THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Feedback on using the Solitaire

Go down 
+3
MarcoAvrelis
Massaen
flakmonkey
7 posters
AuthorMessage
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

Feedback on using the Solitaire  Empty
PostSubject: Feedback on using the Solitaire    Feedback on using the Solitaire  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 00:29

Hey,

I was thinking of picking up n the Solitaire model (looks pretty sweet) and running him with my army. I usally run a gunline with a few CC units (incubi and Grots)
I'm not bothered by going unbound to include him.

So what have been peoples experiences with him?
Does he get gunned down?
Does he chew up cultists but bounce of MEQ?
Is he just a distraction Carnifex?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on using the Solitaire    Feedback on using the Solitaire  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 04:14

I have been doing coverage of the harlequins of late on my blog - this post might be of interest...

https://objectivesecured.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/unit-spotlight-eldar-harlequins-the-solitaire/

as will this...

https://objectivesecured.wordpress.com/2015/08/06/harelquin-thoughts-a-reflective-look-post-tournament/

Essentially, I found him very hit and miss. Aim him at very low model count units or single models and he should so ok.

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on using the Solitaire    Feedback on using the Solitaire  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 05:59

@Massaen - Your blog entries were good reads, in particular your post-action report from the tournie you attended.

My most common opponents are CSM and Marines (Raukann or 30k), so actually not too many units that fit the criteria it seems.

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on using the Solitaire    Feedback on using the Solitaire  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 07:34

Thanks for the feedback! Glad it was useful!

yeah, tough crowd for the solitaire in that company!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on using the Solitaire    Feedback on using the Solitaire  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13 2015, 22:58

My experience of a Solitaire (Path of Heroes-style) is:

It's a support unit with assassination as main objective.

It can't hold the line, It won't storm the castle, it won't even harass, but, It will move fast and kill hard. Its one and only job is to find out characters and kill them, preferably while a unit of harlies or something else is in CC with the characters unit. (Because your enemy running a character around alone when there's a solitaire on the loose just won't happen).

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on using the Solitaire    Feedback on using the Solitaire  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14 2015, 00:40

I use the Path of Heroes, with Venoms for everybody.

My experience is that this guy hits like a f---ing Mack truck! I've used him in a few games, and I've had pretty good success. The Venom can help keep him alive long enough to get into position (and is even better than his natural mobility). Even if the enemy focus fires on it, there's a high chance of it ending up wrecked, which means you can always bail out behind the wreck and use it for cover (for a 2+, due to your Stealth and Shrouded).

When he actually gets to combat, he kicks like a damn mule. In my last game, he wound up chasing down and killing not one but two Riptides.

I think overwhelming small arms fire would be his Achilles' Heel, but so far no one has brought any to bear against mine.
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on using the Solitaire    Feedback on using the Solitaire  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14 2015, 22:13

Just being a single model makes him easy to hide out of LoS and he can cover ground amazingly well. He really is an Eldar version of an Eversor assassin. Maybe better.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on using the Solitaire    Feedback on using the Solitaire  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14 2015, 22:43

Worse. Same points less damage, less survivability.
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on using the Solitaire    Feedback on using the Solitaire  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15 2015, 09:01

I wanted to say thanks for the advice. The Solitaire seems cool, but I may get more consistent performance from the tried an true options.

As it turns out, I spent my hobby money on a Bullgryn set.
I'm in the process of kit bashing them into Grots/Renegade Ogryns.

Thanks again!

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on using the Solitaire    Feedback on using the Solitaire  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 17:51

Massaen wrote:
I have been doing coverage of the harlequins of late on my blog - this post might be of interest...

https://objectivesecured.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/unit-spotlight-eldar-harlequins-the-solitaire/

as will this...

https://objectivesecured.wordpress.com/2015/08/06/harelquin-thoughts-a-reflective-look-post-tournament/

Essentially, I found him very hit and miss. Aim him at very low model count units or single models and he should so ok.

Thanks for the valuable info! This is what I've been searching for!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on using the Solitaire    Feedback on using the Solitaire  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feedback on using the Solitaire
Page 1 of 1