THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Old Commorragh

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

Old Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Old Commorragh   Old Commorragh I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01 2015, 23:02

So The Dark City was built way before The Fall. Does this mean that much of the Old City, the core at the heart of the Webway realm was built using Wraith Bone? This being the material of choice for all Eldar craftsmanship does it stand to reason that originally the city was built from this material? This being said would the psychic energy coursing through such material be of danger to the True Kin after The Fall? Would it put them at risk to the gaze of Slaanesh? Might the Deldar have been forced to demolish everything post-Fall? Would Wraith Bone objects be proscribed as dangerous today? Fluff seems to say no as the Deldar once used Wraith Bone as ammo ion their Terror/Horrorfexes. But this has since been swept under the rug.

I'm wondering if some of the old noble houses turned survivor Kabals might still reside in palaces made from Wraith Bone.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Old Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Commorragh   Old Commorragh I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01 2015, 23:29

I assume not. Concentrated Psychic activity in the Webway probably wasn't much safer back then.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Old Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Commorragh   Old Commorragh I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02 2015, 20:19

I am unaware of the Craftworlders using wraithbone building materials inside the webway, though they assuredly transport it through there.

My presumption would be that if the Craftworlders don't do it now, that the True Eldar didn't do it then.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

Old Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Commorragh   Old Commorragh I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02 2015, 21:16

Wraithbone is a very precious material and you pay a high price for that (Terrorflex Grenades and all kinds of weird Haemonculus stuff). If it really existed in the past, it has surely been stripped away since then.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Old Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Commorragh   Old Commorragh I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02 2015, 21:59

I wouldn't, however, rule it out entirely; especially in a sub-realm that is sealed off from Commorragh proper. After all, everyone knows precisely how bad concentrated psychic activity in the Webway is, so it stands to reason they had to find out somehow.

If you could make a cool display piece with it, rock on!
Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

Old Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Commorragh   Old Commorragh I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03 2015, 20:02

The chances are if any wraithbone buildings ever existed in Commorragh they were in the core and got flattened by Vect when he took the city. so I'll just assume that the answer to my question is no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Old Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Commorragh   Old Commorragh I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Commorragh
Page 1 of 1