THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ramming / Tank Shock Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGreatVoid
Slave
TheGreatVoid

Ramming / Tank Shock Question Empty
PostSubject: Ramming / Tank Shock Question   Ramming / Tank Shock Question I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2015, 17:47

I just started building a Dark Eldar army (after years of black templars and grey knights). I haven't played since the 4th edition so I'm getting used to the new rules.

This is purely hypothetical but are you allowed to use ramming / tank shock to destroy your own vehicle and thus disembark troops even when moving 12"?

For example, you have a raider with a shock prow and 10 wyches embarked. The raider has been lit up by heavy bolters in the previous turn and has only 1 HP left. There happens to be a landraider 12 inches away and you ram it. By the roll of the die, the landraider is left unharmed but the raider has wrecked itself, forcing the wyches to disembark within 3 inches.

** Can the wyches now charge any enemy units within range? **

This would seem to allow you to move 12" (ram) + 3" (disembark) + 2D6 (assault).
I suppose it is not much of a difference from simply moving the raider 6" and disembarking the wyches an additional 6" from the hull.

Thanks

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Ramming / Tank Shock Question   Ramming / Tank Shock Question I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2015, 18:33

When a vehicle is destroyed and a unitn has to get out as a result, this is called Emergency Disembarkation.

The rules for Emergency Dismbarkation clearly say: "The unit cannot then perform any voluntary actions for the rest f the turn."
So the Wych unit would be unable to shoot, run or assault.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
TheGreatVoid
Slave
TheGreatVoid

PostSubject: Re: Ramming / Tank Shock Question   Ramming / Tank Shock Question I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2015, 18:42

I don't agree that you must emergency disembark when the vehicle is wrecked. On page 82 it states under the Wrecked bullet that "the passengers must immediately disembark in the usual manner, save that they must end their move wholly within 3" of the vehicle rather than 6"." It seems emergency disembarks only apply if they cannot disembark because of nearby enemies or terrain.
The same seems to apply for exploded vehicles except that they take hits and cannot move the extra 3".
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Ramming / Tank Shock Question   Ramming / Tank Shock Question I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2015, 21:34

I'm with Void. Trying to surround hatches is a favorite tactic for me. Unfortunately, the Emergency Disembark comes up a bunch because of it. If there wasn't a difference between usig a door and not using a door, why would they differentiate in the Rules?
Back to top Go down
kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: Ramming / Tank Shock Question   Ramming / Tank Shock Question I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2015, 21:38

Anyway why do you want to wreck the raider to allow unit to charge? All our vehicles are open top so they are assault vehicles and allow to charge after disembarking.

Slave
TheGreatVoid

PostSubject: Re: Ramming / Tank Shock Question   Ramming / Tank Shock Question I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2015, 21:58

Kourac: It was a bit of an absurd question and not necessarily a good idea. Although in rare situations it seems that you can squeeze out an extra 3 inches of movement this way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ramming / Tank Shock Question   Ramming / Tank Shock Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ramming / Tank Shock Question
Page 1 of 1