THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Arena - The Game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

The Arena - The Game Empty
PostSubject: The Arena - The Game   The Arena - The Game I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 01:38

I think it could be relatively simple to create our own Arena Of Death style game. My initial premise for the game is as follows:

You have a set amount of starting funds, say $500, currency to be decided.

You form your own Cult based on a selection of different types: Succubus, Syren, Bloodbride, Hekatrix, Wych, Helliarch, Hellion, Beastmaster, Reaver. Each choice would give a certain amount of bonuses at relative costs.

Example, I choose to start with a Succubus, 3 Wyches and a Reaver. From the offset the Succubus would be formidable though the Wyches could grow in stature. Player B might start with a Hekatrix and 10 Wyches.

A wide range of weapons and wargear would be available. Injuries, skills and experience would be there too of course, bonuses for underdogs etc.

The tactics come in as every round would have different limits. One round might be basic wych, low level weapons. Players A, C and G do not have any such choices so cannot particpate while the rest do and can. They would gain experience, spoils and of course suffer consequences.

This is a late night waffle but I hope you can see where I am coming from, perhaps overcomplexing it too much. Perhaps it would be better to start with 3 fighters each. Let me know your suggestions and questions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: The Arena - The Game   The Arena - The Game I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 02:28

Who would control enemies and how would combat be done?
Back to top Go down
Urien_Rakarth
Hellion
Urien_Rakarth

PostSubject: RE: Arena RPG   The Arena - The Game I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 18:20

I like the idea, but think the choises should be limited to:

Reaver
Hellion
Wych
Beastmaster

I think you should start as a sort of slave, with no funds, then slowly work ur way up till u get to Succubus, where after you retire, cause the fun 'll go out of it.

I'm happy to GM, any contestants for the Arena?
Back to top Go down
http://warpstorm.webs.com
Urien_Rakarth
Hellion
Urien_Rakarth

PostSubject: RE: Arena RPG   The Arena - The Game I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 18:38

Also, Combat could be done by u giving a profile as following:

Weapon Skill
Ballistic Skill
Strength
Flexibility
Toughness
Mass
Agility
Reaction Speed

Also, we'd need some sort of sub category weaponry, maybe:

Wych:
Dagger
Splinter Pistol
Impaler
Shardnet
Blast Pistol
Hydra Gauntlets
Venom Blade
Husk Blade
Agoniser
(Armour)
Clone Field
Shadow Field

Reaver/Hellion:
Skyboard/Bare hands
Skyboard/Daggers
Skyboard/Splinter Pods/Hellglaive
Jet Bike
Skyboard/Splinter Pods/Blaster and Agoniser
Jet Bike/Grav Talon
Skyboard/Phantasm Grenade Launcher/Heat Lance/Blaster and Agoniser
Jet Bike/Cluster Caltrops/Heatlance

Beast Master:
Daggers/1 Razor Wing (pet lol)
Daggers/Flock of Razor Wings
Bare Hands/3 Kymerae
Bare Hands/ Clawed Fiend
Agoniser/ Blaster/ Clawed Fiend
Agoniser/ Blaster/Flock Razor Wings/3 Kymerae/Clawed Fiend
Back to top Go down
dr3dg3
Hellion
dr3dg3

PostSubject: Re: The Arena - The Game   The Arena - The Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 06:18

I like the progress of this. I agree with the class system, but as for combat, would we use d6s just like in real 40K? And are we doing it more like the first idea with the more strategy-based system or the more single-character idea? I honestly think either would do well depending on popular vote. As long as there's some element of RP in it.
Back to top Go down
Urien_Rakarth
Hellion
Urien_Rakarth

PostSubject: RE: Arena RPG   The Arena - The Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 10:41

I think it should definately be non dice, but more like vvery close up speech. After all, thats the arenas, Sweat and Skill, right? Maybe we could have some PvP battles later?
Also, before a fight you need to specify your combat drugs.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: The Arena - The Game   The Arena - The Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 16:45

I think we should use dice and base it off the honor system. Like a d10 Main Profile system like DH or WFRP.

So for weapon skill, roll 2d10, lets say I get 10, and then add (x), depending on starting class.

Since wyches are the most CC focused out of the ones you listed, they should get a substantial WS bonus, like a +15 or +20 to their starting skill.

Like wise, since Reavers, Hellions and Beatsmaster are all mounted, they'd get a bonus to Toughness and Agility. The Reaver could have a larger bonus in exchange for less WS, due to him being on a bike at the time.

Hellions use guns too, so they'd get a more balanced out bonus, like say +5 WS +5 BS

Beastmaster are more CC oriented than Hellions fluff wise, being Wyches, so they'd get maybe a 10+ to weapon skill in addition to the Toughness and Agility bonuses of being mounted.

I want in, by the way. I shall be the Reaver Kanadaril. This is my player portrait:
The Arena - The Game Akira%2Bdiorama

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Arena - The Game   The Arena - The Game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Arena - The Game
Page 1 of 1