THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Talos weapons

Go down 
+9
dumpeal
Klaivex Charondyr
RCZ
Sigmaril
Vasara
Squidmaster
sweetbacon
Jimsolo
CptMetal
13 posters
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 17:22

Hello fellow citizens!
I still have one Talos laying around and plan on enlarging the unit. What weapons do you use? I actually like the pain projector (german translation) because 2 strength 5 blasts per Talos seem to be great. Otherwise: who cant use more haywire...?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 21:11

I magnetize mine, but vary between heat lance, splinter cannon, and haywire blaster.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 21:31

Because I tend to run a fair amount of Venoms and Warriors, I feel I have anti-infantry covered, so I equip my Talos for anti-tank shooting. HWB or Heat Lances are best in my opinion, with Heat Lances being the most versatile weapon between the two.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 11:32

I also tend to go Haywire or Heat Lances, but usually also make sure to go with the Chain Flails. I like to keep my Tali as combat monsters.

(FYI, I'm amused that the German translation of that weapon is Pain Projector. After a quick bit of research, I figured out the English version of that weapon is the boringly named Stinger Pods).

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 11:38

Ichor Injector or barebones. Anything other than that is waste of points in my opinion.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 12:23

I'm currently running my Corpsethief Claw with Haywire Blasters. I'm not enjoying the cost, but with the models removed from my list to make room for the Corpsethief, I need the ranged anti-tank.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 12:29

@Squidmaster What language do you read the codex in and what is that weapon called?

Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 12:48

Haywire blaster everyday. It is useful because talos could survive to enemy veichle fire, scourges often not.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 12:51

Barebones most of the time, need the points elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 13:05

CptMetal wrote:
@Squidmaster What language do you read the codex in and what is that weapon called?

ENglish version. The Stinger Pod is the only Str5 Blast weapon in there.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 00:36

My worry with the Splinter Cannon is when I run a Corpsethief Claw. I worry 5 cannons will kill me out of charge range, if not kill the whole unit.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 02:27

How about 5 splinter cannon, for anti-FMC? 20 (because salvo) twin-link poison shot could land a few hit.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 08:55

CTC can kill a flyrant from the air in one go. Not every time though, but I've done it few times in practice games for the tournaments this summer.

Splinter cannons on Talos are our best anti FMC weapons.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 09:14

dumpeal wrote:
How about 5 splinter cannon, for anti-FMC? 20 (because salvo) twin-link poison shot could land a few hit.

MCs are Relentless so it's 30 twin-linked shots Very Happy

dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 12:13

Count Adhemar wrote:
dumpeal wrote:

MCs are Relentless so it's 30 twin-linked shots Very Happy

Yes, you're right. I forgot about MC. Personnaly, I don't really see a purpose at shooting ground force with CTC. You want to keep them alive, to destroy them in melee. So, it's either AT or AA.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 12:18

So basically Haywire weapons.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 12:39

I'm actually torn on this. On the one hand, a TL Haywire Blaster is a pretty good weapon and can, at a pinch, even be used against flyers. As such I would love to have lots of them in my army. On the other hand though, if I'm taking them on Taloi, I'm basically limiting myself to 1-2 rounds of shooting as I really want my Taloi to be in close combat by turn 2 if possible because that's why I picked them!

If you could put the haywire on Cronos I would do so every time.

CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 12:42

How do you get them into combat in the second round?

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 12:48

CptMetal wrote:
How do you get them into combat in the second round?

Deploy as far forward as possible, move and run turn 1, move and assault turn 2 - that's usually enough to get me about 36" across the table so unless the entire enemy army is parked on their table edge that will get me in more often than not.

dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 12:57

If you move and run instead of shooting, there is no point in buying special weapons...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 12:59

dumpeal wrote:
If you move and run instead of shooting, there is no point in buying special weapons...

Which is why I don't usually bother. I have however magnetised the weapon mount on my Taloi so I can switch them out if I want to.

@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 19:43

I used the haywire option for no great effect unless you count that I rather shot instead of running. I got more CC when I switched for the heat-lance. Its close range kept me from making bad deciscions ...
Back to top Go down
solar shock
Hellion

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14 2015, 12:51

Interesting, as I am about to put a CTC together, magnetising seems the way forward obviously, but haywire seems decent - good volume and likely to open up transports etc , although the downside I assume is that they simply dis-embark on the other side, as you wreck it. A problem I've had with my orks countless times.

Heat lances seem solid, out of range turn 1; thus run is the choice. turn 2 you can't run if you want to charge, so 5 shots may open a vehicle, or kill a couple models first before charging.

Splinter Cannons will pretty much always be in range, but are only good for AA or infantry killing, so chances of failing charge range and make the choice between running harder. Although, it is still stock, so cheapest and useful still.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14 2015, 23:47

I also recommend the Heat Lance option. I've tried every tail weapon configuration in my CTC and Heat Lances were by far the most versatile. An effective 15 inch melta range is nothing to sneeze at on a T7, twin-linked, three wound platform. Especially good for sweeping Drop Pods out of your deployment zone and dealing with annoying CC-oriented walkers before they can start wrecking things in CC.
Back to top Go down
eldaraddict
Slave
eldaraddict

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14 2015, 19:10

I ran a Corpse thief claw formation at a 3 vs 2 game last weekend, with cronos support. Two chain flails, three ichor injectors, all with twin-linked haywire blasters. They ate a whole 30k ad-mech army, with only losing one talos. The only problem I had, was the turn I shot at a razorback from about 6" away. Blew up the razorback and was unable to pull off the multi-charge I wanted. Just waited another turn, and ate the rest of his army. I got about 4 extra VPs from their special rule. I love the unit. Everyone else hates it.
Back to top Go down
http://eldaraddict.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Talos weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos weapons   Talos weapons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talos weapons
Page 1 of 1