THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Emperor's children Dark Eldars

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gearboxx
Slave
Gearboxx

Emperor's children Dark Eldars Empty
PostSubject: Emperor's children Dark Eldars   Emperor's children Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24 2015, 22:57

As the battle goes ill for the emperor's children, Fabius Bile escapes the battlefield and retreats into the outer reaches of the warp together with a small group of his chosen patients.
In the depths of the immaterium they come across a small group of dark eldar that have fled Commoragh because they have chosen to worship Slaanesh openly.

With their new allies, the children managed to set up a small base in the webway to raid the lesser races and to study the art of mutilation and modification. After improving the space marines Fabius turned his attention on his new allies and started to modify them as well to allow them to reach a new high in the infliction as wel as the sensation of torture and slaughter.

So here's my problem...
how do you create a paint-sceme for Emperors Children Dark Eldar?

i've tried purple/gold/mithril but it makes them look like harlequins...
black with a purple edge makes them look too much NOT EC..

i'm trying my painting on incubi's and wyches since my army won't field any (or not many) warriors, if i want expendable troops i'll get some cultists or traitor guardsmen. and i like the "armored" DE models.. got a sh*tload of them from the old edition so that should work

currently awaiting (re) painting

incubi squad
Wych squad
Lord with haemonculus and Drazhar
scourges Squad
Reaver squad
helions squad
2 talos
6 warpbeast and a beastmaster

and 20 or so warriors that i don't want to repaint..

suggestions anyone?
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's children Dark Eldars   Emperor's children Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 09:02

Hey dude,

I also wanted my DE to match my growing Chaos Warband. Which in turn I wanted to match my Renegades and Heretic army I'm making. Hazard Stripes for Everyone!

I like to think I took the basic colour scheme (brushed metal, both gold and silver) and applied it across everything. To help tie it together, I used the same colours on things such as robes, weapons, poison vials; weapons and tubing.
On my Imperial vehicles I used massive hazard stripes on the left hand side only, and since DE wouldn't be in to stripes, I use the yellow colour for things like hair and Sslyth skin.
I used gold across all my vehicles for some panels.

[img]Emperor's children Dark Eldars 20150814[/img]

So my point is - Take what you think is the essential colour of the 'Children, and apply it as base. Then use several other highlight colours to tie it together yet keep stuff a bit different (ie I paint my DE helmets gold, but my marines will be all silver helms, but everybody gets red robes)

I hope this is vaguely helpful.

Also if you cant get purple and gold to work, remember that Fabius Bile left the Emperors Children, and hires himself out to multiple Warbands, not just Slaaneshi ones, I think he refers to himself as "Primogenitor".Sso it doesn't have to be purple and gold Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kassill
Slave
Kassill

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's children Dark Eldars   Emperor's children Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 13:54

Always thought the Incubi painted on GW's site had a EC feel. Mostly black with purple accents (Tabards, armbands, etc)
Back to top Go down
Gearboxx
Slave
Gearboxx

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's children Dark Eldars   Emperor's children Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 21:16

well.. i've been trying some stuff today, here's what came out.. i only think Drazhar came out good.. but i want to hear your opinion..
Emperor's children Dark Eldars WP_20150829_005_zpsnjpbaz43

Emperor's children Dark Eldars WP_20150829_006_zpsw9t2rebc

Emperor's children Dark Eldars WP_20150829_004_zpsfzetiyew

Emperor's children Dark Eldars WP_20150829_001_zpsdyoenrie
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's children Dark Eldars   Emperor's children Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 21:52

Good foundation. Now add washes and you're almost done! Nice choice of colors btw
Back to top Go down
Gearboxx
Slave
Gearboxx

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's children Dark Eldars   Emperor's children Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 22:00

well.. i think they look too happy/happy instead of the sinister DE they should be,,,
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's children Dark Eldars   Emperor's children Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 00:45

Perhaps a bit bright, but as Metal said, throw in some ink washes to darken and add depth to the colours and you'll be sweet.
Back to top Go down
Gearboxx
Slave
Gearboxx

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's children Dark Eldars   Emperor's children Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05 2015, 21:16

Tried some washing today, this just might work.. Smile

going to add some highlights to it tonight and if i'm satisfied i'll post some picts later tonight..

Back to top Go down
Gearboxx
Slave
Gearboxx

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's children Dark Eldars   Emperor's children Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06 2015, 08:46

tried it, and i think i like it. Should not have re-done the shoulder armor but it's only a tester (so dont mind the sloppy painting).

i drybrushed the head and arms to give it some more depth. On the actual models i will be adding more small golden details so it won't look so clinical.

But in all, i think i found my paint-sceme.

your thoughts?

Emperor's children Dark Eldars WP_20150906_009_zps7cy0hd1s

Emperor's children Dark Eldars WP_20150906_008_zps3g6hwd2n

Emperor's children Dark Eldars WP_20150906_006_zpsknmbn1zj
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's children Dark Eldars   Emperor's children Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08 2015, 05:14

The wash definitely helped. Now the brights are toned down looks heaps more DE.
Only thing I would've made the helmets gold too, just so the purple isn't too prevalent, just on armour plates.
I've also had great mileage out of leadbelcher/runefang dry brush on the gold, gives it a awesome scratched look. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's children Dark Eldars   Emperor's children Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08 2015, 19:36

MEtals are very flat, no edge highlighting, eyes could use some work. Think you need to finish your miniatures, good sir =)

Mix an armor color with white color, then aply it on the model with the side of the brush on the edges of armor. Use thin brush for this.

As for metal, dont be afraid to use more contrast on those areas and remember, where there is supposed to be shadows, light cant reflect there, so you should either left wash there or use non-metal color there. You can also edge high light golden colors with white metal colors, such as mithril silver or something like that.

As for eyes - mix your eyelens color with white and paint roughly 60% of innter area of the eye. Then put a dot with pure white.

As for color scheme itself, you dont actually have to paint model to see if it will be good or not. Just prime A4 with black color and then you can see your color scheme on sheet of paper. If it looks good on paper - it will look good on the model.

How good color scheme is simply how well colors in it sitting next to each other. You dont have to paint a model to see that.
Back to top Go down
Gearboxx
Slave
Gearboxx

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's children Dark Eldars   Emperor's children Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21 2015, 22:04

Dear Azdrubael, first of all, thank you for your comments.

the model i put online was only a try-out for the paint-sceme on the model, what bodypart should be what color. As such i didn't take the trouble of highlighting or drybrushing.

apart from that, your technic with the eyes is someting i'll try sometime soon, it sounds like a easy way to make nice eyes. (apart from the imperial guard i'm used to, paint white, wash, put a black dot in the center).

i don't want them to be to bright, the should still be able to creep up on you in the shadows so if i paint them all silver and lila...heck..every inquisitor will be all over them..

i'm reading this fanfiction story now, and i almost have the idea he stole my plot Smile the warband of the forsaken sons ( a must read by the way ). Where a group of mixed chaos marines deside to revive some just before the great fall eldar lords to make them into allies in the name of slaanesh...

not excactly the same as i had in mind but close enough..

anyway...

i will start to paint one model with this sceme up to proper standards and then i'll get back tou you guys .

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's children Dark Eldars   Emperor's children Dark Eldars I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emperor's children Dark Eldars
Page 1 of 1