mix of darklight and splinter weaponry) but cool models, an Archon (probably with an agonizer since it's the iconic DE close combat weapon) and a unit of Wracks or Wytches (probably Wracks since I think even GW knows that foot Wytches would just be shot to death on turn 1 every time).

Black Templars would have a Captain (or whatver the BT equivalent is called) with a powersword, a 10man squad with a flamer and a missile launcher, a 10man unit of Neophytes, a 5man unit of basic terminators with an assualt cannon and the multimelta Dreadnought they stick to every started set, now with BT-themed bling.
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar   Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 14:21

Nomic wrote:
...now with BT-themed bling.
Iron Cross elbow and knee spinners
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar   Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 09:49

The man said wishlisting right?

Well in that case a Coven themed starterset, since I don't own any models yet.

Some Wracks (x10 if finecast or x20 if plastic)?
Grotesques x3
Raider (it's a must).
Heamonculi (as HQ choice, but only 1 due to finecrap).
A Chronos/Talos kit

Something like that would be sweet.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar   Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 18:12

Plastic Haemie (x2)
Plastic Grots (x3)
Plastic Wracks (x10)
Plastic Beastmasters (x3)
Plastic Khymerae (x5)
Plastic Clawed Fiend (x1)
Plastic Razorwing Flocks (x2)
1 x WWP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar   Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wishlist: Starter Set Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1