THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Urien Rakarth

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mononcule
Kabalite Warrior
Mononcule

Urien Rakarth Empty
PostSubject: Urien Rakarth   Urien Rakarth I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01 2017, 15:22

Fellow Archons,

I'm a beginner with the Grotesquerie but I agree that this formation is awesome. I used it with a simple haemie and a glaive succubus in the other unit.

To save one IC, I'm wondering if Urien could be useful in this formation instead of the stock haemie. If both grot units are deployed within 12" , his father of pain rules gives fearless to both units. His cost is high, but not by that much if you compare him with a haemie + doll + weapon. I guess he can make an hard to kill warlord even if his trait (fear to all DE qithin 12") is not that good. Well I often face orks, so fear + freakish spectacle is not useless.

T5, 4++, 4++ fnp, and he will get IWND quickly. He lacks AP, but with fleshbane and ID he will scare MC.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Urien Rakarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth   Urien Rakarth I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01 2017, 19:43

Generally considered - Urien is ok, but doesnt justify his cost, as is typical with named special characters. He is ok with Grotesquery and looks nice there, barring, let me say again, his very steep cost.

Generally he is just more killy Haemunculi. And tougher, but, things that Grots do well against, they wont need toughness and additional killiness of Urien, and things that smash Grots - Urien wont help there.

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Urien Rakarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth   Urien Rakarth I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01 2017, 20:40

I run my haemies dirt cheap, so I don't take him.

For my money, he just can't justify his cost. His Warlord Trait is guaranteed and in a Covens list, totally worthless. His one shot weapon is horribly unreliable. Grandfather of Pain is okay, but not so amazing that it can justify what he does. And perhaps most damning, he doesn't have the ability to take a WWP.

It's too bad--I love his fluff, and love his model. I WANT to bring him, and might in a friendly game. But he just isn't competitive.
Back to top Go down
Mononcule
Kabalite Warrior
Mononcule

Urien Rakarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth   Urien Rakarth I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02 2017, 15:37

Damn

maybe I'll give him a try in a casual game as I plan to field 2 units of reavers as wings for the grotesquerie. They could benefit of fear and master of pain. While he is overcosted, he replace the mandatory haemie in the formation so the gap isnt that steep.
Back to top Go down
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

Urien Rakarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth   Urien Rakarth I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02 2017, 16:26

Oh, and on top of that per the new FAQ his 12" +1PFP bubble doesnt work if hes inside a transport.

Poor Urien has seen better days.

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Urien Rakarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth   Urien Rakarth I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02 2017, 16:44

BizarreShowbiz wrote:
Oh, and on top of that per the new FAQ his 12" +1PFP bubble doesnt work if hes inside a transport.

Poor Urien has seen better days.

Indeed. Forgot about that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Urien Rakarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth   Urien Rakarth I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urien Rakarth
Page 1 of 1