THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy

Go down 
+4
Evil Space Elves
Thor665
nexs
Quantrilltoy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Quantrilltoy
Slave
Quantrilltoy

Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy Empty
PostSubject: Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy   Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2015, 05:11

A challenge is issue, the enemy character killed but it took only 2 wounds and another 2 or more went onto his buddies so how many strength upgrades go to my Archon - 2 or 4 making him S5 or S7?

This point came up in a cent game. My Archon delivered 4 fatal wounds with a husk blade in a challenge, killing the character with 2 wounds and the rest going on to his buddies. Does the Archon get upgraded to S5 or S7?
Back to top Go down
http://quantrillstoysoldiers.blogspot.com.au/
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy   Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2015, 05:40

The archon gets only +1 S for the soul trap. Check the GW website for errata's/FAQ's.

You only get strength bonus for wounds on a character in a challenge, and ID causes only one wound.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy   Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2015, 06:33

What FAQ is that covered in?

Derp - they switched back to the core site and Black Library's list is now outdated. Okay.

I'm really glad they depowered the Archon in close combat - he was way too OP.
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy   Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2015, 07:39

Thor665 wrote:

I'm really glad they depowered the Archon in close combat - he was way too OP.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
He doesn't even get rending! all other characters get some semblance of AP2. Sad

He's only the leader of the entire kabal, wealthiest and most powerful in the army, but can't afford to buy drugs or AP2 weapon.
Heck, I'd even be satisfied if the huskblade was master crafted and stayed ID AP3 str user. Just give the guy SOMETHING awesome.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy   Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2015, 08:13

nexs wrote:
Just give the guy SOMETHING awesome.

You mean something like a power sword that causes instant death, striking with WS 7 at I7 for 85pts?

I get that we'd all love the archon to be a beat stick, but I think we really need to keep our expectations realistic for the points cost. A 25pt power weapon that causes instant death for 10pts over the cost that a regular character pays for a power sword isn't amazing, but it's not bad.
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy   Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2015, 08:58

Oh, don't get me wrong. I never expected the point cost to be the same. I'd happily pay the.relevant point cost
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy   Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2015, 11:46

To be honest yes. An ID power weapon on a S3 model with a 5+ armor save is overpriced.
Most models do only have one wound anyways and if you happen to meet something with multiple wounds you dont want to attack it anyways as it will just eat you.
Back to top Go down
Quantrilltoy
Slave
Quantrilltoy

PostSubject: Re: Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy   Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 03:13

nexs wrote:
The archon gets only +1 S for the soul trap. Check the GW website for errata's/FAQ's.

You only get strength bonus for wounds on a character in a challenge, and ID causes only one wound.

I realized later that I meant Soul trap as I gave my Archon a Soul trap, a husk blade and clone field. The Codex says the Archon receives +1 strength (up to strength 10) for the rest of the battle for each unsaved wound inflicts in a challenge with an enemy character. My question is if the wounds inflicted carry over to the enemy companions does the Archon get these upgrades as well? It could be ambiguous in meaning.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy   Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 03:45

No, he does not.
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy   Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 16:49

Not to get off topic but I agree with nexs, just give us the option. I'd gladly pay the premium
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy   Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 09:01

Jimsolo wrote:
No, he does not.

In general that's true. I'd probably argue that in the unlikely event that the excess wounds spill over to a unit and are inflicted on characters then those wounds would also count. Say for example the Archon killed the model it was in a challenge with and 3 wounds spillled over. Two of those kill enemy troopers but the last one kills a sergeant. The challenge is ongoing until the end of the phase and the wound is inflicted on an enemy character, thereby fulfilling both criteria of the soul trap. Bit fiddly but I think it's probably legit.
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy   Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 09:23

Count Adhemar wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:
No, he does not.

In general that's true. I'd probably argue that in the unlikely event that the excess wounds spill over to a unit and are inflicted on characters then those wounds would also count. Say for example the Archon killed the model it was in a challenge with and 3 wounds spillled over. Two of those kill enemy troopers but the last one kills a sergeant. The challenge is ongoing until the end of the phase and the wound is inflicted on an enemy character, thereby fulfilling both criteria of the soul trap. Bit fiddly but I think it's probably legit.
+1
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy   Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 13:37

Count Adhemar wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:
No, he does not.

Good point: grey area. In a tournament as a player, I'd definitely argue yes. As a TO I'd say no.

Good eye.
Back to top Go down
Quantrilltoy
Slave
Quantrilltoy

PostSubject: Re: Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy   Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2015, 01:23

Thanks to those who posted for the clarification on this issue. I also wonder what you think of my combination of clone field, husk blade and soul trap. Is there a better option than husk blade; for example are scissors hands similar in result but cheaper in points?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy   Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2015, 02:14

I outfit my archons with a shadow field, huskblade, and low expectations. He's really along to help weed out MEQs in assault from behind a wall of grotesque-shields, and to maybe tank shooting attacks until his field fails and he needs to start LOSing to the grots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy   Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Husk Blade and strength upgrades from wounds on enemy
Page 1 of 1