THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist

Go down 
+70
Grub
ShomaMage
SeabassMcGrath
Anggul
Squidmaster
bigaldevlin
John M
The Red King
barenone
TheNeonArlecchino
jbwms713
Dragontree
krayd
Larndorn
Bleaksoul Brethren
Mr Believer
Korwey
alexwellace
Mngwa
Rakenior
Elzadar
Amornar
Wolf Blackwood
Kung Fu Hamster
Ebonhart
Archon Rievect
Ispa
Theatakcat
megatrons2nd
wanderingblade
Ubernoob1
doriii
thesaltedwound
Barking Agatha
The Shredder
Dethdispenser
Cavash
Tahlemar
Mushkilla
Lord_Alino
rad_dawg
Martinman
Trystis
Siticus the Ancient
Marrath
Mandor
Panic_Puppet
Azdrubael
honethedroll
Unorthodoxy
HokutoAndy
Jehoel
Painjunky
Jimsolo
Expletive Deleted
Tengu
1++
Count Adhemar
sixtyneedles
MyNameDidntFit
darthken239
Crazy_Ivan
Devilogical
WangoFett
Its_Rumble
Foostickens
Bibitybopitybacon
Humnhapymeal
Zenotaph
ulijikaru
74 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
ulijikaru
Hellion
ulijikaru

A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12 2014, 16:48

As rumors fly of new codexes it is inevitable that ours receive a much needed update. It is my hope that the forum infiltrators working overtime at GW to ensure sanctity of their precious intellectual property would take heed to our suggestions and publish a new codex soon. In the mean time it is fun to dream. Here are some of the changes I'd like to see FAQed or in a new codex. Feel free to comment on these and/or post your own.  

• A points drop across the board goes without saying but we may as well be thorough.
  • The eldar battle focus. We attack at the speed of darkness, which by the way is faster than light. Time to start acting like it.
  • Entropic acid added to our venomous ammunition cocktail giving our splinter weapons the ability to strip AV off vehicles (lets say on a 5+). Strength 4 AP 5 poison 4+ ought to do it. Characters with multiple wounds can keep their armor saves intact because we will be happy to slay them in close combat. Lelith and the rest of our named HQ choices have been itching to get off the shelf since 5th edition.  
  • Shooty HQ. We have none. Seriously look it up. None.
  • Special allowances for all vehicles and jetbikes being able to fire at full BS while jinking.
  • A warlord trait that allows us to start a fight at some time other than the brink of dawn (night fighting the whole game). Especially since the further nerf of our night fighting.
  • A warlord trait that allows our entire army to begin play with feel no pain. We are raiders. We are sneaky and underhanded. We emerge from the webway and immediately inflict pain and suffering on the miserable defenseless denizens of the planet first and by the time our opponents finally show up we are already intoxicated with the suffering of our victims. As a concession in games where we go first, this rule will not be applied. It will however be applied in games we seize the initiative.  
  • Assaulting out of the webway. It's a dirty trick i know, but hey, we're dark eldar. If our opponent isn't smart enough to get out of charge range on the turn after we drop it shame on them.
  • Psykers. If that is too much much to ask then bonus deny the witch warp charges based on how many pain tokens are in play. If we can't join them we ought to be better an denying them. While we are on the topic arcane gear that forces a perils of the warp test on the offending psyker when we successfully deny the witch is both fluffy and necessary.  
  • More troop choices. 2 are not enough.
  • wyches, hekatrixes, and Lelith able to use their 4++ dodge during the charge as well as in close combat due to their dazzling acrobatic approach and unearthly agility.
  • Assault grenades for incubi.
  • Fix. The. Mandrakes. A devastating Shooting attack first round would help. A 2++ the turn they enter play as they "phase in" from whatever dimension they frequent would help as well. Assaulting the turn they enter play would be best.
  • More weapon choices for raiders and ravagers and/or a +1 strength buff to disintegrators.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12 2014, 16:55

No psykers!!! Maybe some arcane war gear, that helps us to deal with them.

More vehicles would be nice. We don't have that many...

edit: Isn't an Archon with blaster not shooty enough?
Back to top Go down
ulijikaru
Hellion
ulijikaru

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12 2014, 17:04

Zenotaph wrote:

More vehicles would be nice. We don't have that many...

More vehicles would be nice. A citadel version of either of the Forge World models would be excellent. I always mix up which one is good and which one is not.

Zenotaph wrote:

edit: Isn't an Archon with blaster not shooty enough?
An archon with a blaster is great at close range and if you want to only take a single shot. I'd like to see a S7 AP 2 Assault 3-4 weapon though.
Back to top Go down
Humnhapymeal
Hellion
Humnhapymeal

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12 2014, 19:20

seems like you should check out my homebrew lol i pretty much fixed all that and a bag of chips
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12 2014, 20:22

there is already a page for this in rules development with lots of great ideas.
Back to top Go down
ulijikaru
Hellion
ulijikaru

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12 2014, 20:40

Humnhapymeal wrote:
seems like you should check out my homebrew lol i pretty much fixed all that and a bag of chips

I think i found the codex of which you speak however the Drop box link is busted.
Back to top Go down
Foostickens
Slave

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12 2014, 21:33

Bonuses for not allying with other races and something to make us having night fighting for more than a turn.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13 2014, 02:01

I want a S20 ap0.9 90" range Dark lance heavy 4. On a Fast, Aerial Assault AV15 raider with a carry capacity of 20, it comes with every vehicle upgrade in the book and costs 130 points. And it is never placed in reserves. You can field it off the table any where and move it in on any board edge turn 2 and still assault out of it.

