THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How old is Urien Rakarth?

Go down 
+8
Rathian
Anggul
Barking Agatha
Mngwa
nexs
CurstAlchemist
SCP Yeeman
Jimsolo
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

How old is Urien Rakarth? Empty
PostSubject: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23 2015, 23:00

So, here's a question: how old do you guys think the old fiend really is?

Do you think it's reasonable to believe he's as old as the Fall? (Or perhaps older still?)

Or is he maybe not nearly as ancient as he appears?
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23 2015, 23:04

He is at least as old as the Horus Heresy because they hint to him and Bile meeting up and Bile finding techniques and information from him. Now I guess it may not be Urien but they mention a haemonculus (not in those words) from Commoragh and I am assuming it is him.

The language and insinuations make it seem like it was Urien and that Urien had been around for quite awhile.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24 2015, 02:04

I am of the belief that he is pre-fall. If any of the Haemonculi are that old then he would be a prime candidate, and like SCP Yeemen said, some of the language used for him seems to insinuate as much.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24 2015, 02:16

Hmm. I've seen the stuff in the DE dexes. Is this meeting in one of the HH books? Or some other source I missed? I'd like to check it out.
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24 2015, 03:26

According to google, he was first in 3rd ed codex.... So about 17 years old. Heh heh heh
I'm a Death Jester today.
clown
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05 2015, 08:40

I think it is safe to say that he is older than the fall because the codex itself says so...

Page 52 wrote:
Ancient beyond mortal comprehension, Rakarth still dimly recalls that apocalyptic event [The Fall].
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06 2015, 07:56

Mngwa wrote:
I think it is safe to say that he is older than the fall because the codex itself says so...

Page 52 wrote:
Ancient beyond mortal comprehension, Rakarth still dimly recalls that apocalyptic event [The Fall].

I wish they'd be more careful with their hyperbole.

I mean, how old are you, Mr. Rakarth?

U.R.: I am ancient beyond mortal comprehension!

Really? Like what, ten thousand years old?

U.R.: Um...

Because I'm mortal, and I'd say that's well within my comprehension. It's ten times ten times ten times ten. I can even count up to it, see: one... two... three... four...

U.R.: That won't be necessary.

And even if you were a million years old, I can still comprehend that. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's impressive. It's just not particularly difficult to understand.

U.R.: Beyond mortal comprehension!

I know, I know. It's just that we have the decimal system and everything...

U.R.: Fine! You want to know how old I am? I am fwooshty orange jellyfish old, that's how old I am!

What?

U.R.: Aha! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06 2015, 11:52

We can't get any specific age out of what the codex says, but based on him "dimly recalling that event" he should be at least as old as that. At least we don't have one source saying he is 500 years old, another saying 1000 and a third saying 70000 years.
And hey... you can't make a big evil scientist and not call him ancient whenever possible! That's like having Lelith and not mentioning how beautiful yet deadly she is every five seconds!
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12 2015, 07:25

Barking Agatha wrote:
Mngwa wrote:

Page 52 wrote:

Because I'm mortal, and I'd say that's well within my comprehension. It's ten times ten times ten times ten. I can even count up to it, see: one... two... three... four...

And even if you were a million years old, I can still comprehend that. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's impressive. It's just not particularly difficult to understand.

U.R.: Fine! You want to know how old I am? I am fwooshty orange jellyfish old, that's how old I am!

What?

I will make it a point to quote this, somehow, in the future. lol!
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13 2015, 13:00

Nothing is as bad as GW's constant and maddening misuse of 'without peer'. According to them almost every unit is 'without peer', which isn't even possible.
Back to top Go down
Rathian
Kabalite Warrior
Rathian

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 18:01

Barking Agatha wrote:
Mngwa wrote:

Page 52 wrote:

What?

Brilliant! He'd be properly annoyed. Great taunting. Are you secretly a Harlequin?
Back to top Go down
Rathian
Kabalite Warrior
Rathian

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 18:02

Oh and I think Rakarth is pre-Fall. One of the pleasure cult lot who helped bring it about.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 18:21

I don't know why, but I've always assumed he was a child during the last days of the fall.
Back to top Go down
Rathian
Kabalite Warrior
Rathian

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 18:24

Jimsolo wrote:
I don't know why, but I've always assumed he was a child during the last days of the fall.

Now that'd be interesting fluff! Such horrors to have witnessed...
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 18:30

My personal headcanon is that Rakarth is secretly a Ynnead cultist. He's helping the CWE and the DE keep as many Eldar souls around as possible in order to awaken the Eldar God of the dead to destroy Slaanesh. At which point, of course, there will be an opening for the 'God of Pain' job, and a nearly-immortal, incredibly powerful applicant just waiting for his opportunity...
Back to top Go down
Rathian
Kabalite Warrior
Rathian

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 18:36

I'm not sure what GW are planning with their hints of a 40k End Times, but the Ynnead line is intriguing and it's been mentioned a few times as the new ending to The Dance Without End (if that makes sense) where Ynnead tricks Slaanesh into saving the Eldar. Rakarth could be stocking his larder for his own amusement, or he could have like you say, noble intentions having seen how She Who Thirsts has preyed on the Eldar for so long, it'd be his revenge. And a nice application for that job...
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 20:29

Dont tell me we are heading for an End Times too?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 20:38

God, I hope not.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 20:47

Probably not a fantasy style end times, no; but WE, the Eldar, have been moving towards an end times since the fall, and the 40k Plot has us held over a precipice we can't turn back from. The gates of Khaine are failing, and eventually irrevocable change will come. Whether that change will be the further damnation and eventual eradication of the Eldar and our transfer to Saanesh, or the salvation and redemption of all of our kind through Ynnead is what Rathian is discussing. If our three factions were to be rolled into one that's where it would be done. But I don't see that happening in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 21:04

I don't see 40k ending. (Although if it does, lord, let it end with the removal of the Tyranids!)
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 21:13

Why exactly?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 23:32

Why what?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 23:47

Why especially the removal of the Tyraniden?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 23:57

Lol, because I hate them.

10+ years of personal grudges, on top of the fact that they're a boring faction which add nothing to the game world. In addition, there was a long time where not every Nid player was a cheater, but every hardcore cheater I knew played nids.
Back to top Go down
Rathian
Kabalite Warrior
Rathian

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20 2015, 15:43

The Tyrannids eat the Tau, we inherit the galaxy.

The fluff in the codex timelines at least point to cataclysm, but as amorrowlyday says, it probably won't come out in actual gaming terms. 40k is going great guns for GW, why ruin it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How old is Urien Rakarth?   How old is Urien Rakarth? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How old is Urien Rakarth?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next