We pretty much have 4 troops though. And WWP assault would be great.
Back to top Go down
WangoFett
Slave
WangoFett

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13 2014, 03:45

My wishlist, where it does not overlap yours:

Some poison variety, even if limited to trueborn, allowing one to choose a poison for a specific effect e.g; slow movement and reaction times, reduce toughness, or just plain old death.
More brutal anti-psyker stuff.
A large and nightmarish FMC (perhaps ridden by a beast master). Something truly twisted and extra-dimensional.
Some sweet rules for that glaive the succubus model has, like a power lance but AP3 and AP2 on the charge.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13 2014, 15:13

PGL for Klaivex would be great. So you don't need to pair incubi with an archon.
Invun roll for taloi and chronoi couldn't hurt either. And my personal favorite:
A fast skimmer, like the vyper, with AV-capabilities.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13 2014, 17:48

I want some cool large beast for my beastmasters.

Give. Me. Large. Big. Fearsome. Ugly. Thing.

Oh, and fix the wargear pls. Seriosly: agonizer, power spear, venom blade and huskblade - that`s all what we have so far.

Oh, and points. Fix. Them. Alredy. PgL cost 25 points for character which is ALREADY has assault grenades. Same thing on daemons cost 5 points for character without grenades. And dark lances. And plenty of other stupid stuff.

Fix. It. GW.  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13 2014, 20:19

More haywire options, like swapping DL for haywire on ravagers.

Night fighting should give us shrouded not just stealth.

Venom variant that has heavy weapons but cannot carry troops.

At least the razor wing moved to fast attack.

Raven strike fighter included in the codex and a points reduction.

And bring back the alternate fire for dissies!
Back to top Go down
Humnhapymeal
Hellion
Humnhapymeal

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14 2014, 04:06

ulijikaru wrote:
Humnhapymeal wrote:

I think i found the codex of which you speak however the Drop box link is busted.

Sorry about that here you are My homebrew im constatly updateing it after playtesting and with 7th out thats added more for my to compensate
Back to top Go down
darthken239
Kabalite Warrior
darthken239

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14 2014, 04:46

NO pysker's more decent anti pysker gear.

Being able to put your Archon on a jet bike or sky board

Assaulting out of a web way

Get rid of super sonic and get vector dancer, fluff wise super sonic is great, game terms it's just a waste

a 1pt increase to I to warriors. so they're better than measly guardians

as there is no guessing any more to ranged shooting have NS give +1 jink bonus.

having kheraudukh being able to join units of mandrakes or just make him an IC
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14 2014, 05:43

I don't know why you'd want to change Nightshield to a poor-man's Stealth.

-6" range is much better on Jinking models that want to shoot (Ravagers, Venoms, Flyers). Lessens Rapid Fire, Melta, removes grenades from play (2" range? Haha!) and, even with no guessing, opponents often forget to take them into account with positioning.

On Raiders the +1 to Jink might be better, but really that's neither here nor there.
Back to top Go down
ulijikaru
Hellion
ulijikaru

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14 2014, 07:31

"Wash i need you to give me an Ivan."
"I've always wanted to try one of those..."

Crazy_Ivan wrote:

Night fighting should give us shrouded not just stealth.

Nice catch on the night fighting giving us shrouded not just stealth.
Back to top Go down
sixtyneedles
Slave
sixtyneedles

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14 2014, 12:21

Razorwing moved to fast attack, reavers as a troop choice (maybe include a jetbike character that gives us the option ),wwp assault (not for allys),new heavy support anti-tank options(preferably a wraithknight equivalent),4+ save on assault for wyches and assault grenades on incubi that’s what it would take to make me a happy Archon!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14 2014, 12:25

I'm guessing our 'new unit' will be Castigators (from Path of the Archon novel). Maybe we'll finally get a model for our missing Voidraven and perhaps a clam-pack plastic character model of some description.
Back to top Go down
sixtyneedles
Slave
sixtyneedles

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14 2014, 13:24

The introduction of the Castigators in the novel is what got my hopes up are those wraithknight size?
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14 2014, 13:33

Would love improved Nightfighting ability for us llike D3 turns or something. FnP back to 4+ for us. Archon/Succubus on a Jetbike. A FMC with some decent AA option.....like being able to Assault a flyer....but that'll never happen lol
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14 2014, 18:37

we need an army that's not dependent on allying with the Craft Worlders...

...But if we feel like it, CWE allies are fun.

And, one word.

EXODITES
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14 2014, 19:05

I think the only thing really "broken" in our codex is flyers and assault. So I'd like better anti-flyer units, who knows, since the void raven isn't out you can change it's guns, give it twin linked void lances that'd be pretty nice.

And as for assault, we need a way to survive overwatch, be that cover saves, invul saves, feel no pain doesn't matter, either that or bring point costs down so low, you don't mind throwing them into a meat thresher.

Other than that, we could use a bit more firepower. Our guns are outclassed by a lot of other armies, and in my mind we should have the most powerful weapons in the game. You know, because it's attached to a glass platform. That's our thing isn't it? Fast brutal attacks, but please don't hit me. No! Not the face! Not the face!
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15 2014, 06:23

Now I lay me down to snooze,
and pray Gee-dub will this thread peruse.
And should our pleas move them to act,
please keep special characters intact.
Should they give the axe to one or two,
please not the Baron or the Duke.

Amen.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15 2014, 19:17

Count Adhemar wrote:
I'm guessing our 'new unit' will be Castigators (from Path of the Archon novel). Maybe we'll finally get a model for our missing Voidraven and perhaps a clam-pack plastic character model of some description.

Haven`t read it yet. Still on "Path of the incubus"
 Sad 
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16 2014, 01:50

Sigh.  Didn't even know they were happening until the second book was out.  And I was all like, "it's okay, I'll just go to Amazon and get the first one."

Sigh.

Now to wait for an omnibus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next